USA Stocks discussion - Part 3

angcheek

Reaction score
Jst saw this ...

Biden has told European allies that "Putin has made a decision to go to war". And said,The date of Russia's "invasion" of Ukraine is February 16th.

How true ... unknown 😄

stanlawj

Master Member
Reaction score
China PPI and CPI y/y report out today 9.30am, now is trending down. It affects US inflation data which should now start going down next month. These reports are lagging indicators.

Bull market in US stocks ahead?

Last edited:

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
If you have Tiger or Moomoo, you can check the % of short sellers, and some stocks have 20+% of shorts now, which is one of the highest in recent weeks.

This could mean if the stocks do not go on a 3rd leg down soon and inflation recedes because after the omicron wave, a lot of people will have immunity for 180 days, therefore less downtime at work, and supply issues will improve, we may see a short squeeze for stocks with earning surprises in coming days

AlyssaGoh

Reaction score
If you have Tiger or Moomoo, you can check the % of short sellers, and some stocks have 20+% of shorts now, which is one of the highest in recent weeks.

This could mean if the stocks do not go on a 3rd leg down soon and inflation recedes because after the omicron wave, a lot of people will have immunity for 180 days, therefore less downtime at work, and supply issues will improve, we may see a short squeeze for stocks with earning surprises in coming days
I think short sellers will need to cover back and the market will cheong. Just position Jets, Away and Pej etf if you are scare. When tourism resumes (which will eventually), the tourism stocks are gg to fly. The whole world is like release from 7th month. Don’t worry about the inflation too much. If you receive stimulus, who will want to work?

aiptasia

Master Member
Reaction score
Covered my ZIM short last night as the market rallied. Took a short for SNAP in pre-market today as it lost its 50 day moving average.

I reckon last night's rally to the Russian-Ukraine news was merely cover for institutions to further unload more shares to gullible retail investors who were buying them up. I expect more downside to occur not long from now.

aiptasia

Master Member
Reaction score
The auto stocks GM, F and LCID are all in bear flag shelf patterns. Any break below them decisively will trigger short entries. For TSLA, the key support is its 200 day moving average after it reversed from it two weeks ago. Will be watching it closely too.

Last edited:

stanlawj

Master Member
Reaction score
Gold and silver miners are changing to uptrend. I thought they would only rise when the rate hike officially on March 17th, but this time the speculators are pushing the price up 1 month in advance, so the price could actually fall during the rate hike in March.

Barrick (GOLD)
Newmont (NEM)
New Gold (NGD)
Silvercrest (SILV) - upcoming producer
GDXJ, GDX, SILJ for passive ETF lovers.

Never chase the price up like now (i'm selling into all the rallies, still too early to rally up when Fed hasn't actually done anything yet). It seems to go up whenever the stock index is down. Wait for the dip, usually occurs during futures/options last trading date at the end of each month (but not guaranteed to dip every time). (23 Feb options, 24 Feb futures - 5 trading days from now)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.