Using Philips Hue Light as main source of light?

lastguardian

Reaction score
Philips Hue LED Strip

Looking to install this as the edges of living room as the corner along the wall

About 7m X 3m space, parallel along both sides

They said about 1600lumen, enough to light up entire room brightly with 4-5m strips on each side?

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u run 5 m strips on each side should be plenty bright, not enough can add an extension , but if they are very hidden in coves the brightness will take a hit.

I have a 5m and a 4 m strip as motion sensor night light in living room.

SunitaRao

Reaction score
Honestly, it sound good enough. 1600lumen should be enough to light up all the way, maybe the ends of the room mightttt be alil dim.

Kevlam

Reaction score
Lucky found this topic as i've been wanting to "beautify" my new house with led lights! Any good brands to recommend? Preferbly able to control it remotely, if possible.

Strawberry^Cheesecake

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My house using all phillips hue.

Pros:
- Good quality
- Can be trusted
- The updated App allows you to do colour sync with music

Cons:
- Bloody expensive. Many options around which can be very very cheaper than Hues
- My Hue bar lights, strips, ceiling lights, playbars, the bowl one add up more than 1k I believe
- Alot of Hue products not in Singapore. CS from Phillips say no plans to bring to Singapore and never update
- App with Alexa sometimes have issues
- Some brands offer better lumens at half the price of Hue

Kevlam

Reaction score
Oh no... That means, if i do eventually intend to buy a overseas Philips HUE product, there might not be any support in Singapore...

m/mink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can always add wall, floor and table lamps if they are not bright enough.
I installed cove hue lighting in various ceilings around the house, but usually use warm yellow .. other colors makes it look weird like some ktv lounge...

lighter

qwertyotaku

Reaction score
You can always add wall, floor and table lamps if they are not bright enough.
I installed cove hue lighting in various ceilings around the house, but usually use warm yellow .. other colors makes it look weird like some ktv lounge...

lighter
is this the legendary bluewave room?

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lucky found this topic as i've been wanting to "beautify" my new house with led lights! Any good brands to recommend? Preferbly able to control it remotely, if possible.
If u are just looking to have smart lighting with normal color led lights (white or warm white), u can try Philips led tube lights with smart switches eg xiaomi. This will be more cost effective than buying Philips hue lights.

If u are looking at led strips with color changes, then u can try looking at yi lights strips or other brands besides Philips hue. Not sure about the brightness of such led strips though as my experience is with Philips led tubes.

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh no... That means, if i do eventually intend to buy a overseas Philips HUE product, there might not be any support in Singapore...

>90% of my lights at home are Hue

If you are referring to hue strips playbars e27 e14 gu27 etc locally should have . Some of the Hue stuffs I got from overseas still working for past 5 yrs.

Kevlam

Reaction score
If u are just looking to have smart lighting with normal color led lights (white or warm white), u can try Philips led tube lights with smart switches eg xiaomi. This will be more cost effective than buying Philips hue lights.

If u are looking at led strips with color changes, then u can try looking at yi lights strips or other brands besides Philips hue. Not sure about the brightness of such led strips though as my experience is with Philips led tubes.
Thank you for the advice bro, i'll do more research on "yi" lights or any other brands before finalizing on the type of lights i would be getting eventually.

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hue is more expensive but the ease of use and quality of lighting is well worth it.

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, I like Philips Hue constant update with the app as well as the software reliability of it. However, the price for Hue stuff is really expensive.

For cheaper light and compatible with Hue app and bridge, search for Gledopto. I have several LED strip light controllers as well as bulbs, all working fine using Philips Hue bridge and app.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.