u all use what tyres?

Kim1972

Reaction score
I only use UHP (ultra high performance) tyres for grip. I can sacrifice abit of comfort and noise and higher wear rate for safety. In my 16 years of car ownership, i only got into accident 3 times, all got hit from the rear. The grip will save your life and your ncd when needed.

Been using hankook UHP tyres for many years. Affordable and good for me. Last about 3 year plus which in sg context should change tyre already cause the rubber hardened by then.

Some agent stock types are very good, some are very shitty. Do your home work and get it changed on day 1 if its a shitty tyre.

Also, the heavier the car the longer braking distance, at the same speed using same tyre. So don't hear say from friend this tyre is good base on his car. What is good on vios may not be sufficient on a golf. Research on the dry grip, aqua and hydro planing on wet surface for the tyre u want

Last edited:

forkie

Reaction score
Ordered Michelin XM 2+ and will be changing from Dunlop Enasave see will have big difference ornot hehe.
Booked my appointment on 28 Oct.

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SG roads runs like 50km -90kmph. Anything works. I saved hundreds for other things. :sneaky:

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SG roads runs like 50km -90kmph. Anything works. I saved hundreds for other things. :sneaky:
I aquaplane on a cheap tyre b4. Now I always check reviews and first hand experiences b4 i buy.

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Make sure the next time yourself and inform your loves one also, to check on the tires when using public transport. lolz
No need, bus got go first lane?

Public transports have sop to frequency of inspection and approval on the wheels to use. You drive bus or car?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need, bus got go first lane?

Public transports have sop to frequency of inspection and approval on the wheels to use. You drive bus or car?
Have, TPY bus interchange the bus lane extends to lane 1.

ashketchum

Master Member
Reaction score
You pay 100k for a car but skim on tyres very bo hua leh. Somemore tyre is such a safety critical component. When u ebrake a good and bad tyre is really life or death one.

An average 10-year car only need to change the tyres twice (roughly once every 4 years). A single UHP set costs like $600 - can last 4 years - and that's a reasonable estimate considering SG road condition is still quite good.

Means a UHP set is like $12.50/month only leh..

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You pay 100k for a car but skim on tyres very bo hua leh. Somemore tyre is such a safety critical component. When u ebrake a good and bad tyre is really life or death one.

An average 10-year car only need to change the tyres twice (roughly once every 4 years). A single UHP set costs like $600 - can last 4 years - and that's a reasonable estimate considering SG road condition is still quite good.

You can bring the horse to the trough, but you cannot force it to drink water.

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score

my PS4 last only 1 year lor :mad:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.