Very Light laptop recommendation

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Using Gram 14. Light with necessary ports, good for traveling. My laptop is already 2+ yrs and currently looking for another light laptop which has better battery.
I used to think the Gram 14 was light, until I picked up the UH-X, which made the Gram 14 feel heavy. :s13:

Which brings the point. Light is subjective. Just 5 years ago, anything less than 1.4kg would be considered light. Then the 1kg laptops became more prominent about 3y back. So mainstream manufacturers like Acer try to aim for 1.2kg or so, while Fujitsu went wild with less than 800g (U937/938 is 799g), and I seem to recall a 751gram laptop (full i5 with full ports, not some budget processor).

natas

Reaction score
I used to think the Gram 14 was light, until I picked up the UH-X, which made the Gram 14 feel heavy. :s13:

Which brings the point. Light is subjective. Just 5 years ago, anything less than 1.4kg would be considered light. Then the 1kg laptops became more prominent about 3y back. So mainstream manufacturers like Acer try to aim for 1.2kg or so, while Fujitsu went wild with less than 800g (U937/938 is 799g), and I seem to recall a 751gram laptop (full i5 with full ports, not some budget processor).

Nice... I am looking for an alternative to my Gram but with better battery. Will go for next gen AMD instead of intel for battery.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score

Where to get fujistu u937/u938

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How's the flex on the body any improvement? Moi feel weird with mushy body and keyboard for super light ones, last tried like 3-4 years ago though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.