VICOM fail my window tint test :(

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As the header says. jin sian.
but I see so many cars with windows more tinted than mine how come no issues?
yesterday went to remove the solar films but back passenger side window still very tinted. Came originally like that.
Workshop boss say no film is ok, will pass. I doubt leh... he say is true?
Will go back VICOM Monday to retest... jin sian :(
Just tell the tester there’s no film. How can fail.
Last time I take out my front film and their light meter still show failed.
i question them got calibrate their meter anot, no film how can be still Low.
They jjww discussing and then let me pass...

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
honestly our window tint laws are way too strict

there are a lot of cars that AD won't let you spec the factory privacy glass option because will fail inspection

perhaps lta should rethink the tinting criteria

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly our window tint laws are way too strict

there are a lot of cars that AD won't let you spec the factory privacy glass option because will fail inspection

perhaps lta should rethink the tinting criteria
Why would LTA wanna rethink or re-work something that has been working for them? If they do, it's always for the worse change, not better. They might come out with tinting not needed as SG is not hot and sheltered parking available mostly.

wlalala

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Why would LTA wanna rethink or re-work something that has been working for them? If they do, it's always for the worse change, not better. They might come out with tinting not needed as SG is not hot and sheltered parking available mostly.
bro dun give them ideas... :(

YouHappyCanLiao

Reaction score
Not worth the time and effort to redo, just make sure window tint must be able to pass inspection when tinted

IIIUSION

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this one dun ask too many question :s13::s13:
I only know many PI cars on the road now have factory tinted privacy windows that are borderline fail. Can't be that the inspectors are not aware of this.

eyesawz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies again.
Re-tested and passed leow. They just wind down the window check if film still there. never even use meter to recheck.

1 thing to share.
When I was back there for a retest, the queue is quite long. thinking just to test the window only and it is the last station, maybe no need to queue. called the hotline and the operator say can just go behind get the tech to check will do. so I did what was told.
knn... the tech insist must queue even when i told him "I called control they say can come behind direct". tech still insist me to queue and go through the whole cycle.
Called the hotline again and the useless "headquarters" person now say they bo bian must follow instruction from the location people. nah beh i left the queue now need to queue again...
lan lan bo bian go back out to re-queue for re-test... sibeh cute right? lol!!

it is at VICOM Yishun.
And this re-test no need to pay another time.

RadEoNic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see new vw arteon dark like fug until can’t see the person inside
Seems like default one.
it will be interesting to see if it passes inspection too

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tell the tester there’s no film. How can fail.
Last time I take out my front film and their light meter still show failed.
i question them got calibrate their meter anot, no film how can be still Low.
They jjww discussing and then let me pass...
Did you pursuit further?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies again.
Re-tested and passed leow. They just wind down the window check if film still there. never even use meter to recheck.

1 thing to share.
When I was back there for a retest, the queue is quite long. thinking just to test the window only and it is the last station, maybe no need to queue. called the hotline and the operator say can just go behind get the tech to check will do. so I did what was told.
knn... the tech insist must queue even when i told him "I called control they say can come behind direct". tech still insist me to queue and go through the whole cycle.
Called the hotline again and the useless "headquarters" person now say they bo bian must follow instruction from the location people. nah beh i left the queue now need to queue again...
lan lan bo bian go back out to re-queue for re-test... sibeh cute right? lol!!

it is at VICOM Yishun.
And this re-test no need to pay another time.
Yeah, need to Q up like others. No special lane for retest cases. Mine was failed headlamps and rear car plate lamp.
The inspector came to my car, walk round less than 1min. Cannot leave the Q, need to follow thru the test stations though no further other tests needed. knn!!

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like default one.
Well, there are hidden channels around to get it passed though. Just know the correct person and pay only. lolz

blurnard

Reaction score
Seems like default one.

If it is from factory already darken, it will be noted in their record de.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine old car and this one, forever fail headlamps, but it's stock, so I don't understand, but although signboard says fail, they pass me.

Previous inspection tell me my carplate fail... I ask them, then how issit all the while pass, only this time fail... they also swapped status to 'pass' and print the cert. Seriously...

eyesawz

Reaction score
Mine old car and this one, forever fail headlamps, but it's stock, so I don't understand, but although signboard says fail, they pass me.

Previous inspection tell me my carplate fail... I ask them, then how issit all the while pass, only this time fail... they also swapped status to 'pass' and print the cert. Seriously...

Yeah mine also fail the headlamp.
Also I called the hotline to ask - before going back for the retest - what I need to do cos the tech did not mention anything to me during my first test and I also never notice the "failed" status until later. Then I was told if tech never say anything, then there is no issue. She explained the headlamp checking device are not working for some car models.
True enough, during the retest, it was not even check.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine also fail the headlamp.
Also I called the hotline to ask - before going back for the retest - what I need to do cos the tech did not mention anything to me during my first test and I also never notice the "failed" status until later. Then I was told if tech never say anything, then there is no issue. She explained the headlamp checking device are not working for some car models.
True enough, during the retest, it was not even check.
Wah lao, like that also can... I always see the big screen, it always shows Headlamps - Failed. But since they still pass me I never ask. My old car is halogen also can fail, I scratch head... new ride is HID also fail... wah lao eh... lol!!!!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.