ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 6

bert64

Reaction score
I hope they have similar attitude when they collect payment. Can we delay it for few months with similar reply that they are not the only one waiting for payments.
If it is that wide spread issue why they don't have any announcement on their website.

Went to their blog page and Bitdefender blocking them (on suspicious connection).
You can't fault the support for this. Service is down, all you can do is wait, this is the best response you can expect from the support staff in this circumstance.

A lot of ISPs would actually do anything to avoid admitting there's a problem at their end, including waste your time rebooting, reinstalling drivers etc despite knowing full well that it's a complete waste of time.

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no issues, east side,

though, i must say, im anxious abou their autobilling lmao, still have yet to see any of the credit being charged, logging in mutilple times a day to ensure that my cc or debit c is correct

mrnanq

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking for mesh system. I’m only confused on which plan to get between these.
- 1gbps ZenWifi AX Plan
- 1gbps work from home mesh bundle
- Asus ZenWifi XD4
- Netgear MK63

Any inputs/opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

dawo5010

Reaction score
Anyone care to share the manufacturer/model number of the ONR VQ uses for their 2Gbps plans? Just curious :s13:

lobukong

Reaction score
One have to personally go to suntec to return the modem to VQ before the contract can be terminated.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My VQ contract is ending, was thinking of trying out MR. My experience with VQ has been good though. Not sure if I should make the move.

Eddedd

Reaction score
Oh, my turn to migrate on the 25th. On 1gbps plan but I received the 4 ports modem too. Guess last time my first plan with them got one voice so they auto send the 4 port one?

So what I need to do ah? Midnight plug in new modem then Lan 1 to router Wan port then everything should auto connect?

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ppl who got migrated to fiberhome, they gave SC/apc to SC/upc fibre patch cord ah? Not SC/apc to SC/apc? Just saw the installation video. Means my armored patch can't use liao, need get a custom cable for this.

Veloci_Raptor

Reaction score
Oh, my turn to migrate on the 25th. On 1gbps plan but I received the 4 ports modem too. Guess last time my first plan with them got one voice so they auto send the 4 port one?

So what I need to do ah? Midnight plug in new modem then Lan 1 to router Wan port then everything should auto connect?
Just follow their instruction. In the morning when you wake up, reboot the ONT if there is not connection.

Veloci_Raptor

Reaction score
Ppl who got migrated to fiberhome, they gave SC/apc to SC/upc fibre patch cord ah? Not SC/apc to SC/apc? Just saw the installation video. Means my armored patch can't use liao, need get a custom cable for this.
My case no change in fiber cable.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I can confirm the provided cable is SC/APC to SC/UPC. Be sure to use the provided cable with the green end to the TP and blue end to the new ONT. Reusing your old cable (SC/APC to SC/APC) will result in insertion loss and can possibly damage your new ONT and/or cable

I'll be sourcing a new armored fibre with the correct ferrule tips to replace my old one.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good question, i didn't check the detail and I have return it with the old ONT to the shop at Suntec.
Not exactly your fault, the Viewqwest video actually erroneously said you can just reuse your old cable even though they also said the green end to TP and blue end to ont in that same video.

Zildjian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may i noe u in which area ? i reboot 2 times liao still no service

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.