[Unofficial] Loh Kean Yew Badminton Fan Club 😍

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As part of the SBA team, is LKY allowed to do commercials ? Say if some company wants him to promote their product, is he allowed (assuming that it does not interfere wif his game, training etc)

With his boy next door good looks, very suitable leh.
we do not know the contract that he sign...
but usually as SBA player, he is basically being paid a salary by SBA and a employee of SBA...

so any sponsorship may potentially be SBA negotiating and the sponsor...
and if he is lucky, maybe lky will get a certain % of the sponsor money...

so the recent donation drive is very good for him as that amt most probably goes directly to him for him to decide what he want with the money... and SBA would most likely not getting a cut... but of course lky can always contribute some of that back to SBA...

but of course, if he went independent, everything will be very different...
like he will have to negotiate the contract with the sponsor himself, even getting lawyer himself to vet the contract document etc...

ferrero

Reaction score
SBA shd b finalising the new deal with Li Ning soon, the current one , S$5M over 4 yrs, ends on 31 March 22

tuxguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we do not know the contract that he sign...
but usually as SBA player, he is basically being paid a salary by SBA and a employee of SBA...

so any sponsorship may potentially be SBA negotiating and the sponsor...
and if he is lucky, maybe lky will get a certain % of the sponsor money...

so the recent donation drive is very good for him as that amt most probably goes directly to him for him to decide what he want with the money... and SBA would most likely not getting a cut... but of course lky can always contribute some of that back to SBA...

but of course, if he went independent, everything will be very different...
like he will have to negotiate the contract with the sponsor himself, even getting lawyer himself to vet the contract document etc...

You can be sure whatever endorsement contract he gets into SBA would get a cut. Hack, even Olympic gold 1mil SBA would also get a cut like in JS case for swimming

charsiewfan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can be sure whatever endorsement contract he gets into SBA would get a cut. Hack, even Olympic gold 1mil SBA would also get a cut like in JS case for swimming

I think the cut is 20%

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That 1 is already a known fact.. 20% goes back to association..

Ironside

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚hardcore fan. Can qualify as exco member liao.

is lky back in sg already? Since he’s wearing the seiko watch now?
His model may be the most ex one. Last time momota also endorse a watch brand and wore the watch when he play?

gracehsu

Reaction score
His model may be the most ex one. Last time momota also endorse a watch brand and wore the watch when he play?
Will wearing the watch affect his play?

I hope his model is the exp exp one.. saw a few less well know artistes oso sponsored to seiko.

His watch looks nice πŸ‘πŸ» Hope he receives some sponsorship fees in addition to the watch gift.

btw, ironside.. if you hv not gotten your haircut for cny, you can try his hairstylist πŸ˜… then can hao Lian your indocafe, seiko plus the haircut

Ironside

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will wearing the watch affect his play?

I hope his model is the exp exp one.. saw a few less well know artistes oso sponsored to seiko.

His watch looks nice πŸ‘πŸ» Hope he receives some sponsorship fees in addition to the watch gift.

btw, ironside.. if you hv not gotten your haircut for cny, you can try his hairstylist πŸ˜… then can hao Lian your indocafe, seiko plus the haircut
I always use indocafe, it is the best instant coffee and cheap also. His Seiko model confirm very high end model. If I have picture of his hairstyle I know how to cut myself.

eggie011

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
His ranking is now 12th. Sen is just below him at 13th.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.