TV repair discussion thread III

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any 3rd party technician to recommend to repair my Samsung first generation Curve UHD TV.

When I changed the picture mode to Natural, Dynamic or Movie, any area with black colour will change to green. Under Standard mode, black area is still ok; occasionally will see green patches instead of black. However, when I start the menu page, the black area within the menu page is OK.

If I switch to any unused HDMI source, the screen will be green in colour instead of black.

I am not sure what went wrong.
Do you know the model number? Saw one of my friend curved UHD. But seem is little blue vs green you mention. Ot turn out is a back light LED issue. We open up and seem the back light is not giving out white light but more to blue color.

robie_aibo

Reaction score
Do you know the model number? Saw one of my friend curved UHD. But seem is little blue vs green you mention. Ot turn out is a back light LED issue. We open up and seem the back light is not giving out white light but more to blue color.
Mine is UA55HU9000. I was told by the service guy that either the main board or the one connect box causing this issue.

Your friend manages to fix the issue?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is UA55HU9000. I was told by the service guy that either the main board or the one connect box causing this issue.

Your friend manages to fix the issue?
Yes, his is fixed as is a backlight issue. But his model is much lower end compared to yours.
For one connect board type. The main color processing logic is still in the TV itself. So I think when he say main board think he is referring to board in the TV.

robie_aibo

Reaction score
Yes, his is fixed as is a backlight issue. But his model is much lower end compared to yours.
For one connect board type. The main color processing logic is still in the TV itself. So I think when he say main board think he is referring to board in the TV.
I was quoted 200+ for one connect box and 300+ for the mainboard.

How much your friend spent to fix the backlight?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was quoted 200+ for one connect box and 300+ for the mainboard.

How much your friend spent to fix the backlight?
Bought backlight LED strip from TB. Think je paid around $35. Your model should be QLED type, believe is much expensive.

limtk55

Reaction score
The bluish issue is because of ageing LEDs. Our friend's issue is not darkened screen or bluish tinge to his images but a grey scale processing issue. Unfortunately, without opening up his TV for an autopsy, the mystery cannot be solved. Plus the risk of not being able to get spares (if chips are proprietary) may be an issue too.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The bluish issue is because of ageing LEDs. Our friend's issue is not darkened screen or bluish tinge to his images but a grey scale processing issue. Unfortunately, without opening up his TV for an autopsy, the mystery cannot be solved. Plus the risk of not being able to get spares (if chips are proprietary) may be an issue too.
Probably need to see the real symptom before understanding the real issue. Sometime is very hard to describe what is happening on screen without a video or picture. This tv features a local dimming backlight. It could be more then that.

limtk55

Reaction score
Probably need to see the real symptom before understanding the real issue. Sometime is very hard to describe what is happening on screen without a video or picture. This tv features a local dimming backlight. It could be more then that.
I think our friend already shared some pics. U need to scroll back and read his msgs.

samuelk

Reaction score
I have an old lg but perfectly fine.. but having no speaker sound or rather need a long time for the sound to be restored. Anyone knows how to output to a speaker if I don’t want to replace the set? All information points to connection to a lg sync which I don’t want to risk buying a sound bar n does not work as well. Many thanks in advance for advised .

limpingsim98

Reaction score
I have an old lg but perfectly fine.. but having no speaker sound or rather need a long time for the sound to be restored. Anyone knows how to output to a speaker if I don’t want to replace the set? All information points to connection to a lg sync which I don’t want to risk buying a sound bar n does not work as well. Many thanks in advance for advised .
Which LG model?

limpingsim98

Reaction score
It looks like a local dimming issue to me.

limtk55

Reaction score
Search the back of TV for 3.5mm audio output connection and plug in stereo computer speakers which also uses a similar plug. That should solve the sound issue.

kuriensk

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a Hisense 50A6501UW that turned off abruptly and wouldn't turn back on.

Had a technician come and check to say it's a power unit problem and his boss quoted 280 to repair. I declined. The TV itself cost 699 in 2018.

Got another deal from carousel for 180 all in.

Should i take this up? Or just buy a new one and try to sell this off somehow?🤔

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a Hisense 50A6501UW that turned off abruptly and wouldn't turn back on.

Had a technician come and check to say it's a power unit problem and his boss quoted 280 to repair. I declined. The TV itself cost 699 in 2018.

Got another deal from carousel for 180 all in.

Should i take this up? Or just buy a new one and try to sell this off somehow?🤔
Try to find the power board from TB. Should be easy to find one.

Best to take a picture of power board to compare as model number may be slightly different depending on region.

【淘宝】https://m.tb.cn/h.fxDJHK0?tk=lka72IZuQnS CZ3457 「原装海信LED50K380U 50EC650UN LED60K5500U电源板RSAG7.820.5855」
点击链接直接打开

Last edited:

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
3 separate horizontal black line across Sony TV screen - easy to fix or time to replace?

One line seems thicker than the other two.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.