VICOM fail my window tint test :(

eyesawz

Reaction score
As the header says. jin sian.
but I see so many cars with windows more tinted than mine how come no issues?
yesterday went to remove the solar films but back passenger side window still very tinted. Came originally like that.
Workshop boss say no film is ok, will pass. I doubt leh... he say is true?
Will go back VICOM Monday to retest... jin sian :(

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yesterday went to remove the solar films but back passenger side window still very tinted. Came originally like that.
Good luck dude!

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you going to redo, you should have just torn off the film on the spot and saved yourself another trip + re-inspection fees.

IIIUSION

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is your car model? Fail by how many %?

I'm guessing is Japanese PI car already come tinted from the factory. How come still can pass the LTA during import?

Last edited:

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
If you going to redo, you should have just torn off the film on the spot and saved yourself another trip + re-inspection fees.
Ya..this is the way...

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
Because u don’t know how to talk to the inspector la...LOL....OR how you know the other cars outside didn’t fix up super dark tint AFTER they finish inspection...correct? If you want to continue to use dark tint...there is “always a price pay”

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best is to tear off on the spot, pass the inspection and F-O.

Those fail tint 1, they will always remove, inspect, then install.

If Kenna caught pay $70 or so only. Then again, those dark tint works very well in the heat as the car is really much cooler.

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really dun understand why the pap dun allow tinted glass.. I mean lesser heat inside then lesser need for cold air con then lesser fuel buring... These people really pea brain

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really dun understand why the pap dun allow tinted glass.. I mean lesser heat inside then lesser need for cold air con then lesser fuel buring... These people really pea brain
Come at night, visibility is going to be worse = higher chance of accident.

eyesawz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the response.
i have the films removed. later today will go VICOM for a retest. see how it goes.
the passenger side window still quite dark, come as is unless change the whole window...

eyesawz

Reaction score
Come at night, visibility is going to be worse = higher chance of accident.
agree for windscreen and front 2 windows. but behind passenger side should not matter that much.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because u don’t know how to talk to the inspector la...LOL....OR how you know the other cars outside didn’t fix up super dark tint AFTER they finish inspection...correct? If you want to continue to use dark tint...there is “always a price pay”
How to you talk to them when they fail your window film? Please share share... lolx

zoomzoom1

Reaction score

hannor. the car takes up lesser energy to cool down the car as well. so much better for the environment. Esp now that sg weather is one gan si lang hot

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hannor. the car takes up lesser energy to cool down the car as well. so much better for the environment. Esp now that sg weather is one gan si lang hot
All they care is can see inside our car or not, not whether you enjoy the heat or not.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the response.
i have the films removed. later today will go VICOM for a retest. see how it goes.
the passenger side window still quite dark, come as is unless change the whole window...

So did you pass ? Your car is Voxy or Noah ah

linzw00

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard abt the 'transition' effects film? Turn darker under sunlight and norm under shade. Those technically should be able to pass right?

bwaysaikryptonite

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard abt the 'transition' effects film? Turn darker under sunlight and norm under shade. Those technically should be able to pass right?

is teh workshops in Woodlands? Dunch waste time on tis crap....workshop will tell chiu free 3 or duno how many times replacement in teh event inspection fail due to tint can’t transit back in time..then want to set appointment to do a re-tint haf to wait almost 3 weeks to a month and leave car for 5-6 hours...who will haf teh time for such nonsense arrangement...

keep taking in out and removing tint chiur interior plastic of teh door also becum looser and rattle more

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.