Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman1881

Reaction score
What do you mean by "reset"? If its app auto restart or the box reboot by itself, then yes it happens once in a while. But if you mean the box just factory resets by itself then that should not be happening at all. You really need to be more precise with what you are saying because "reset" can mean a whole bunch of things. Also, why is there a need for everything to be in 4k 4k 4k? Setting hdmi output to 4k only changes the interface resolution to 2160p and this has no bearings for pretty much everything else. Besides, this box only supports max 2160p@30hz, and with such a low end processor, it will only cause unnecessary lag. 1080p@60hz is the optimal resolution output even for 4k tv.

two times reset to factory default yesterday, everything is gone!!!
I will monitor very closely to see how.

oldman1881

Reaction score

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
two times reset to factory default yesterday, everything is gone!!!
I will monitor very closely to see how.

Hard to exactly pinpoint the issue. Might be firmware or hardware related. Wait for a couple of days and see if the same problem still happens. If it does, try and go back to the shop and get an exchange. If the shop dont exchange for you, contact unblock directly on their website or facebook page and ask them for help. Most probably they will send you a firmware file for you to reflash the firmware for the box.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Hard to exactly pinpoint the issue. Might be firmware or hardware related. Wait for a couple of days and see if the same problem still happens. If it does, try and go back to the shop and get an exchange. If the shop dont exchange for you, contact unblock directly on their website or facebook page and ask them for help. Most probably they will send you a firmware file for you to reflash the firmware for the box.

unblock tech told me it could be a firmware issue, they give me a firmware to upload.

edixian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
What is the function of bluetooth that comes with the box? Wondering is it necessary to get a bluetooth box.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like they have fixed the lag/rebuffer issue for their vod app. Tried this morning, while still have rebuffering once in a while, the loading of movies is a lot smoother than before. Anyone else can try and confirm this?

Hi,
What is the function of bluetooth that comes with the box? Wondering is it necessary to get a bluetooth box.

Its better to have a built-in BT module in the box than not having one, because there is no means to add BT functionality externally should you need it eventually. BT dongles do not work plug-and-play on android devices. As to why you need BT, mainly for connecting things like remote, earphones, gamepad, mic for singing karaoke etc.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Seems like they have fixed the lag/rebuffer issue for their vod app. Tried this morning, while still have rebuffering once in a while, the loading of movies is a lot smoother than before. Anyone else can try and confirm this?
tried VOD these few days, and so far OK.
But live channel side, discovery is a big problem, it is a discovery asia not discovery, miss my Gold Rush, and BBC earth is also wrong, become a BBC for kids, complain to their facebook already, the problem is still not solved.
How do you guys get TV guide? I am using Starhub now.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Download a 4k TV testing chart and load to ubox3,it is very blur even worst than my 2 years old m11, use antutu to check, what happen, only 1280*720. Use same antutu check m11, shows 1920*1080 clearly. I got a fake ubox?

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So unlock s900 pro are all non rooted, geektv on the other hand is rooted and i heard rooted tvbox are more vulneable to 3rd party apk that can harm a rooted tvbox.
Any recommended app for unblock gen3 and the app normally get from what source more secured. Currently getting app from sofa and appmarket.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Any body here is using Netflix? Do u play through ubox? I cannot play it even in HD quality, how about your guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.