Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$129 (+4.50 deliv) export set with 6mos warranty is not bad at all. Other seller is at $149 (free deliv) with 1year warranty. I guess the difference ($15.5) caters for the remaining 6mos warranty.

From what i understand, and i am not sure how accurate this is, the so called 1 year authorized reseller warranty entails first 6 months go back to seller for exchange, while the last 6 months seller help you send back to unblock for servicing. The set sold by ziming global is actually so called "local stock" with the singapore sticker on the box. My guess is ziming global are not one of the official unblock recognized resellers in singapore but they managed to somehow get hands on local stock for sale. And because they are not official reseller, they are only able to provide 6 months shop warranty.

Deathzz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those who bought the box, any idea how to update the myTV Super? for TVB, when attempting to update in store, it says country not supported. how to get around it?

in1996

Reaction score
just now unblock prompted me to update the app. After i installed the update, it was struck "Pls wait..." and couldn't proceed further.
Did anyone here having the same problem?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just now unblock prompted me to update the app. After i installed the update, it was struck "Pls wait..." and couldn't proceed further.

You are not being clear. You mean update to the box or update for app? As far as i know, there are no current updates to the box. As to updates to apps, apart from ub's own proprietary apps, all other app updates are pushed out by the app creator themselves, not unblock. As these are cracked versions of the apps, better to not update them when prompted. If anything, just uninstall and reinstall the apps from ub market if they fail to work anymore after updating.

jerrypt

Reaction score
I just upgraded my TV app. No problem.

You may wish to power off your box, and power on again.

in1996

Reaction score

Tried early this morning. It was ok already. Thanks all

oldman1881

Reaction score
Hi all,
Like to get new TV box, where to get the good price for UBOX?
Anyway to try UBTV? or install to a normal android device, hope to try first.
Please advise

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Like to get new TV box, where to get the good price for UBOX?
Anyway to try UBTV? or install to a normal android device, hope to try first.
Please advise

Ubox is basically an android box with their own proprietary live tv and streaming apps. You cant install these apps onto other boxes as they only work with the ubox. Price of the box is strictly controlled by unblock but you can find some sellers out there who are selling below the price set by unblock. Refer to the link posted previously for the qoo10 auction where you pay $129 for a gen 3 bt. Not sure where you can try the box but you can refer to youtube review videos to have a look at the ubtv app.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Ubox is basically an android box with their own proprietary live tv and streaming apps. You cant install these apps onto other boxes as they only work with the ubox. Price of the box is strictly controlled by unblock but you can find some sellers out there who are selling below the price set by unblock. Refer to the link posted previously for the qoo10 auction where you pay $129 for a gen 3 bt. Not sure where you can try the box but you can refer to youtube review videos to have a look at the ubtv app.
I saw the auction, never use auction before, can we just pay 129 to buy it or must wait for auction end? or we can walk in their shop in SLS to buy it directly?
BTW, how do they control the UBTV? just use MAC address?
or some kind of series number?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw the auction, never use auction before, can we just pay 129 to buy it or must wait for auction end? or we can walk in their shop in SLS to buy it directly?
BTW, how do they control the UBTV? just use MAC address?
or some kind of series number?

The auction uses the instant draw system, meaning once per day you can participate in the drawing of lots with a 50/50 chance of winning or not winning a slot. If you win a slot, you have 24hrs to make payment and complete the purchase of the box @ $129. You can choose delivery or self collection of the box. DO NOT proceed down to buy the box directly from the shop as shop price is often much more expensive than online price. The unblock apps are bounded to the box through mac id.

oldman1881

Reaction score
The auction uses the instant draw system, meaning once per day you can participate in the drawing of lots with a 50/50 chance of winning or not winning a slot. If you win a slot, you have 24hrs to make payment and complete the purchase of the box @ $129. You can choose delivery or self collection of the box. DO NOT proceed down to buy the box directly from the shop as shop price is often much more expensive than online price. The unblock apps are bounded to the box through mac id.

so easy to bid? just one try to get.
BTW heard from in the show last time that UBTV has limited activation period now, only one year? anybody notice that?

and also find out this, is it a good buy?
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/UNBLOCK-TECH-MEDIA-TV-BLACK-BOX-UBTV-GEN3-1000-FREE-CHANNELS/492275320

Last edited:

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so easy to bid? just one try to get.
BTW heard from in the show last time that UBTV has limited activation period now, only one year? anybody notice that?

and also find out this, is it a good buy?
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/UNBLOCK-TECH-MEDIA-TV-BLACK-BOX-UBTV-GEN3-1000-FREE-CHANNELS/492275320

No.....its lifetime. Dont know where you get the impression that its only 1 year. People have been using the box for the best part of 2 to 3 years. The black version though $30 cheaper, has less ram, less storage space and no bluetooth. Get it if you solely want the box for the streaming apps as the box is practically useless for everything else.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No.....its lifetime. Dont know where you get the impression that its only 1 year. People have been using the box for the best part of 2 to 3 years. The black version though $30 cheaper, has less ram, less storage space and no bluetooth. Get it if you solely want the box for the streaming apps as the box is practically useless for everything else.

It might be good to use it solely for iptv, and it will last longer :)

Add another $50 and get you a reasonably good box from nexbox with S905x, 2G/8G.

Total $149

oldman1881

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice.

I checked the spec for white and black version, it seems that the only difference is 8G vs 16G and no Bluetooth.
Does Pro version provide Bluetooth remote controller? if the Bluetooth is used for game controller, then I think 1G ram is tough to play the game.
Does this Bluetooth support wireless earpieces?
Also Bluetooth sticker is 20 RMB only from TB.
I think it is worth to buy Pro version if it has 2G+ Ram.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice.

I checked the spec for white and black version, it seems that the only difference is 8G vs 16G and no Bluetooth.
Does Pro version provide Bluetooth remote controller? if the Bluetooth is used for game controller, then I think 1G ram is tough to play the game.
Does this Bluetooth support wireless earpieces?
Also Bluetooth sticker is 20 RMB only from TB.
I think it is worth to buy Pro version if it has 2G+ Ram.

The black version only has 512mb ram. Go check youtube videos for the black box running benchmark software. Also, its on older version of android(4.4.2) compared to the white box(5.1) although this doesnt make much of a difference. Same remote for all versions of ubox. You cant add bluetooth support onto a non-bluetooth box by sticking a bluetooth dongle onto the box. It doesnt work this way. I also want my tv boxes to come with 3gm ram/32gb rom and must be dirt cheap with apps that work flawlessly for 24/7 but i cant always have my cake and eat it.

oldman1881

Reaction score
The black version only has 512mb ram. Go check youtube videos for the black box running benchmark software. Also, its on older version of android(4.4.2) compared to the white box(5.1) although this doesnt make much of a difference. Same remote for all versions of ubox. You cant add bluetooth support onto a non-bluetooth box by sticking a bluetooth dongle onto the box. It doesnt work this way. I also want my tv boxes to come with 3gm ram/32gb rom and must be dirt cheap with apps that work flawlessly for 24/7 but i cant always have my cake and eat it.
yes, you are right, the black version is 512M ram and 4.4, confirmed through a reseller from China, and the seller ValueBest Asia sell for 99 does does not reply, a JS,hehe.
BTW, this 129 box is export set, what does this export set mean? heard there are two versions only, global and HK version, no export version.

kawatsu

Master Member
Reaction score
What app other than 电视猫 is good for movies like Xmen, lala land with English subtitles ?

oldman1881

Reaction score
What app other than 电视猫 is good for movies like Xmen, lala land with English subtitles ?

I do prefer to offline download to Baidu net disk and watch from there, able to find out all movies.

Movies from these apps is very limited。

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.