Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

$_$monehpls

Reaction score
This morning was **** for my though, no pings for a long period of time

Today drive was quite good. Had to chiong 19 trips between 9am to 6pm to hit the mid tier 69 trips for $204 incentive. At about 5.40pm I still needed 2 more trips. One $20 trip came in but I took the gamble and ignored it hoping for next Grabshare. Wah it really came and I got matching to downtown for also $20. Total fares today for 22 trips is $425.50. I can only recall one other time that I exceeded $400 in fares collected. So quite satisfied today. :)

daryltang

Reaction score
Today drive was quite good. Had to chiong 19 trips between 9am to 6pm to hit the mid tier 69 trips for $204 incentive. At about 5.40pm I still needed 2 more trips. One $20 trip came in but I took the gamble and ignored it hoping for next Grabshare. Wah it really came and I got matching to downtown for also $20. Total fares today for 22 trips is $425.50. I can only recall one other time that I exceeded $400 in fares collected. So quite satisfied today. :)

My mid tier hit 75 trips then $201 only..
Next week 78 trips $190 only..

Wheels4Wheels

Reaction score
More superheroes are arriving at an auspicious time.
------------------
Unflagging interest in private-hire car sector

Besides Grab, there are nine companies operating private-hire car service, or have announced plans to do so in Singapore

Even as taxi companies go through a resurgence following Uber's departure, other firms are keen on capturing a slice of Singapore's private-hire market.

What the taxi companies should be dealing with is dig deep into their own system and see how they can provide better benefits and value to taxi drivers. Not how to create uneven competition in the market like Taxi vs PHV now.

Without doing that, the next time a cash-rich PHV player comes into the scene, it will be a vicious cycle all over again.

All because of what? All because the Taxi industry refused to evolve.

sanchin

Reaction score
This week ping sibeh good b2b before I can drop pax off job came in, and many times is dropp off pax the next pax just standing in front. I had to press not available when pick up then only can go toilet break and refuel.

Desking

Reaction score

Wow $425.50 for 22 trips really alot ... Same 22 trips I only got $259.50 from 7am to 4:30pm some more using S hourly rental car.... Clocked 321km, have to pay $62.10 for petrol. Plus rental $54.00. leftover $91.50, lucky thing is got peak hour incentive of $56.00. if not really eat grass

mnxmnxmnx

Reaction score
Just wonder why all of u used auto accept ? Got priority in getting jobs ?

Still have to wait. But won't forget to accept job. There was once busy changing cash for passenger and forget to accept.

Not sure why, but some jobs are not 15s, think 5s to 10s only to accept.

lycheng84

Reaction score
Hihi.... sorry to disturb ya... looking at the market now... anyone can advise if I can still just cover rental and petrol with some minor earnings if driving part time? Morning maybe 5-830am.... and evening 7pm-12am...? Paiseh paiseh noob here....

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rental possible, plus petrol have to work abit harder

just be discipline lo, because some days u will be tired of driving.

Hihi.... sorry to disturb ya... looking at the market now... anyone can advise if I can still just cover rental and petrol with some minor earnings if driving part time? Morning maybe 5-830am.... and evening 7pm-12am...? Paiseh paiseh noob here....

lycheng84

Reaction score
Personally I like to drive... but singapore wanna have cAr is crazy... siao Govt with siao cAr pricings... Guess I have to try to know.... I ready u all the messages very interesting and enriching lo! Hahahahahaha!

rental possible, plus petrol have to work abit harder

just be discipline lo, because some days u will be tired of driving.

Wheels4Wheels

Reaction score

Yes still possible. Just be realistic that driving such limited hours, your earnings will not be much. Don't forget ERP too.

lycheng84

Reaction score
I intend to work one weekend like Saturday full day lo~ thanks for the advices and insights man~ is sat or sun better to drive and get more pings ar?

Yes still possible. Just be realistic that driving such limited hours, your earnings will not be much. Don't forget ERP too.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunnoe, but if u drive sat or sun, be prepared to face families with kids below 1.35m.

make sure u have enuff ‘bullets’ to face all this.

I intend to work one weekend like Saturday full day lo~ thanks for the advices and insights man~ is sat or sun better to drive and get more pings ar?

lycheng84

Reaction score
hahahahaha.... yeah, this one i saw many in this thread..... luckily my face the skin quite thick.... thanks for highlighting... :) hope all of u get many pings this week! :p

SHAWNTOH2222

Reaction score
Sat and sun can drive full day 12 hrs if u want . Fri maybe 4pm onwards. mon to thur forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.