Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2K as in channels with 2048P resolution. The HD channels are in 1080P resolution.
don't B u ll S h i t .

for live TV, 2K is just another term for 1080p, or full HD video.

This is from wikipedia
"2K resolution is a generic term for display devices or content having horizontal resolution of approximately 2,000 pixels.[1] In the movie projection industry, Digital Cinema Initiatives is the dominant standard for 2K output and defines 2K resolution as 2048 × 1080.[2][3] In television and consumer media, 1920 × 1080 is the most common 2K resolution, but this is normally referred to as 1080p."

Aizen84

Reaction score
The authorities store for ubox still around? The last time I buy is at Sim Lim Tower

How much is ubox9 now?

Recently my ubox keep buffing n hang. Factory reset still same.
Maybe it's time to change

chiaps

Reaction score
The authorities store for ubox still around? The last time I buy is at Sim Lim Tower

How much is ubox9 now?

Recently my ubox keep buffing n hang. Factory reset still same.
Maybe it's time to change
The UBox 9 available locally currently is the international version. The lowest price on Lazada and Qoo10 is $288. But a local seller on Qoo10 is giving a $10 shop discount and this weekend, Qoo10 is giving a $30 discount for $200 or more purchases. So it is a good time to get a set from Qoo10 if you are really interested. Delivery is quite fast, about 2 days. ;)

Aizen84

Reaction score
The UBox 9 available locally currently is the international version. The lowest price on Lazada and Qoo10 is $288. But a local seller on Qoo10 is giving a $10 shop discount and this weekend, Qoo10 is giving a $30 discount for $200 or more purchases. So it is a good time to get a set from Qoo10 if you are really interested. Delivery is quite fast, about 2 days. ;)
Which seller in q10.

Is been donkey years since I use q10. Lol

Last edited:

Aizen84

Reaction score
Seller is 1STSHOP.
Remember to collect the $30 Weekend voucher and the shop's $10 voucher first before ordering and checking out. Selling lots of stuff
Selling lots of stuff. But no ubox Gen 9

Any trusted shop in Sim lim selling gen9 ?

Last edited:

chiaps

Reaction score
Selling lots of stuff. But no ubox Gen 9

Any trusted shop in Sim lim selling gen9 ?
Strange, I just bought a set from them which was delivered on Monday. So fast sold out already.
if you are going for a new set to replace your current UBox, I would recommend that you go for SVICloud 3Pro instead. Its VOD catalogue is much better than that of UBox and has 4K shows which even UBox 9 currently still don’t have. I have both as well as the EVPad 6P and the SVICloud 3Pro is the default set I always go to first. Get it on Qoo10 this weekend and you could still get $30 off the listed price of $228. ;)

hellhole

Reaction score
i also have a U8 not quite happy with it... esp the pass week....

maybe they doing something to the old boxes.. since they launch the new box!!! hahaha

左青龙右白虎

Reaction score
Do you have a good android tv box like min 2GB memory and storage space 16GB above? Instead buying SVI 小云,you may want consider buy subscription plan to test out.
Here is the link.
jqyO01C.jpeg

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

chiaps

Reaction score
i also have a U8 not quite happy with it... esp the pass week....

maybe they doing something to the old boxes.. since they launch the new box!!! hahaha
U8 and U9 have similar hardware specs but U9 seems to run faster than U8 in a side by side demo in one of the U9 reviews on Youtube.
U9 has UBLive HD while U8 is still on UBLive. UBVOD is the same on both U8 and U9 but a reviewer had said that Unblock Tech had told him that there would be major updates installed for U9 in the coming months. Hopefully it would be a new version of UBVOD which has 4K videos like in SVICloud 5th Gen and EVPad 5th and 6th Gen.

MaXifLeX

Reaction score
Those having issues with ublive buffering/black screen might want to try connecting through a vpn. I had issues with ublive buffering for a long time and recently totally cannot connect to server (black screen). I route it through vpn, and it’s working fine again. I guess some ISP are doing more than just regular DNS resolution blocking.

chiaps

Reaction score
Same here. If Sim Lim store selling Gen 9 will be good.
You can order from this local seller on Qoo10. Although they said it is shipped from China, I think they have local stock available as recent buyers had posted reviews that delivery was very fast. Also, the same store is selling the UBox 9 on Lazada and it is listed as local delivery. It is the same price on both Qoo10 and Lazada at $288 but Qoo10 has been issuing $30 weekend discount vouchers recently which can be used against the purchase price.;)
https://qoo.tn/Bd7soX/Q113138878

hellhole

Reaction score
Those having issues with ublive buffering/black screen might want to try connecting through a vpn. I had issues with ublive buffering for a long time and recently totally cannot connect to server (black screen). I route it through vpn, and it’s working fine again. I guess some ISP are doing more than just regular DNS resolution blocking.
got free ones?

grapewall

Reaction score
I'm using SVI cloud for the past year...was quite happy with the contents and streaming speed. But recently, quite a few channels keep looping and was frustrating to watch. Also, support was quite poor. Used to have 2 wechat support channels. Now only have 1 hk whatsapp number which doesn't solve problems at all. i said $53 for a year of subscription. Am looking for other iptv.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.