Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

260Wolskel

Reaction score
I was one of the first few fellows to use UB and highly advertised this back then. I bought my box from UB directly in China, sent to SG.
One day the Bing browser thing suddenly appeared and i contacted the seller.

The seller told me that the only solution is to send it back to them in China and they send back. Of course, where got worth it and it's not even my fault. I wonder for those who bought from SG, the local vendors in Singapore can really solve or not.

Anyway I been using the gen 2 UB box to run Deke ever since.
Deke's resolution is definitely better cause it's using Maige's architecture of using CDN.

I went to UB's website and they also claim that they are using CDN now.
I wonder is their resolution as good as Deke/Maige.

People with the UB box can go for the Deke app ask for trial and compare.

I have experienced the same problem, UB became "Bing". I bought my box from a local reseller who claim to be authorised local reseller and will provide one-to-one on site exchange. But that is not true. When the problem surfaced, he run away fast fast. He claims that UB said my box leaks their program source and thus ban my MAC and warranty void.

euro_R

Reaction score
Just bought the set and tried it out, using wifi connection. Have one irratating problem which i do not have with my existing minix. The unlobck set has lip sync issues on all the apps, including livetv. The audio lags a second after the lips move.

Btw, the unblock box is connected to a sounbblaster roar via bluetooth for audio duties as I'm using a monitor with no speakers (via hdmi)

Does anyone have any solution to this? Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Titman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought the set and tried it out, using wifi connection. Have one irratating problem which i do not have with my existing minix. The unlobck set has lip sync issues on all the apps, including livetv. The audio lags a second after the lips move.

Btw, the unblock box is connected to a sounbblaster roar via bluetooth for audio duties as I'm using a monitor with no speakers (via hdmi)

Does anyone have any solution to this? Thanks a bunch!

tried connecting to direct Lan cable? Mine is solved like that :s13::s13:

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Just bought one ubox bt ver for my parent.
May i check,
1) UBTV - got all sorts of channel all over the world, sufficient for elder people that only like hk and korean drama/movies?

2) The box came with many preinstall apps, but i never see popvod there, where to find the app to download ah?

3) If live TV is = using UBTV, for movies leh? Got any app that have all region movies de?

4) BPL, which app will show the live one ah?

Newbie here on tv box. Need some help here as i read no road for some replies here hence asking the "same" qns in my version :)

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought one ubox bt ver for my parent.
May i check,
1) UBTV - got all sorts of channel all over the world, sufficient for elder people that only like hk and korean drama/movies?

2) The box came with many preinstall apps, but i never see popvod there, where to find the app to download ah?

3) If live TV is = using UBTV, for movies leh? Got any app that have all region movies de?

4) BPL, which app will show the live one ah?

Newbie here on tv box. Need some help here as i read no road for some replies here hence asking the "same" qns in my version :)
Suggest that you download kodi then get some addons.

Don't know which add on now works though.
Used to be Drama24h,icdrama, az drama

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Suggest that you download kodi then get some addons.

Don't know which add on now works though.
Used to be Drama24h,icdrama, az drama

I think i have kodi installed. But where to find these add-ons? Or where to find these apks? Do they have some sort of appstore, or all come separately?

Keep seeing kodi this word appear in most android box forum, may i check if kodi > everything else apks?

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score

Hi there, thanks for the fb link.

Went in that page to see see, there is so many apps to chose from. My parents dont need that much, just one from each "region" to watch any latest show will do. Say for US drama/movie, korean drama/movie and hk drama, any "best" app" to use?

PS: is air mouse needed as some apps a bit hard to navigate using the stock remote.

stl_67

Reaction score
Need help, my 2 weeks old box has no video output display.change the HDMI cables also no use and same for the VGA cable. I bought the set from qoo10. Any local shop I can send for repair?

yh_lee

Reaction score
This one has no digital tv receiption (DVB-T2) functionality right ?

Analog signal will be switched off this year end, after that can I use ubox to watch SG free channels like Channel 8, 5, U, without installing a digital tv box and antenna?

If lets say unblock company is closed down one day, I still can use the box like an android to surf net (browser/chrome app) and install new apps correct?

Is any signal/tracker sent back to unblock company, if lets say you access internet banking/email using app or browser inside unblock, will unblock know what you doing, will they know what password you type?

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
No but the live tv app has mediacorp channels.

After the singapore analog signal is switched off this Dec, after that is it possible to watch medicorp channels in the live tv app of ubox, using a tv that does not have/connect digital tv box?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think i have kodi installed. But where to find these add-ons? Or where to find these apks? Do they have some sort of appstore, or all come separately?

Keep seeing kodi this word appear in most android box forum, may i check if kodi > everything else apks?
I went to reinstall my kodi recently.
For HK/TW/JP/KR drama, get ICdrama. The current latest version is 1.3.

You will need to download aznhusband repo and url resolver.

Follow instructions here
https://aznhusband.github.io/

If you want the chinese characters to come out.

###########################################

For English drama and movies.
Get flixnet, genesis reborn and showbiz.

Follow instructions here
https://www.jesusboxmedia.tv/genesisrebornaddon

:o

yh_lee

Reaction score
ubox don't have that functionality to receive digital signal... its just that you can download apps like toggle to watch Singapore channels thru' the internet ..

After the singapore analog signal is switched off this Dec, after that is it possible to watch medicorp channels in the live tv app of ubox, using a tv that does not have/connect digital tv box?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.