Trekking in nepal,anyone?

relakkk

Reaction score
Anyone has itinerary for trekking beginners? Look to do Nepal trekking in 2018 :s12:

artemov

Reaction score
Anyone has itinerary for trekking beginners? Look to do Nepal trekking in 2018 :s12:

it depends on which region you want to do, how many days you can afford, and when you are going.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey folks,

i'm planning to go do the AC trek in end Nov/early Dec for two weeks. it's supposedly the end of the peak period and start of winter? has anyone gone during this time before, and can share what's the weather like? i'm hoping not to get cloud cover since my aim is to enjoy the mountains/wide views.

also, i'm planning to go alone. am wondering if I should get a local guide to help me particularly with lodging and food. what do you think?

have some experience outdoors hiking and camping. climbed a couple of mountains before (Taiwan, mt. K) and would say i'm quite fit and healthy. just need to get some opinion about my next adventure.

thanks!

Reaction score

I'm also a beginner and I'm also looking to do Nepal trekking in 2018 (I want to do something crazy and out of my comfort zone during my sweet 30). So I have about 1 year to train from now. If you're really interested, we can plan something together

FlyingOhm

Reaction score
I'm also a beginner and I'm also looking to do Nepal trekking in 2018 (I want to do something crazy and out of my comfort zone during my sweet 30). So I have about 1 year to train from now. If you're really interested, we can plan something together
I'm right now in Nepal. If you need any advice , feel free to ask, I'll try my best to reply base on my 5 trips here

neckbreaka

Reaction score
Nepal is a wonderful place to trek. i have not tried yet but I saw many people doing it on the television. Also you will definitely have some sort of achievement feeling. Go for it!

MrGoat

Reaction score
Hey bro! Suggest you do your trek during oct/nov! Try not to cross over to dec because of winter especially since you're planning to go alone. I was at ABC around early nov last year and it was already freezing(-2) at base camp.

hey folks,

i'm planning to go do the AC trek in end Nov/early Dec for two weeks. it's supposedly the end of the peak period and start of winter? has anyone gone during this time before, and can share what's the weather like? i'm hoping not to get cloud cover since my aim is to enjoy the mountains/wide views.

also, i'm planning to go alone. am wondering if I should get a local guide to help me particularly with lodging and food. what do you think?

have some experience outdoors hiking and camping. climbed a couple of mountains before (Taiwan, mt. K) and would say i'm quite fit and healthy. just need to get some opinion about my next adventure.

thanks!

Reaction score
I'm right now in Nepal. If you need any advice , feel free to ask, I'll try my best to reply base on my 5 trips here

where are you trekking? my only concern is the AMS which I've been hearing. I used to have lung issues when I was younger and I still have a bit now. So being unable to breath properly or hyper ventilation would be something that I am most afraid of. But that being said, I really want to break this and get out there! Like I mentioned earlier, I have 1 year to train from now and I will start running/jogging and swimming to get into a reasonably fit position.

What are your thoughts and any serious comments for a newbie like me?

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey bro! Suggest you do your trek during oct/nov! Try not to cross over to dec because of winter especially since you're planning to go alone. I was at ABC around early nov last year and it was already freezing(-2) at base camp.

I don't have much of a choice... the earliest I can fly is the last week of Nov (27th).

currently still planning the route to take.

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where are you trekking? my only concern is the AMS which I've been hearing. I used to have lung issues when I was younger and I still have a bit now. So being unable to breath properly or hyper ventilation would be something that I am most afraid of. But that being said, I really want to break this and get out there! Like I mentioned earlier, I have 1 year to train from now and I will start running/jogging and swimming to get into a reasonably fit position.

go running but switch the swimming to carrying a heavy backpack and doing laps on the tallest building you can access or bukit timah hill. don't over train. an injury could set your training back for months.

artemov

Reaction score
I used to have lung issues when I was younger and I still have a bit now. So being unable to breath properly or hyper ventilation would be something that I am most afraid of.

You should get advice from medical professional, not from us here. Tell him you are going to a high altitude area. Remember it's very dusty and cold as well.

kitkat2

Reaction score

ams has little to do with your level of fitness. if you gain elevation too quickly, you risk getting ams even if you are very fit.

FlyingOhm

Reaction score
I was blessed with blue skies from start till end of my journey. No rain . Just monsoon clouds which shadow over LUKLA upon the end of my trip. Kathmandu is warm and dusty thou.

Wah enjoy yourself! Hot? Monsoon reach already?

FlyingOhm

Reaction score
I'm was the kumbu region doing acclimatization for island peak and managed to scale it albeit the view. I would say. Pace is the key. You should be fine if you allow yourself to pace well and only trust your own body . Your start to training gradually is a good start

FlyingOhm

Reaction score
Thanks artemov. The trip went really well. However so , my fav is still langtang region . Kumbu is too commeralized for my liking . To the person who posted that inquiry. Also check with medical professional is The Best Bet. Remember not all insurance can claim pre exisiting conditions

You should get advice from medical professional, not from us here. Tell him you are going to a high altitude area. Remember it's very dusty and cold as well.

FlyingOhm

Reaction score
ams has little to do with your level of fitness. if you gain elevation too quickly, you risk getting ams even if you are very fit.
This is the one and only rule . You can hear many stories exchange across the dinning table during lunch/dinner time on the amazing feat others are doing within such little time but to be honest. Nothing Beats going slow

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, my trip to Nepal is confirmed (28 nov - 14 dec). yeah couldn't go any earlier so I guess i'll be entering winter time there.

just wondering from the seasoned ones here whether I have to pack everything into a backpack or can I still bring a proper luggage there and then leave it (the luggage case) in the hotel or something until I returned from the AC hike?

any recommendation for places to buy reasonably priced ultra light backpack? intend to do it alone without porter so will have to carry everything with me...

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, my trip to Nepal is confirmed (28 nov - 14 dec). yeah couldn't go any earlier so I guess i'll be entering winter time there.

just wondering from the seasoned ones here whether I have to pack everything into a backpack or can I still bring a proper luggage there and then leave it (the luggage case) in the hotel or something until I returned from the AC hike?

any recommendation for places to buy reasonably priced ultra light backpack? intend to do it alone without porter so will have to carry everything with me...

Are you serious about going solo? How equipped are you for a winter hike?

sendtolee

Reaction score

How experienced are you in winter hikes and navigation with compass?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.