Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer198569

Reaction score
Hello all, I just bought a Unblock Tech Upro in Taipei today for 2900NT about 130SGD.

The lady told me inside there is a app that I should install first before using. It’s a screen icon on the desktop specifically for Singapore... something to say to unblock the firewall or prevent Singapore IP from getting block.

Did the local unblock tech box have this ?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just bought a Unblock Tech Upro in Taipei today for 2900NT about 130SGD.

The lady told me inside there is a app that I should install first before using. It’s a screen icon on the desktop specifically for Singapore... something to say to unblock the firewall or prevent Singapore IP from getting block.

Did the local unblock tech box have this ?

Yes. That app basically changes the DNS server in the box from what I read in Facebook “New TV Box SG”. You can go to that Facebook group for more helps.

Limitation of the app: for wifi only.

There are alternative DNS changer apps or you can just change the router DNS since some users are having problems with the app.

Last edited:

Summer198569

Reaction score
Yes. That app basically changes the DNS server in the box from what I read in Facebook “New TV Box SG”. You can go to that Facebook group for more helps.

Limitation of the app: for wifi only.

There are alternative DNS changer apps or you can just change the router DNS since some users are having problems with the app.

I see. I was off the TV box for a Long time..today while shopping in Taipei came across the box which I think the price is reasonable. When I test the box, saw this weird apps and ask them what this for. They told me that “ you don’t know Singapore got ban meh”...
Hahahahaha

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seems changing the DNS on your router will cause your internet to be disconnection intermittently so don't bother.

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why change dns on the router? it is not necessary.

I tried changing it on the box itself it does not work. I have issues like invalid IP etc.

What i did was to go to settings, wifi, static ip and key in my ip add and gateway, Dns 1 and 2 i input in 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 but it does not work.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All along all these tv boxes are like a hydra.
You cut off one head, 3 grow back.

Lucky I'm using another service.
These types of things, cannot do marketing or branding de. :o

it_geek

Master Member
Reaction score
anybody has been using Unblock TV to watch japanese TV channels? I head about the banning saga and I would to know what's the best solution now to watch Japanese TV.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody has been using Unblock TV to watch japanese TV channels? I head about the banning saga and I would to know what's the best solution now to watch Japanese TV.

you can use ubox to watch japanense channels but it is not necessary because you can view it from several apps.

what you need is a cheap $30-$40 box and the right app.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My father wants to get a box to watch shows, mainly those TW, hokkien kind of shows.
What kind of app would be more for this type of show?

And as I read through the different thread, and over many pages. It would seem like unblock tech isn't really worth it anymore?

Would it be better for me to get mi box s then load those app myself?

Probably should be as fuss free as possible, I don't stay with my dad, so any issue, most of the time have to head down to resolve although we don't stay that far away. so probably something he can easily use.

recommendation?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My father wants to get a box to watch shows, mainly those TW, hokkien kind of shows.
What kind of app would be more for this type of show?

And as I read through the different thread, and over many pages. It would seem like unblock tech isn't really worth it anymore?

Would it be better for me to get mi box s then load those app myself?

Probably should be as fuss free as possible, I don't stay with my dad, so any issue, most of the time have to head down to resolve although we don't stay that far away. so probably something he can easily use.

recommendation?

Mi Box and Mi Box S should be okay.

For apps head down to Facebook group “New TV Box SG” for recommendations and judge by yourself if it is easy enough or not.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mi Box and Mi Box S should be okay.

For apps head down to Facebook group “New TV Box SG” for recommendations and judge by yourself if it is easy enough or not.

What u mean by easy or not? U mean side loading the app?

I last time got sideload for older Android box before so not an issue for me.

My concern more like easier for my dad. Maybe navigation wise, ui like that.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What u mean by easy or not? U mean side loading the app?

I last time got sideload for older Android box before so not an issue for me.

My concern more like easier for my dad. Maybe navigation wise, ui like that.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

For apps go to the Facebook group and ask, not an expert on apps.

NeoStream

Reaction score
Recently I can't login to web God as it says my password doesn't match. I change my password b4 n have been using frequently on iPad.

Anyone faces this issue n how do I go abt resetting my password ??

TIA

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently I can't login to web God as it says my password doesn't match. I change my password b4 n have been using frequently on iPad.

Anyone faces this issue n how do I go abt resetting my password ??

TIA

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

What is Web God? Anything to do with Unblock Ubox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.