Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh ur office building is which 1 ar? U know the surrounding got anything like lvl 33? I used to frequent there but looking for something like it now. :s22:

another one is 15 hoe chiang road, tower 15.

but i got 3-4 years never go liao...not sure still there

rast time work finish, boss jio go lim. jin shag.

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes yes, but if u dun wan view and want whisky nd cigars, oue downtown ground floor. lots of ol also..

Bought cuban before. Bu ke yi la... Literally burn money away. :s22:

I loves high view so think will try westin. Tyvm.

Peng ar peng. Lut ah lut. :o

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Click to see room rates and this pops up when u say a lot of OL.

:s13::s13::s13:

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought cuban before. Bu ke yi la... Literally burn money away. :s22:

I loves high view so think will try westin. Tyvm.

Peng ar peng. Lut ah lut. :o

too bad i dun have season parking, if not can let u park for free while u are here...haha

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
True... notice my rating drop whenever got Cheapo riders for GrabShare...knn Grab.

Grab tio fine by CCCS still tok cock.
What care for drivers and being fair to consumers...smlj...at whose expense Grab being fair. MaKan drivers most of the time.

End of the day, Grab still earn 20% or more commission.

Puik Grab.

GS likely to give bad rating. Before they board your car already don't know how long they waited and how many drivers has cancelled on them. Once they board and see another match they be thinking got to detour and wait some more.

So far every time accept gs rider are already waiting below the block. Never once have to wait for them.

So if get bad rating from gs, No need to blame yourself, it's never the driver fault.

Last edited:

jimmylimts

Reaction score
True... notice my rating drop whenever got Cheapo riders for GrabShare...knn Grab.

Grab tio fine by CCCS still tok cock.
What care for drivers and being fair to consumers...smlj...at whose expense Grab being fair. MaKan drivers most of the time.

End of the day, Grab still earn 20% or more commission.

Puik Grab.

Now Grab cannot reduce comm lor. CCCS say one.
In USA, Uber have tier commission, more trips lesser comm. Grab cannot copy this. CCCS say one. Comm cannot change.:s22:

Grab also have to reduce fare...CCCS say one...maintain

Last edited:

georgemcics

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
English little bit
Hokkien no limit

Driver4lyfe

#lor18han
Sitkpt#

I friday return lcr car.

I monday collect another car.

Sat sun maybe try smove or tribecar

Got referral a not i can use

Posted from PCWX using Don’t avoid, just pick any job, easy, step and go, no need use brain , remember u need Grab,Grab don’t need u

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The spirit of UBER continues to haunt the living.

——-
Uber struggling to dispose of its sizeable fleet six months after pullout

SINGAPORE - The Uber-owned vehicle leasing operator, Lion City Rentals, still has several thousand cars - many unhired - in its fleet, six months after the American ride-hailing firm pulled out of Singapore.

The Straits Times understands that Lion City intends to close down, and has been trying to dispose of the fleet. For a number of months now, it has been putting up cars for bidding by rental fleet owners and used car dealers.

Many of its cars - mostly Mazda 3 sedans and Honda Vezel crossovers with low mileage - were also advertised on online portals such as sgCarMart.

But response has been weak. Lion City is said to still have up to 10,000 of the 15,000 estimated cars in its fleet as of early this month.

"The market cannot absorb so many cars. It is now deregistering cars, and exporting them to other countries," a senior manager at a rental firm said. "We hear Grab has also bought some."

Asian ride-hailing giant Grab, which took over Uber's regional business in March, said it bought "a small proportion" of Lion City's fleet.

Transport giant ComfortDelGro also bought some cars. Uber would not say much when contacted.

"Lion City Rentals continues to partner with thousands of drivers and hirers every day in Singapore and remains committed to the market," a spokesman said.

Checks by The Straits Times revealed that several hundred unhired Lion City cars are parked in places such as Big Box Singapore, Carros Centre and Sports Hub.

On Monday, the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) fined Uber $6.6 million for contravening competition laws when it sold its South-east Asian ride-hailing business to Grab in March. Grab was fined for $6.4 million for its role in the sale.

The CCCS also set out a number of measures which both companies had to meet. Among them, Uber must sell vehicles from Lion City Rentals - which was not included in the deal with Grab - to any potential competitor with a "reasonable offer". Uber will need the approval of CCCS to sell the vehicles to Grab.

In a related development, motor traders said Lion City's car disposal has weakened demand for new cars, contributing to sliding certificate of entitlement prices.

The situation is in stark contrast to 2016 and 2017, when Uber's ambition to grow its Lion City fleet helped drive COE premiums sky-high.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-sizeable-fleet-here-six-months-after-pullout

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Straits Times understands that Lion City intends to close down

Now this is serious business... Noooooo... Cheap cheap rental :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.