US netflix with vpn

sacar101

Reaction score
If you have an Asus router, you can upgrade to Merlin firmware.

With Asus Merlin, you can setup openvpn for specific IP addresses or devices on your network (other devices will operate as per normal at regular speeds).

Some vpn services also allow you to install plugins in your Asus router. Very easy to turn on/off VPN for selected devices only

How do you do it?

Lucky123

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried with openvpn.Though can browse US netflix library, when trying to play a video, it detects system using unblocker or proxy.Can't work.

sajidali27

Reaction score
I am using PIA for Netflix nowadays coz I want to watch latest movies (which are only available on US region) and TV shows on Netflix as well. But, sadly this VPN does not support Netflix. I think I am going to use free VPN for Netflix. I think, Opera may be suitable VPN for using Netflix. Not sure about chrome extension since a lot of them got detected by netflix and they were all banned.

Last edited:

luckyb0y

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am facing issue with my netflix. Currently, I am only able to access US netflix using my mobile and laptop but not my TV. I setup vpn on my Asus router.

blazingfield

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone guide me how to use ivacy on my lg smart TV?

Because I read online my LG TV is using webos which is Linux based and not Android based

Last edited:

chk_1982

Reaction score
Bro, if i got to watch sport via espn. How to carry on? Subscribe to vpn then ok?

I have been down this road and would suggest skipping router configuration totally! There is an easier way out!

If your only care is to watch US Netflix on TV, I would suggest using Unlocator. They have a 7 days trial and no router configuration is required. I have been using over a year now and works like a charm for me with no issues watching US Netflix.

If you are planning to watch content such as ESPN, VUDU, NBCSPORTS, EPIX.. then you will need VPN services.

I have subscribed to numerous VPN services over the past and the lesson learnt is that there is no perfect solution. It's also a constant cat and mouse game between content and vpn providers. So what works now might not later and you will have to find another VPN provider.

Currently, I am using Unlocator and another VPN provider so I am covered in terms of most of the US content I want to watch.

Give Unlocator a try and let me know how it works for you and the bros here!

Cheers! ;)

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but please direct me if im posting in the wrong thread.

Recently i just bought a 4k tv, hence i wanted to subscribe to US netflix UHD, which means i needed a vpn. But then after much googling, notice that i need to set the vpn dns on my router, then only i can enjoy US netflix contents. But the downside is, my wifi speed will be terribly reduced. So hor, how ah? Can anyone advice mah? Want watch US content with VPN but dont want fibre speed to be affected.

Thanks thanks

Use Smart DNS and not VPn cos the former does not provide encrypted connections . Because the Smart DNS does not encrypt data, the connection between website and computer is much faster than the connection established through a VPN tunnel.

Downloader

Reaction score
Use Smart DNS and not VPn cos the former does not provide encrypted connections . Because the Smart DNS does not encrypt data, the connection between website and computer is much faster than the connection established through a VPN tunnel.

Which Smart DNS still works and can play cat and mouse game with Netflix cos it's been moons ago I read some of these services drop out?

Cookee

Master Member
Reaction score
Which Smart DNS still works and can play cat and mouse game with Netflix cos it's been moons ago I read some of these services drop out?

Some smart DNS still works for netflix US, and some have given up.

I signed up for a lifetime membership with simple telly in 2011, they gave up on netflix US after nf upgraded their servers. They were recently acquired by smart dns proxy i think, so now, netflix us is working again.

Go google for smart dns proxy and try them out for 14 days, do check your email during the trial, if you are lucky you might get a 79% discount for 2 yr subscription, the usual discount they give is 70%.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.