Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feel like buying ubox cause of test apk but like can no longer find it online.

can anyone have it share it with me? :s34:

and is it still worth to buy? it is on q10 for 119 today.

Say for 152344123807898th time. Proprietary app only works on respective box, including this "test apk". Any fyi, all the live adult channels are currently down in the livetv app. If that is your main aim for getting the ubox then no point getting it now.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am also thinking of buying one. There is 1 in qoo10 selling at 119 review look good too
Dk if should buy or not.
My mio tv contract ended so looking for cheaper alternative for it

If you can accept poor picture and sound quality for the livetv channels and that some channels dont work or gets removed from time to time, then its an ok buy. Alternatively, can take a look at small seven box on qoo10. Same kind of box as unblock but costs $30-40 cheaper. Key thing here is to manage your expectations because you will not get the same kind of quality and stability as compared to mio or starhub tv.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
For those who faced memory full problem, you may want to delete the ".txt log files" in the internal storage ( use a file explorer to do so ). There are thousands of such un-needed files built up over time. These files are named "aw_xxx_system_boot_xxxxxxx.log" or "aw_xxx_kernel_boot_xxxxxx.log" ( where xxx are some random numbers ). I do this housekeeping periodically ( like once every few months ) and I will usually be able to reclaim 1G ~ 2G of space after deleted >1000 such log files in the internal memory.

peterblack

Reaction score
Any bros here unable to watch singapore channels...? Asked the vendor but just the standard answers... server maintenance.....And many months already

lamfw55

Reaction score
UBOX UVOD - How to Perform SEARCH Function and what is COLLECT Function

Hi, I just bought UBOX set and exploring the UVOD application.
Once I selected the Movie of my choice, there will be a screen displaying the Title and Description of the Movie. It then has three options for user to choose: (1) PLAY; (2) COLLECT; (3) SEARCH. Does anyone know what is the COLLECT option means? Also the SEARCH function of movie titles only allow English Characters to be typed in. UVOD consists of mainly Chinese Movies.
How does one search titles of Chinese Movies?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bros here unable to watch singapore channels...? Asked the vendor but just the standard answers... server maintenance.....And many months already

Channels down means down lor. Users are at the mercy of unblock and its pointless chasing them for answers. I have mentioned this multiple times already. Want good quality channels and stability should just stick to paid-cable tv service providers.

Hi, I just bought UBOX set and exploring the UVOD application.
Once I selected the Movie of my choice, there will be a screen displaying the Title and Description of the Movie. It then has three options for user to choose: (1) PLAY; (2) COLLECT; (3) SEARCH. Does anyone know what is the COLLECT option means? Also the SEARCH function of movie titles only allow English Characters to be typed in. UVOD consists of mainly Chinese Movies.
How does one search titles of Chinese Movies?

Collect is to bookmark that particular movie or drama series so you can come back to it next time without need for searching. The bookmark will appear in your personal settings tab. To search in chinese, there are 2 ways.
1. Search using the 1st english alphabet of the chinese title in hanyu pinyin. For e.g. to search "功夫", you type in GF.

2. Download and install a chinese keyboard from google playstore like google pinyin which lets you type in chinese characters. Must remember to set this as default keyboard first.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
I have wanted to install Kodi into UB but cannot find the app from Google Playstore from UB. I can find the app from my mobile phone and tablet. Anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks!

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have wanted to install Kodi into UB but cannot find the app from Google Playstore from UB. I can find the app from my mobile phone and tablet. Anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks!

ub market has kodi...........otherwise download from desktop and sideload.

Last edited:

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Kodi

Hmm...I am still having problem le!

From UB Market, Kodi won't install. When I click on the icon which has a "new" attached to the top right corner. There is a percentage progress running. But after that, nothing happen anymore. The "new" does not change to "installed".

From my USB sideload, it keeps saying 'there is a problem parse the app'.

Play store can't find Kodi from XBMC!

Appreciate any help!!

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I am still having problem le!

From UB Market, Kodi won't install. When I click on the icon which has a "new" attached to the top right corner. There is a percentage progress running. But after that, nothing happen anymore. The "new" does not change to "installed".

From my USB sideload, it keeps saying 'there is a problem parse the app'.

Play store can't find Kodi from XBMC!

Appreciate any help!!

The latest kodi 17 requires at least android 5.0 and up. If you are on the older generation of ubox still running on android 4.4, kodi 17 can not be installed. You have to stay on kodi 16 or alternatively, sideload kodi forks which work on lower versions of android. Check out this post http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/108191497-post154.html.

oldman1881

Reaction score
For those who faced memory full problem, you may want to delete the ".txt log files" in the internal storage ( use a file explorer to do so ). There are thousands of such un-needed files built up over time. These files are named "aw_xxx_system_boot_xxxxxxx.log" or "aw_xxx_kernel_boot_xxxxxx.log" ( where xxx are some random numbers ). I do this housekeeping periodically ( like once every few months ) and I will usually be able to reclaim 1G ~ 2G of space after deleted >1000 such log files in the internal memory.

Can we see these log files from ES file explore?
I encountered few times memory issues, available storage is less than 10.4 - memory usage from Setup.

260Wolskel

Reaction score

BambooBoi

Reaction score
Anyone know how to edit the favourite, i accidentally added an app there which i should not have done.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
BOSS TV Smart Player

Anyone heard about this?

They seem to be a new TV Box launched in HKG only few months back. I heard very popular in HKG now. They claimed to have their own servers in four locations.

Click HERE.

Their Facebook HERE

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard about this?

They seem to be a new TV Box launched in HKG only few months back. I heard very popular in HKG now. They claimed to have their own servers in four locations.

Click HERE.

Their Facebook HERE

If you go tw or hk, you can find plenty of these similar type of 1 payment-lifetime use iptv boxes. Everybody and their mother claim they running their own servers but none of them can guarantee you smooth and stable usage. Unblock is the perfect example. This Boss tv has been around for 6 mths or so and its not cheap lor. Even if you buy direct from HK the box also costs around sgd$200. Dont see any point in owning more than 1 of these boxes because the channel list for livetv apps are more or less the same across all brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.