TV repair discussion thread III

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same here, LG, close to 10 years. Samsung, 6 years +.

Last edited:

Kerastia

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Samsung UA55NU8000KXXXS bought in 2018 and is now out of warranty.
Since last night it starts to turn on and off by itself, with no image at all but can hear sound from the TV.
Can't do anything with the remote control as well.

Have to turn off the power to fully power it down. Read about it online and it seems to be a power cycling issue?
Does any one know the rough cost of fixing a power cycling issue?

Checked with Samsung, minimum cost is $80 for onsite evaluation, if decide to proceed with repair, its another $160 for labor cost and havent include parts yet.
Did u able to fix it?

petetherock

Reaction score
Answering a pm here so others can contribute and learn - please see my signature..

" I would like to ask your opinion if I should repair my plasma TH-P55VT60K for around $350-$500"
Plasma TVs are quite old now and whilst they gave good color and picture quality, a good LED TV / OLED can easily beat it and add new modern features. There's no guarantee how long it will last too.
I would say a new set makes more sense unless $500 is something you really don't mind spending.

lahgal

Reaction score
Answering a pm here so others can contribute and learn - please see my signature..

" I would like to ask your opinion if I should repair my plasma TH-P55VT60K for around $350-$500"
Plasma TVs are quite old now and whilst they gave good color and picture quality, a good LED TV / OLED can easily beat it and add new modern features. There's no guarantee how long it will last too.
I would say a new set makes more sense unless $500 is something you really don't mind spending.
Thanks for replying , not sure if it’s right to post here if I were to look for a replacement for something close the plasma which brand model will you recommend thanks

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any lobang repairing LED backlit as below screen darken a bit

Dadede

Reaction score
Hihi I'm looking to repair my TV panel issue. Screen crack. Please pm me for detail and cost .

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My LG OLED65C7 just died. total usage = 4.5 years
red link blinks 3x, screen remains black.

I called LG technician down to diagnose, he said is the panel spoilt.
(I just replaced the panel before warranty end about 1.5 years ago..)

2 questions
1) I suspect the panel(pixel) is not dead, but maybe is the panel's circuit board which is spoilt. The circuit board can be removed actually, but LG doesnt sell just the circuit board alone. Can that circuit board be replaced?

2) If really cannot replace, is there any good and useful manner to get rid / recover some value from the tv?

limtk55

Reaction score
U can call LG and ask them for a quote. But without knowing which board to replace (multiple boards inside), u may face a hard time telling them what is the exact problem.

limtk55

Reaction score
My 5yrs old LG 65UF680T TV suddenly flickered (left side) and right side of screen is totally black...as per shown here... https://youtube.com/shorts/54pXQZEecf0?feature=share

Anyone has any idea what is wrong with it and worth to repair?

Please advise. Thanks!!
I am suspecting a power board problem. Usually power boards have integrated LED supply and in your case, being a 65 inch TV, may be driving 2 sets of LED strips (left and right). But need opening up to confirm if that is the case. So left side supply is struggling to light up while the right side has given up. If its was me, I'd check the power supply board first. Then if that is ok, to see if the LED strips behind the panel are shorted out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.