[TULAN] I was almost charged $0.70 extra for Extra Onions on my $1.70 Onion Prata at Mr Prata!!!!

kwanster

Reaction score
WOT ALERT
Episode:

I was having my supper at Mr Prata (Evans Road) just now. I order an Onion Prata, an Egg Onion Prata, and a Chicken Murtaba. My usual practice when I eat prata, I will ask for extra onions for my onion Prata . Order was taken, and the food were served as per normal. Amount of Onion on my onion prata just slightly more than usual. Ate and proceed to the counter to make payment.

The staff told me the amount and I proceed to the counter to do self service payment. While waiting in the queue, I have nothing much to do and took the receipt to check my order.

To my surprise, I saw I was charged $2.10 extra for 3 serving of extra onions on my onion Prata, egg onion prata and murtaba. I felt weird and ask the staff how much I was charged this amount. I wasn’t being told about the extra charge when I order.

The staff replied, “You ate already, then you reflect this to us.” I told them I didn’t even know about this extra charge in the first place. I told them it’s quite ridiculous that I was charged this amount, and I wasn’t informed. They stand down there dunno what to do. I told them I want to speak to the manager. They say manager not around. Then I ask them to call him.

They called the boss.

The first thing the boss told me is “Everything comes with a cost, if you ask for extra, then we will charge.”

I explained “I only ask for extra onions for my onion Prata, but I was charged extra onion for all the items. It is ok to charge, but I wasn’t informed in the first place. I think you should train your staff to let the customer know there is an extra charge for the extra onions. ”

The boss defended, “No No No, I think it’s you, you should always ask whether there is an extra charge when you ask for anything extra. If you are so concerned about that few dollars, then I will ask my staff to take the extra charge away. But I advise you to ask whether there is extra charge next time before you order extra. Everyone who came, never concern about these small amount.”

“Everything comes with a cost and things are not cheap. We are going to increase prices very soon too.” The boss continued.

“I do not think I will be the only one who will voice out upon looking at your extra charge on the extra onions. I advised you to train your staff on that.” I replied.

I passed the phone back to the staff and the staff minus $2.10 from the bill and pass the bill to me. I proceed to pay and left.

After Thoughts:
1. Extra charge is ok, but let us know first.
2. The boss is not even customer-centric, and insist he is right. Even advise me to check myself if there is extra charge. They will not bother to inform the customer. They will just charge.
3. $0.70 for extra onion, especially on my $1.70 onion Prata is really hefty. If it’s 20-30 cents, I think I am still ok.
4. I think the boss is rich, feel few dollars is small money and people are not bothered about it.

Mr Prata Boss, if you are reading this, Ok lah, then you earn other rich people money lah. I poor people, I concerned about that few dollars. I will not patronize again.

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The head got shake when he talk?

But yea I don't even remember when was the last time I ate prata or indian rojak. Fed up with the pricing. Very low SES food can somehow calculate until $5. Guess I grew up and started eating real food.

Architeck

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WOT ALERT
Episode:

I was having my supper at Mr Prata (Evans Road) just now. I order an Onion Prata, an Egg Onion Prata, and a Chicken Murtaba. My usual practice when I eat prata, I will ask for extra onions for my onion Prata . Order was taken, and the food were served as per normal. Amount of Onion on my onion prata just slightly more than usual. Ate and proceed to the counter to make payment.

The staff told me the amount and I proceed to the counter to do self service payment. While waiting in the queue, I have nothing much to do and took the receipt to check my order.

To my surprise, I saw I was charged $2.10 extra for 3 serving of extra onions on my onion Prata, egg onion prata and murtaba. I felt weird and ask the staff how much I was charged this amount. I wasn’t being told about the extra charge when I order.

The staff replied, “You ate already, then you reflect this to us.” I told them I didn’t even know about this extra charge in the first place. I told them it’s quite ridiculous that I was charged this amount, and I wasn’t informed. They stand down there dunno what to do. I told them I want to speak to the manager. They say manager not around. Then I ask them to call him.

They called the boss.

The first thing the boss told me is “Everything comes with a cost, if you ask for extra, then we will charge.”

I explained “I only ask for extra onions for my onion Prata, but I was charged extra onion for all the items. It is ok to charge, but I wasn’t informed in the first place. I think you should train your staff to let the customer know there is an extra charge for the extra onions. ”

The boss defended, “No No No, I think it’s you, you should always ask whether there is an extra charge when you ask for anything extra. If you are so concerned about that few dollars, then I will ask my staff to take the extra charge away. But I advise you to ask whether there is extra charge next time before you order extra. Everyone who came, never concern about these small amount.”

“Everything comes with a cost and things are not cheap. We are going to increase prices very soon too.” The boss continued.

“I do not think I will be the only one who will voice out upon looking at your extra charge on the extra onions. I advised you to train your staff on that.” I replied.

I passed the phone back to the staff and the staff minus $2.10 from the bill and pass the bill to me. I proceed to pay and left.

After Thoughts:
1. Extra charge is ok, but let us know first.
2. The boss is not even customer-centric, and insist he is right. Even advise me to check myself if there is extra charge. They will not bother to inform the customer. They will just charge.
3. $0.70 for extra onion, especially on my $1.70 onion Prata is really hefty. If it’s 20-30 cents, I think I am still ok.
4. I think the boss is rich, feel few dollars is small money and people are not bothered about it.

Mr Prata Boss, if you are reading this, Ok lah, then you earn other rich people money lah. I poor people, I concerned about that few dollars. I will not patronize again.
Fugging hell. $0.70 can make you write such a WOT. You're even more ngiao than the Indian money changer.

kwanster

Reaction score
70c for extra onion not okay meh? onion is the filling ingredient, rike egg is in the egg prata...chiu want extra then must pay riao mah...
Sounds logical when you say this. 😂
Maybe really not used to being charged so much for onions. 🙄

kwanster

Reaction score
Fugging hell. $0.70 can make you write such a WOT. You're even more ngiao than the Indian money changer.
Naohia you are bargaining with an Indian, what you expect. It’s the Sibei buay song feel.

Last edited:

kwanster

Reaction score
Shop staff mistake to add extra onions for all items but why assume is free? Next time ask for extra prata instead, no need pay more.
Never assume free, if it’s 20-30 cents I pay. The extra $0.70 on a $1.70 is disproportionate in my opinion. But it’s their shop lah, I can only stop patronizing.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.