US Fed Interest Rates likely to hit 3.4% in 2022. Song Bo. Singapore mortgage will be how much??

abbakonghee

Banned
Reaction score
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/interest-rate

The Federal Reserve increased the funds rate by 75bps to 1.5%-1.75% during its June 2022 meeting, instead of 50bps initially expected, after the inflation rate unexpectedly accelerated last month to 41-year highs. It is the biggest rate increase since 1994, and Chair Powell signaled a similar move could come at the next meeting but he does not expect 75bps moves to be common. Policymakers see interest rates increasing to 3.4% this year, well above 1.9% expected in March.

----

Bankers come in.. SG retail mortgage rates will be how much? Still need to factor in bank premiums.

interest-rate-cycle-1030x697.png

----

** (my 2 cents) **

Personally I don't think property prices will drop much, if at all, despite interest rates. This is because our govt's bto policy isn't changing, and hdb prices are rock solid at 2.6% interest rates and hence lower benching private properties...

But if u are buying for the rental yield now, now might not be the best time. Don't listen to those property agents..

My personal prediction is that property prices will continue to GROW, but at a much smaller pace compared to past 3 years. Just look at the number of China and other Asians queuing to come here.

I predict by end of year Singapore bank floating at 2.8%, fixed at 3.5%

Last edited:

randomph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who cares? Sinkies are rich, ain’t going to bother about interest rates rising and mortgage interest going up. Boh feel one

(Real talk - usually sgd gov yields are lower than the usd, but mortgage yields and bank FD rates are going to be likely higher than gov yield by a slight margin and then some)

abbakonghee

Banned
Reaction score
Who cares? Sinkies are rich, ain’t going to bother about interest rates rising and mortgage interest going up. Boh feel one

(Real talk - usually sgd gov yields are lower than the usd, but mortgage yields and bank FD rates are going to be likely higher than gov yield by a slight margin and then some)
Yes that's why I predict end year mortgage to be around 3.5% fixed, 2.75% floating.

Vincentlow82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually 3.4% is not enough , need at least 4% this year. Then follow by recession next year.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But 1 mil 2% only additional 16k? Marginal buyers that use money they don't have get to the top 20%°° Cham lor.

jericho75

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In case u have forgotten. 2019 when rates goes to 2.5 alot of ppl stopped buying and cov for resale scrapped.

abbakonghee

Banned
Reaction score
Those families that have 2x property loans, you better start worrying. Heng I'm in fixed until 2024 end year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.