Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantss

Reaction score
My live channels keep freezing up (buffering in background).
Anyone has any fix for that? I even tried changing output resolution but no effect at all.

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi pls advise too m1 user

My gen 3 using lan
Go to network setting. Just change dns as advised

My gen 4 using wifi
Nothing I do works. Somehow the dns settings won't be saved. It always go back to default dynamic up settings

Forget it. I never use it to watch live TV before

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My gen 3 using lan

My gen 4 using wifi
Nothing I do works. Somehow the dns settings won't be saved. It always go back to default dynamic up settings

You do not need UBTV either, just use other apps. Ubox Gen3 and Gen 4 are not a good box in terms of HW specifications because of the 1GB RAM but still usable for live TV or VOD. Not need to rely on UBTV.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My gen 3 using lan

My gen 4 using wifi

for ub on wifi, it is a bit tricky to set dns. (firmware bug??)

ways to go around the problem.

1. go to system setting page and turn off lan (must turn off although you are not using it), then go to ub's app market to install ubox's dns changer (name varies - look for words such as dns, singapore, australia..). run the app after installation a few times until you see the popup message mentioning dns change.

or go by the manual way.

2. edit the wifi dns as per other android box. However, you have to take note of the ip no before you set to static ip. (***another firmware bug***), you have to disable lan too. for other boxes, you just need to enter new dns and click save. However, for ubox, you have to enter the ip address, followed by new dns, make sure that all entries changed to black (i.e no field is gray), then click save.

you can use 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 as new dns.

in summary - beside crappy hardware, ubox has crappy app/firmware too.

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You do not need UBTV either, just use other apps. Ubox Gen3 and Gen 4 are not a good box in terms of HW specifications because of the 1GB RAM but still usable for live TV or VOD. Not need to rely on UBTV.

I like fuss free. It serves me what I need
1. Movies to watch during free time
2. Serials to watch during free time
Hence, I'm still OK with it.
My parents want to watch China, Taiwan and Hk channels. This box suffice in terms of simplicity
Imho

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for ub on wifi, it is a bit tricky to set dns. (firmware bug??)

ways to go around the problem.

1. go to system setting page and turn off lan (must turn off although you are not using it), then go to ub's app market to install ubox's dns changer (name varies - look for words such as dns, singapore, australia..). run the app after installation a few times until you see the popup message mentioning dns change.

or go by the manual way.

2. edit the wifi dns as per other android box. However, you have to take note of the ip no before you set to static ip. (***another firmware bug***), you have to disable lan too. for other boxes, you just need to enter new dns and click save. However, for ubox, you have to enter the ip address, followed by new dns, make sure that all entries changed to black (i.e no field is gray), then click save.

you can use 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 as new dns.

in summary - beside crappy hardware, ubox has crappy app/firmware too.

Thank you but sounds too troublesome. As long as my parents can watch their greater China channels. It's good enough

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like fuss free. It serves me what I need
1. Movies to watch during free time
2. Serials to watch during free time
Hence, I'm still OK with it.
My parents want to watch China, Taiwan and Hk channels. This box suffice in terms of simplicity
Imho

Yes if you already have Ubox, try to use to the Max.

But I mean you do not need to rely on UBTV to achieve what you want even if UBTV is gone or Unblock Tech goes bust. It is still a generic Android TV box and you can install other apps.

But for your next box, you may not want to buy UBox at S$100-150 (from this thread, many boxes become not working after 2year or so), an S$50 Box like Tanix TX3 Max can do what you want as well and has 2GB RAM and 16GB storage. Or better brand like S$80-90 Mi Box Global with official Android TV.

Last edited:

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes if you already have Ubox, try to use to the Max.

But I mean you do not need to rely on UBTV to achieve what you want even if UBTV is gone or Unblock Tech goes bust. It is still a generic Android TV box and you can install other apps.

But for your next box, you may not want to buy UBox at S$100-150, an S$50 Box like Tanix TX3 Max can do what you want as well and has 2GB RAM and 16GB storage. Or better a S$80-90 Mi Box Global with official Android TV.

Ooo... Thanks for the advice. Any issues installing apps?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ooo... Thanks for the advice. Any issues installing apps?

I do not have Tanix TX3 Max myself but I have 4 generic Android TV boxes my self in different price range. I do not have problems with apps installation even for my cheapest and lousy Rockchip RK3329 based S$30 Box (2GB/16GB).

I have better performance for my S$40 Amlogic S905W based X96 Mini (2GB/16GB) but it is better to pay a bit more for Tanix TX3 Max (2GB/16GB) with better heat dissipation and Bluetooth.

Then I have two better boxes at S$70-80. 3GB/32GB Amlogic S912 Box and 4GB/64GB RK3328 Boxes.

For advice on Apps, head to the Facebook group “New TV Box SG”.

sean29

Reaction score
Running out of internal space suddenly. Delete apps, clear cache same problem. Whats eating up the space suddenly?

Yinsan

Reaction score
Hi. My unblock box keep loading at the start up page. We tried pressing the reset also no use. All no response. Keep loading for few days. Any help?

y2suc

Reaction score
hi guys, so if not UBTV, then which is a good alternative box to buy to self install apps? Saw a brochure on Neo U9H for Sitex. Is that good?

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know how to do factory reset and flash firmware?

I tried pressing the reset button in the box but no response. It jus keep loading in the start up.

pull out the power plug, press and hold reset button,then plug in power. release when recovery menu appear

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, so if not UBTV, then which is a good alternative box to buy to self install apps? Saw a brochure on Neo U9H for Sitex. Is that good?

That is supposed to be a pretty good box but maybe a bit pricey with the price of around S$180-200 based on Lazada. How much do they sell? Does the seller mark up the price by adding apps for you? Got local warranty?

If you are willing to pay that price for the Minix brand and continuous support (it is already 2 years+ old but still supported),
it should be okay.

Personally I will go for cheaper boxes like S$50 Tanix TX3 Max or S$90 Mi Box Global version first because they are already good enough to replace UnBlock UBox Pro or Evpad Plus.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yinsan

Reaction score
pull out the power plug, press and hold reset button,then plug in power. release when recovery menu appear

Hi. I tried but cannot work. If press the reset button on power, no power at all. Only when I release the reset button, off the power supply n on again then have power. But still stuck at the loading page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.