Treasure at Tampines

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thinkcarefully i shall ask my qn in e "freehold condo " thread.

sorry i cant ans ur qn. both are too big a condo for my liking.

TeamUSA

Reaction score
agree. haha.

digress a little.
quite sian that 2nd hand owners are refusing to nego down asking.
Theres no way these fat cat property owners will negotiate. They likely own at least one fully-paid off investment property (excluding their residence) and have infinite holding power. Only bargains you get in this market are from buying 2nd hand is when people have urgency to sell, ie. Foreign/PR owners who are exiting Singapore for good, divorce (for HDB resale as there is a time pressure to sell). These cases are rare.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
37 units sold in August so far based on updated URA caveat.
KByZcvX.jpg

ThinkCarefully

Master Member
Reaction score
37 units sold in August so far based on updated URA caveat.
KByZcvX.jpg

From 119 units in July to 37 units in August..what happened to the momentum?

As you can see (scroll down) there are not many fans of treasure by SL here.

Some took issue with SL, some concerned with sharing one tennis court with 2200 units and probably having to ballot for carpark (20% fewer than 1 per unit) and some just put off by the number of units... like a mini town.

However, if this is your ideal home, please buy and do not let others deter you.

Last edited:

civicguy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Treasures Developers are quite good when it comes to approval of unique cases for buyers ;) I was told that by the agents I know working on this. Maybe that is the case.

NiShiZhu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From 119 units in July to 37 units in August..what happened to the momentum?

As you can see (scroll down) there are not many fans of treasure by SL here.

Some took issue with SL, some concerned with sharing one tennis court with 2200 units and probably having to ballot for carpark (20% fewer than 1 per unit) and some just put off by the number of units... like a mini town.

However, if this is your ideal home, please buy and do not let others deter you.

Yes. No doubt sustaining high sales transaction for treasure is a challenge provided the sales volume is consistent months after months in order to digest 2203 units.
That’s why I did mentioned before, treasure has not cross the safe mark yet, was equally put off by 2200 over units.
Just curious, (u can also choose not to answer me). Any districts you particularly interested in or see potential?

Last edited:

shadowex

Reaction score
Yes. No doubt sustaining high sales transaction for treasure is a challenge provided the sales volume is consistent months after months in order to digest 2203 units.
That’s why I did mentioned before, treasure has not cross the safe mark yet, was equally put off by 2200 over units.

I think an issue for Treasure and a few other mega projects would be the layout as well. Blocks too close to each other so more difficult to sell those units. Can get a PC at the lowest psf available but several downsides to take into account.

RMCWMR

Banned
Reaction score
With plenty of cooling measures in place there won't be many desperate sellers la. These people who bought have the ability to hold. You got to remember TDSR is 60% max which means people have buffer and ltv at 75% means they have cash to burn. So why sell on the cheap if one can hold?

zinedine

Reaction score
Having a 2nd property is not without its pitfalls either.

U have to pay a monthly maintenance perhaps around $300 on the average?

Property tax of about 1k per year for a property valued at 400k?

Bank interest of a third or more on your monthly payment?

Of course if your unit is able to get rental, all these are covered sufficiently.

But I have come across sellers who are willing to let go 50-100k below market rates... have to keep a lookout on your own or get a good agent to lookout for u...

just my 2 cents worth.

ThinkCarefully

Master Member
Reaction score
Just curious, (u can also choose not to answer me). Any districts you particularly interested in or see potential?

I like RCR (lower quantum than CCR, although more measured appreciation) with growth areas (looking at master plan). If OCR must be careful not too ulu with no tenants.

Actually, I considered treasure too because of the quantum, but after walking around the site and looking at the sheer numbers and issues discussed here, decided it is a ‘no go’ for me. I did not regret as I found a number of better investibles but ‘eyeing’ the right timing.

So far my timings were quite spot on, not the best, but pretty decent timing
People who have followed property trend for the last 10 years will know....2011/2012, 2016....

Last edited:

Stoneben89

Reaction score
Latest updates of Treasure At Tampines Units Sold in the month of August alone:
Units SOLD on 31st Aug 2019 : 11 Units
Units SOLD on last week of Aug : 33 Units
Units SOLD in the entire August : 91 Units

TOTAL Units SOLD since launch : 663 Units
All 1 + Study Bedroom are SOLD OUT (44 Units)!

ThinkCarefully

Master Member
Reaction score
Up till August end. 662 units sold in total.

wbAusMr.jpg

It is commendable that treasure continues to sell but is this sustainable (after the smaller units are sold out)?

Since data is available, we can compare;
Treasure 30% sold 6 months after launch
Florence 31% sold 6 months after launch
Whistler 60% sold 8 months after launch
Clementis 20% sold one month after launch
Jadescape 37% sold 12 months after launch
Sterling 63% sold 13 months after launch...

Just visited a couple of show flats (one or Two months after launch) quiet until can hear mosquitoes.

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Master Member
Reaction score
With plenty of cooling measures in place there won't be many desperate sellers la. These people who bought have the ability to hold. You got to remember TDSR is 60% max which means people have buffer and ltv at 75% means they have cash to burn. So why sell on the cheap if one can hold?

Basically the cooling measure is leading to the following:

If you own multiple properties, think carefully before you sell. If you sell and want to own another, pay 15% over and above everything else.

If you are considering owning a second or third property, life is very daunting for you. Other than the tdsr and loan restriction, you pay 12 to 15% over and above the rest IF you are singaporean. Are you not savvy enough to find other forms of investment that yield more?

What those agents are trying to tell me at the show flat:
Sir, have you decoupled?
Have you used your mother’s father’s sisters and relatives names?
You can buy for your kids under trust...
And the crxx ...

They add more crxx like since developers buy land at a high cost and they must make profit, you have no choice but pay a high price if you buy...

Have they not heard of the case of panorama. The developer had to write off losses because they made the mistake of bidding too high for land?

At the end of the day, to each his own. Some may need to lie or twist the facts to make a living, but remember, your money, your decision, DYODD.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.