Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
~~face palm~~~

All the shows you wanted are under the livetv app

really meh. how is it consider as liveapp? live not those on demand meh. or like live soccer. tw channel consider live?

ferocity

Master Member
Reaction score
really meh. how is it consider as liveapp? live not those on demand meh. or like live soccer. tw channel consider live?

Livetv and on demand are 2 separate things leh......both exists on ubox as different apps. Ublive = live streaming of various tv channels around the world. Uvod = Instant click and play of drama, variety, movie videos etc. You got subscribe before local cable or not? Singtel and starhub also similar mah.

ferocity

Master Member
Reaction score
If you print out the Carousell ad & bring to the shop, why would they deny you the price clearly listed on Carousell?

Whenever in doubt, I've always print out the Carousell ad -- and bring to the seller's retail shop.

I've yet to encounter a case whereby I'm allowed to go self collect, but yet denied the listed price clearly stated on the Carousell ad.

If they list a price on Carousell which they don't honour, then they'll get negative feedbacks on Carousell.

This will affect them if they also sell on Qoo10.

Many Qoo10 buyers also use Carousell & vice-versa.

Personally, I will NEVER buy from the same seller in Qoo10 -- which I've bad experience in Carousell.

Ads on carousell are not legal binding in anyway. Carousell sellers are not obligated to honor the price listed on their ads and i have dealt with PC parts sellers on carousell who listed one price and then tell you another when you private message them. Everything on carousell is just based on trust. By buying on qoo10/lazada, you paid upfront to seller which meant you have already entered a transactional agreement with seller. Seller plays punk at most i just cancel order. Buy on carousell, i go down to shop seller plays punk, i make a wasted trip and waste of time. Leave a bad feedback and so what? Hardly anybody cares about bad feedback on carousell. Anytime seller can just create another account and continue selling. But then by all means you can try to get them to honor the price lor. Nobody's stopping anybody.

boonkang

Reaction score
Ads on carousell are not legal binding in anyway. Carousell sellers are not obligated to honor the price listed on their ads and i have dealt with PC parts sellers on carousell who listed one price and then tell you another when you private message them. Everything on carousell is just based on trust. By buying on qoo10/lazada, you paid upfront to seller which meant you have already entered a transactional agreement with seller. Seller plays punk at most i just cancel order. Buy on carousell, i go down to shop seller plays punk, i make a wasted trip and waste of time. Leave a bad feedback and so what? Hardly anybody cares about bad feedback on carousell. Anytime seller can just create another account and continue selling. But then by all means you can try to get them to honor the price lor. Nobody's stopping anybody.

Well, if that's the case universally, then NOBODY can EVER buy anything via Carousell; and Carousell should just close down already.

Yet, over the years, I've bought multiple stuff from Carousell sources at attractive prices.

It's OK, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Since you're feel so strongly against Carousell's sources I'll delete earlier posts I shared.

Thanks.

(Don't worry, I'll never share any Carousell sources on HWZ again)

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
carousell doesn't protect the buyer. It is very easy for scammer or conman to con people. The most you can do is to give bad comments, but the conman can start another account easily.

ferocity

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, if that's the case universally, then NOBODY can EVER buy anything via Carousell; and Carousell should just close down already.

Yet, over the years, I've bought multiple stuff from Carousell sources at attractive prices.

It's OK, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Since you're feel so strongly against Carousell's sources I'll delete earlier posts I shared.

Thanks.

You never kenna connned, scammed or played out by carousell sellers doesnt mean they dont exist. Fact of matter remains that there is big fat zero buyer protection when it comes to dealing on carousell. Not saying qoo10 or lazada is totally safe, but at least there are means for you to seek recourse when a transaction goes awry. You said it yourself that "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" and you want to call me out for my supposed strong views against carousell?:s13::s22: You dont have to lay it on me with you deleting your carousell links. I didnt force you to do it and as i said, nobody is stopping anybody from buying from carousell.

boonkang

Reaction score
You never kenna connned, scammed or played out by carousell sellers doesnt mean they dont exist. Fact of matter remains that there is big fat zero buyer protection when it comes to dealing on carousell. Not saying qoo10 or lazada is totally safe, but at least there are means for you to seek recourse when a transaction goes awry. You said it yourself that "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" and you want to call me out for my supposed strong views against carousell?:s13::s22: You dont have to lay it on me with you deleting your carousell links. I didnt force you to do it and as i said, nobody is stopping anybody from buying from carousell.

Chill, Brother.

IMHO,

(I see) the problem with most people (including yourself) -- is that people often (automatically) put Carousell, Lazada & Qoo10 platforms together in a discussion -- as if they belong to the exact same group.

No, they're NOT the same (in many ways), and as such not 100% comparable.

To be clear, as far as Carousell, Lazada or Qoo10 are concerned...

They are NOT operated (or even designed) the same way -- so users should not even have the exact SAME SET of EXPECTATIONS from all of these 3 platforms.

Obviously, most people will say Lazada & Qoo10 are much similar to each other when compared to Carousell; but even Lazada & Qoo10 have their differences.

From Day 1,
Carousell are not operated the same way as Qoo10; so if users have the SAME EXPECTATIONS -- in ALL aspects -- from both Carousell & Qoo10, then I'm sorry to say, sadly users are mistaken.

Once you've a better/deeper understanding of what Carousell/Qoo10 can or cannot do for you; you'll then have more accurate/realistic expectations -- when using both Carousell & Qoo10.

(often frustrations/disappointments results when expectations are not meet)

You see, if you expect Carousell to give everything exactly (as) what Qoo10 provides -- then Carousell will ALWAYS FALL SHORT for you -- because Carousell is NOT designed to give the same as what Qoo10 offers in the FIRST PLACE !! :)

I know the strengths & weaknesses of Carousell so I use it accordingly.

This is NOT a thread on Carousell, so I'll stop here.
(Don't worry, I'll not make any further replies regarding Carousell on this thread)

Thanks.

Last edited:

evildoctor

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just bought the ubox and installed the app marketplace. Which apps should I install? Watch movies on demand etc.

jiesike20

Reaction score
Hi All,

Any idea why the app BeeVideo was no longer available in the app market?

Tried installing the apk direct from the web but it doesnt work.

Please help.

Thanks

lyk76

Reaction score
Not all the apps are permanent, they could be closed after some time

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

ragegoh

Reaction score
When using UBTV, some channels will buffer at 2kb/s. And some channels will stop buffering halfway. Any idea why? Or I should do some settings?

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experienced ubtv memory full?
It shows total memory capacity around 10gb and my apps doesn't using more than 1gb but my available cb is only 100mb.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Anyone experienced ubtv memory full?
It shows total memory capacity around 10gb and my apps doesn't using more than 1gb but my available cb is only 100mb.

I got this issue two months ago. need to report to your vendor.

jiesike20

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any addon recommendations for kodi to watch Taiwan Drama? kodi version is 17.1

jiesike20

Reaction score
Hi how do i install kodi v16.1 on my ubox 3? it prompts me to install a new version and hangs there after that.

tituman

Reaction score
How to convert Chinese menu to English

Hi bros and sistas, I am a newbie and sucks in IT and just as bad in Mandarin. Need help on how to convert my Chinese base menu to English. If possible relate step by step to do it. Thanks a lot guys. Kamsia... :)

kimutaku

Reaction score
Hey Ubox owners,

Can I check with you guys if the international channels such as (animal planet, HBO, Discovery) are dubbed in chinese or in its original language(ENG) ?

Thank you.

narutorecca

Reaction score
Hihi all.

Juz gt a new unblock tech box gen3. Wondering wat other channels is good to watch and can i know besides d 10 apps in d popular section can i still add on more apps? Like download frm d app store and expand more then 10 apps in the popular section? And if can how to go abt it?

Many thks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.