Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone realised that the resolution on the UB VOD app is not sharp even if I select Blu Ray quality?
Compared to the EVPad, seems like EVPad is much sharper.

Not sure if its my HDMI cable. Am streaming it to a Sony 65" 4K TV.

Bundled VOD is not the reason to buy these boxes.

60-80% of the money you paid goes to the bundled Live TV.

For VOD, there are plenty of free apps available, many of these free apps have better quality compared to the bundled vod apps from both evpad and ub.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For VOD, there are plenty of free apps available, many of these free apps have better quality compared to the bundled vod apps from both evpad and ub.
Able to give some recommendation?
If uncomfortable to share here, can PM me.

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

UB have a good selection of live TV channels.
that is the only reason for buying.

stetan

Reaction score
i just bought a Ubox 8. I am able to download and install UBTV but cannot download UBLIVE, UBVOD, Appmarket It says download error.

any bro knows what should i do to rectify?

juliangoh

Reaction score
Hi , recently just bought unblock 8 , found the dialogue and background volume are unmatched , background always louder . Ublive is okay .

do I have to do some setting ?

Aizen84

Reaction score
my 3 years old ubox died yesterday, cannot boot up as there is no light at all

is it worth to go services center to repair or just paid $268 for the latest Ubox 8 🤔🤔🤔

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 3 years old ubox died yesterday, cannot boot up as there is no light at all

is it worth to go services center to repair or just paid $268 for the latest Ubox 8 🤔🤔🤔
one possible cause is the power adaptor failure.

use a multi-meter to check your power supply output to see whether 5v is present.

Aizen84

Reaction score
Thanks Gregory, think you save $268 for me. the default adaptor died as it is super hot.

Hope this explains why the Ubox keep shutdown or Reboot itself the last few weeks.

feeren

Reaction score
Hello Sifus,

My Ubox Pro2 (2018) keeps freezing randomly everytime. Already reflashed several times but still same issue. Any tips to solve? Tyvm in advance.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Sifus,

My Ubox Pro2 (2018) keeps freezing randomly everytime. Already reflashed several times but still same issue. Any tips to solve? Tyvm in advance.
Sounds like overheating problem.

you can try to verify by opening the case, use a fan to blow the heat sink, to see whether it can solve the problem temporary.

if yes, then you can go for permanent solutions.

feeren

Reaction score
Sounds like overheating problem.

you can try to verify by opening the case, use a fan to blow the heat sink, to see whether it can solve the problem temporary.

if yes, then you can go for permanent solutions.
Thank you very much greg!! appreciate it! =D

ablue15

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm gona unsubscribe my Mio TV soon.
Any solutions for stable EPL broadcasting with or without subscription.

cran87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it true that those on Singtel router can't use UBox, since can't change router dns?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it true that those on Singtel router can't use UBox, since can't change router dns?
NOT TRUE.

Don't need to change DNS for UBOX.

IF you want to change DNS, you can do it on TV Box, don't have to change on the router.

ixora2007

Reaction score
Ublive takes very long to load from the blue screen, sometimes can't even load. Even after loading, some channel will hang and need to switch channel. Anyone knows what can be the issue? Mostly watching tw channel

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ublive takes very long to load from the blue screen, sometimes can't even load. Even after loading, some channel will hang and need to switch channel. Anyone knows what can be the issue? Mostly watching tw channel
what is the version no of your ublive?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using ubox3, no problem running ublive v2.3.2. In fact all channels are very smooth.

I am using Starhub BB.

If you are not on starhub, you ublive might be blocked by your ISP.

Try setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to see whether can solve the problem.

mydelta

Reaction score
hi bros/sis,

i'm new to this arena of tv box. why my interest is coming from stxxxxb's recent change of plans, this is for myself and my parents.

there are a few boxes I've shortlisted :
1. ifibre cloud
2. unblock
3. evpad
4. svi

I've made a trip to sim lim yesterday, and realized even more confused as there are so many models even under evpad and svi itself.

thus trying to get some help or advise from you guys, which model is recommended.
thanks.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my recommendation is mibox s.

but if you don't want to install app yourself, then boxes from unblock tech is the way to go. Don't pay extra for lastest model. If you can find gen 4, go for it.

many other brands are not too reliable, instead of spending money/effort to improve the product, they spend money on advertising and getting many agents to boost on internet forum / facebook group . so quite likely you will get distorted information if you surf forum/discussion group/fb group.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.