ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 6

commonjunk

Reaction score
There is currently a wide spread outage. Many areas affect. I lost my connection this morning at 1am. Call Viewqwest multiple times because the techinnical department guy suppose to contact me to arrange a appt time/date to come down. Waited and waited and waited but nobody call back. Finally during my 4th call, the lady say i am not the only one affected and there is nothing they can do now until the Main is UP
I hope they have similar attitude when they collect payment. Can we delay it for few months with similar reply that they are not the only one waiting for payments.
If it is that wide spread issue why they don't have any announcement on their website.

Went to their blog page and Bitdefender blocking them (on suspicious connection).

AngeLx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They haven’t collect back our old modems and wires right? It’s taking space at my house now. Been checking email but don’t have.

robertgl

Reaction score
Given a call and was told we told we suppose to bring the set it for a discount. If we are to wait for them it will take them some time to arrange for this.

dereth

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Freedom DNS has occasionally given me problems, just like today - Unable to access Netflix and Prime US. If I cancel Freedom DNS and goes with a 3rd party VPN (continuing with VQ subscription), which one do you guys recommend? Will be great if it is one I can apply to my router so all devices are able to access. I'm using Asus. Thanks!

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Viewqwest good to subscribe to?

Used to have them for my old home for 5 years, has the service gotten worse now?

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone received the welcome to viewqwest email as if you are a new customer? I didn't subscribe to any new services. Sent erroneously or fraud?

bert64

Reaction score
Thanks. I read this thread, only complaints. Their Facebook page also many complaints.
When something is working you don't think about it.
When something isn't working, you spend time trying to diagnose, fix and/or complain about it.

So online posts are naturally always skewed heavily towards complaints.

DriftKing

Reaction score
When something is working you don't think about it.
When something isn't working, you spend time trying to diagnose, fix and/or complain about it.

So online posts are naturally always skewed heavily towards complaints.
Very true. No problem won't post dah. Location plays a heavy factor too, and any major outage by other ISP, VQ also almost gets drag by it. (maybe so far except for starhub)
See heng suay. Comments here are generally bad but I had very good experience with them recently when I called them.
When there is major outage no point calling. Problem doesnt magically dissappear too. Under normal circumstances the call center are generally helpful. Talk to them about payment they even more enthusiastic ;)

jasonho

Reaction score
I had similar experience too when I was toying with some new hardware. They even called back to check if my problem was resolved. Like i said, it all boils down to a few things

1) timing of the call
- I noticed calling them at peak hours will be a disastrous experience. Or calling them when there's a wide spread disconnection is also not going to help.

2) be specific in telling them your problem
- Dont tell them "No internet" Or internet disconnect". Be ready for the standard Q&A. eg wireless + wired connection working condition / modem led lights status / your router errors details etc.
- If you had change a router, just tell them straight. I had a friend who was so worried about telling ISP the change of router.

Nevertheless, I still recommend most non-tech savvy folks to go with the big 3.

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My most recent call was because I woke up and my ONT was dead.

My call was answered in about 5-10 mins and from the time of my call to the time their technician rang my doorbell with the new ONT took less than two hours. I think that's pretty amazing.

I'm lucky to not have experienced too much major outages. The outages on my end are those 5-30 mins types and it's usually also reported here in this thread.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had similar experience too when I was toying with some new hardware. They even called back to check if my problem was resolved. Like i said, it all boils down to a few things

1) timing of the call
- I noticed calling them at peak hours will be a disastrous experience. Or calling them when there's a wide spread disconnection is also not going to help.

2) be specific in telling them your problem
- Dont tell them "No internet" Or internet disconnect". Be ready for the standard Q&A. eg wireless + wired connection working condition / modem led lights status / your router errors details etc.
- If you had change a router, just tell them straight. I had a friend who was so worried about telling ISP the change of router.

Nevertheless, I still recommend most non-tech savvy folks to go with the big 3.

My most recent call was because I woke up and my ONT was dead.

My call was answered in about 5-10 mins and from the time of my call to the time their technician rang my doorbell with the new ONT took less than two hours. I think that's pretty amazing.

I'm lucky to not have experienced too much major outages. The outages on my end are those 5-30 mins types and it's usually also reported here in this thread.

That sounds exactly like my experience too. Their helpdesk has always been pro active and most technically proficient of all the ISPs I've used. Can even help me with the firmware of the router.

Guess I'll go back to VQ then.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.