Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check does channel u loads for you?
My box cannot seem to load channel u and set du hui.
Just wonder is it the same.

If a channel doesnt load, then its down for everybody and not just unique to your box only. But yes, channel u is down in the ubtv app. Channels in the malaysia section are pretty unstable and they often remain down pending maintenance from unblock.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask you all ah, where do you all get your Unblock TV? I can find many sellers online and found a shop in SLS selling that (#03-65) but not sure whom to trust

oldman1881

Reaction score
Dont recommend getting ubox for now because their servers are way too congested, causing their livetv app channels to take forever to load. After loading, it will randomly stutter or the channel will just stop entirely and you will need to reload or log in to the app again. Same goes to their vod app where the movies will rebuffer every 10-15 seconds. Can go check out their official fb page which is filled with nothing but complains. Anyway, unblock claims they will be adding new servers by the end of this month, which "should" solve the lag problems but we shall see then. For now, no point buying and adding on to the congestion.

just got yesterday!!! so far OK for me these two days.

oldman1881

Reaction score
where to get 4K contents? trying Netflix now, they have some 4K contents but most of them are their own contents, no big movies.
anyone can advise?

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw Aljunied road side stall selling S$99 for this UnBlock 3rd generation streaming box....

mojoe

Reaction score
Just saw Aljunied road side stall selling S$99 for this UnBlock 3rd generation streaming box....

Legit? That's cheap... cheapest I saw so far is in Lazda.. around $120 to $135, but seems like they are unauthorized seller.

Has anyone compared this with Nvidia Shield TV? I have the Viewqwest 4k TV and the interface is very slow.

Last edited:

liverpoolz

Master Member
Reaction score
Legit? That's cheap... cheapest I saw so far is in Lazda.. around $120 to $135, but seems like they are unauthorized seller.

Has anyone compared this with Nvidia Shield TV? I have the Viewqwest 4k TV and the interface is very slow.

Nvidia shield specs is one of the best.
But no live subscription that comes with it. You may have to subscribe or install other apps yourself. If you are sophisticated user, I think that will be a better choice.

oldman1881

Reaction score
The app assigned to Popular and favorite sections can not be changed ?
Can anyone advise? Thanks.

BTW found one 4k section from letv,Are these real 4k contents ?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No basis at all for comparison. Essentially ubox you are paying 1 time lifetime subscription fee for their live tv and vod apps bundled onto a tv box. Hardware specs and multimedia playback capability for the box itself are mediocre. On the other hand, Nvidia shield tv box is one of the best in the market in terms of sepcs and media playback but its more for advanced users who know how to go about getting the most out of the box.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The app assigned to Popular and favorite sections can not be changed ?
Can anyone advise? Thanks.

BTW found one 4k section from letv,Are these real 4k contents ?

Popular section are apps recommended from unblock to install. Those cant be changed. Favorite section can be deleted and changed to your choosing but dont think it can be done on the default unblock remote. You need an airmouse or normal mouse with left-right click buttons. Scroll to whichever icon you want to change, right click it and a pop-up will appear saying do you want to delete. Click yes and the icon slot will be empty now. Click on the empty slot and a drop down list of available app icons will appear. Select whatever and it will be assigned to the slot now.

Define "real" 4k? Nobody in their right mind will stream unaltered uncompressed 4k movies over the net as the file size is just way too big. A bluray uhd movie disc contains at the very least 20-30 gb of data. Even then, if you want to get technical, alot of those bluray uhd movies are shot in 2k then upscaled to 4k, barring exceptions like "the revenant" which was shot in 6k then down-sampled to 4k. Whatever 4k movies or drama you see being streamed on netflix, kodi or other apps are mostly upscaled or compressed media. Are these "real" 4k as you said? Not technically. As for me, i watch 10-bit hevc 1080p movies on my 4k tv and they look good enough for me.
If you want "real" 4k content then go get a 4k bluray player and uhd bluray movie discs.

liverpoolz

Master Member
Reaction score
My unblock box keep buffering especially the vod.
Will stop halfway when watching...
Argh...
anyone also faces this problem?

in1996

Reaction score
Ask you all ah, where do you all get your Unblock TV? I can find many sellers online and found a shop in SLS selling that (#03-65) but not sure whom to trust
So far i have bought quite a few unit from that shop since rk3066 Tv dongle era. So far satisfied with their service. They can give you advise and tips on the products. At once, i passed my ubox to one of my relatives and she did not how to use it, i was too busy that time, so i asked her to go there for a "training" LoL
So far i am happpy with although sometimes like mrt got service disruptions. LoL
Anyway, i am currently using another box call evpad. It is also came with 1k plus channels, vod and special version kodi by default. The Hk, Tw, korea, Japan and m'sia are having better quality vs ublock m'sia channels are not in full screen. Last, beware of those well renovated prc shop with many big screen on display if you wanted to buy in sim lim

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far i have bought quite a few unit from that shop since rk3066 Tv dongle era. So far satisfied with their service. They can give you advise and tips on the products. At once, i passed my ubox to one of my relatives and she did not how to use it, i was too busy that time, so i asked her to go there for a "training" LoL
So far i am happpy with although sometimes like mrt got service disruptions. LoL
Anyway, i am currently using another box call evpad. It is also came with 1k plus channels, vod and special version kodi by default. The Hk, Tw, korea, Japan and m'sia are having better quality vs ublock m'sia channels are not in full screen. Last, beware of those well renovated prc shop with many big screen on display if you wanted to buy in sim lim

Thanks for your info! Do they sell the evpad you mentioned too?

in1996

Reaction score
Thanks for your info! Do they sell the evpad you mentioned too?
During my last visit about 3weeks ago was told that got no stock and should be replenished in 2 weeks time. I think by now they should have the stock. But my friend not willing to wait, end up bought an ubox.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
During my last visit about 3weeks ago was told that got no stock and should be replenished in 2 weeks time. I think by now they should have the stock. But my friend not willing to wait, end up bought an ubox.

They as in which shop? Are you referring to #03-65 also?

oldman1881

Reaction score
Popular section are apps recommended from unblock to install. Those cant be changed. Favorite section can be deleted and changed to your choosing but dont think it can be done on the default unblock remote. You need an airmouse or normal mouse with left-right click buttons. Scroll to whichever icon you want to change, right click it and a pop-up will appear saying do you want to delete. Click yes and the icon slot will be empty now. Click on the empty slot and a drop down list of available app icons will appear. Select whatever and it will be assigned to the slot now.

Define "real" 4k? Nobody in their right mind will stream unaltered uncompressed 4k movies over the net as the file size is just way too big. A bluray uhd movie disc contains at the very least 20-30 gb of data. Even then, if you want to get technical, alot of those bluray uhd movies are shot in 2k then upscaled to 4k, barring exceptions like "the revenant" which was shot in 6k then down-sampled to 4k. Whatever 4k movies or drama you see being streamed on netflix, kodi or other apps are mostly upscaled or compressed media. Are these "real" 4k as you said? Not technically. As for me, i watch 10-bit hevc 1080p movies on my 4k tv and they look good enough for me.
If you want "real" 4k content then go get a 4k bluray player and uhd bluray movie discs.

hehe, your method is not working, move to the icon and press MENU, a popup box is appeared to let you delete the icon.

BTW, face two tricky issues today, the system was reset two times to shipping condition, first time, the system was auto reset when I was using mouse to remove the icon, the system was also reset when I was watching a 4K movie from LeTV, do your guys encountered this kind issue before?

how do your guys set HDMI output ? 1080P or 4K for a 4K TV?

oldman1881

Reaction score
Ya..the same shop. the unit number is easy to remember as like 365 days

How much do they sell for EVPAD?
For the live channel, does EVPAD provide program list? one big drawback from UBOX is no program list like Starhub.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hehe, your method is not working, move to the icon and press MENU, a popup box is appeared to let you delete the icon.

BTW, face two tricky issues today, the system was reset two times to shipping condition, first time, the system was auto reset when I was using mouse to remove the icon, the system was also reset when I was watching a 4K movie from LeTV, do your guys encountered this kind issue before?

how do your guys set HDMI output ? 1080P or 4K for a 4K TV?

What do you mean by "reset"? If its app auto restart or the box reboot by itself, then yes it happens once in a while. But if you mean the box just factory resets by itself then that should not be happening at all. You really need to be more precise with what you are saying because "reset" can mean a whole bunch of things. Also, why is there a need for everything to be in 4k 4k 4k? Setting hdmi output to 4k only changes the interface resolution to 2160p and this has no bearings for pretty much everything else. Besides, this box only supports max 2160p@30hz, and with such a low end processor, it will only cause unnecessary lag. 1080p@60hz is the optimal resolution output even for 4k tv.

Last edited:

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya..the same shop. the unit number is easy to remember as like 365 days

Ah I see, thanks, I didn't know they got sell other boxes too

Bought the UBTV 3 Pro Bluetooth Edition with Kodi in ITShow at Hall 603 somewhere in the middle booth 6305. Cost $159 with additional free apps. The shop is not from SLS.

Thanks! I will check that out

Edit: Seems to me that these links are relevant to the booth owners
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SGPHONE-U...REAMING-1000-INTERNATIONAL-CHANNELS/427888578
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/itshow/view_brochure/13256/
http://sgphone.sg/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.