ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 6

Deceased

Reaction score
technically, it shouldnt, but if their using to ORT fully, then yea, another reason to move out soon.

just from the sheer response vs other threads, its overly "active"here la sia :s22: :cautious:

and no, im not digging people for troll, just warning others, that its really not worth the effort and time to just keep chasing something which is not your job or problem
My contract ending actually. Was thinking MR but their recent saga data leak and bought over by SH made me change my mind.

I wanted static IP and Low latency so not much choice left but M1 or whizcomms liaoz

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My contract ending actually. Was thinking MR but their recent saga data leak and bought over by SH made me change my mind.
I wanted static IP and Low latency so not much choice left but M1 or whizcomms liaoz

Whizcomms will have the worst latencies among all ISPs (worse than SingTel as SingTel will put WC users to the worse route when there is an issue) and I do not think it has static IP add-on. SingTel and Starhub do not have static IP add-on either.

Deceased

Reaction score
Whizcomms will have the worst latencies among all ISPs (worse than SingTel as SingTel will put WC users to the worse route when there is an issue) and I do not think it has static IP add-on. SingTel and Starhub do not have static IP add-on either.
sian that’s why I am thinking to continue with VQ or not since I don’t really encounter big issue (at least for me/my area).

mecha_power

Reaction score

Whizcomms has really bad routing esp for games and streaming. Advice you to research more.

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

well that leaves m1 now no ?

to be honest, the leak was for their mobile plan users iirc, data users at home not much [ someone correct me if im wrong

either way, ive used VQ last year before downgrading so i can safely persuade folks who are considering, to at least just get the non contract version, expensive but works alot better than 1year of headache

Deceased

Reaction score
well that leaves m1 now no ?

to be honest, the leak was for their mobile plan users iirc, data users at home not much [ someone correct me if im wrong

either way, ive used VQ last year before downgrading so i can safely persuade folks who are considering, to at least just get the non contract version, expensive but works alot better than 1year of headache
a leak is still a leak. that is a bad indicator of a company's effort in securing customer's data. also, and with SH taking over, i'll not consider liao.

guess it's m1 liao lor.

MaxLeung

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone experience an outage? My internet is down the whole day today. My Zhone modem shown red light on “alarm”. Anyone experienced the same? This has not occur to me previously when I was using the small ONT.

MaxLeung

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone experience an outage? My internet is down the whole day today. My Zhone modem shown red light on “alarm”. Anyone experienced the same? This has not occur to me previously when I was using the small ONT.

Just called ViewQwest and they said that there was some maintenance done last night. Certain users using the Zhone modern are affected, they will arrange for a replacement.

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The new black modem was so compact so much smaller than the zhone which I have been using for many years...so nice to be able to just put anywhere now.
Have been using the new modem for a few days so far so good, the only thing is it felt really cheap and no rubber feet for some reason and being light weight, it will slide around easily.
Also, since they did some network migration....I wonder if we finally got IPv6? Or abandoned already?

Mind take a photo of your black modem?

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything

omelet

Reaction score

Here is the photo. Added a TWS earbud for comparison.
Q13SA2O.jpg

The one I have gotten is smaller.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi
just received my new modem and was told my migration is scheduled on 23 Nov tomorrow.

Do i need email them my account, modem info etc or will i experience outage tomorrow morning ?

concerned as working from home now.

this migration exercise is crap. should have done it over weekend rather than weekday given most of us working from home now and very disruptive.

DriftKing

Reaction score
hi
just received my new modem and was told my migration is scheduled on 23 Nov tomorrow.

Do i need email them my account, modem info etc or will i experience outage tomorrow morning ?

this migration exercise is crap. should have done it over weekend rather than weekday given most of us working from home now and very disruptive.
From what I've experienced... just plug and play as per instruction. No need to do anything (as I never did). Felt like nothing happened, which is a good thing.

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi

if you wana be sure, friday, before morning of weekend,

simply power off the router and the fiber

wait for 5mins

power on the router first then the fiber

chrisseet

Reaction score
Anyone living in Punggol area, is experiencing very slow internet speed at night? Between 7pm to 11pm?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone living in Punggol area, is experiencing very slow internet speed at night? Between 7pm to 11pm?

You need to contact Vuewquest for support. Another user encountered similar problem as you and he was able to sort out the issue later. The solution is strange though (changing IP address).

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/real-international-speed-tests.6405972/page-7
hi all, as an update ViewQwest support contacted me and managed to fix the problem.
I now get ~950 Mbps to ViewQwest local server at night.

they assigned me a new IP.

Last edited:

rubicon

Master Member
Reaction score
yup they called me at night around 10pm. Asked me test speed (< 100 Mbps), then changee IP, then test speed again (900+ Mbps). Took only a few minutes.

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup they called me at night around 10pm. Asked me test speed (< 100 Mbps), then changee IP, then test speed again (900+ Mbps). Took only a few minutes.
Looks like i'm experiencing the same issue as you now; 100Mbps down/up +- via speedtest to their servers, and happens during evenings to midnight, then it goes up to 600Mbps down 800Mbps up +-. Couldn't even get ahold of them through their support number, dropped them an email and no replies :ROFLMAO:. VQ support is still as **** as ever.

Also this happened only after I recontracted recently and was issued a new static IP.

rubicon

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like i'm experiencing the same issue as you now; 100Mbps down/up +- via speedtest to their servers, and happens during evenings to midnight, then it goes up to 600Mbps down 800Mbps up +-. Couldn't even get ahold of them through their support number, dropped them an email and no replies :ROFLMAO:. VQ support is still as **** as ever.

Also this happened only after I recontracted recently and was issued a new static IP.
need to be patient. I emailed them and they took a few days to call me

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.