Vivo X70 Series

superio

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Extremely disappointed with Vivo SG for not bringing in the X70 Pro Plus.

Now have to go back to having a headache deciding whether to go for china set of X70 Pro Plus or local set of X70 Pro. :cry:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Extremely disappointed with Vivo SG for not bringing in the X70 Pro Plus.

Now have to go back to having a headache deciding whether to go for china set of X70 Pro Plus or local set of X70 Pro. :cry:
it's a shame for sure since the X70 Pro+ really does look like an all out flagship phone on paper. It has IP rating, stereo speakers, wireless charging, SD888+, Cirrus Logic CS43131 DAC, better camera hardware, and all that good stuff. It would be a legit competitor against what Samsung has to offer, at least hardware wise. Since it will most likely have similar RRP as S21 Ultra at launch, but because S21 Ultra came out so much earlier, the price has dropped quite a lot, so might not be that worth it still. Software wise I think FunTouchOS needs more polish too, but if they can get it to like ColorOS level, it will be great. Since OxygenOS and ColorOS seems to be merging already, if vivo could piggyback on that too (since they have the same parent company anyway), it would probably instantly make the experience much better.

Anyway, maybe it would make sense for the X80 Pro+, since the X series seems to be on a 6 months upgrade cycle, and the timing will be better.

gz0707

Reaction score
it's a shame for sure since the X70 Pro+ really does look like an all out flagship phone on paper. It has IP rating, stereo speakers, wireless charging, SD888+, Cirrus Logic CS43131 DAC, better camera hardware, and all that good stuff. It would be a legit competitor against what Samsung has to offer, at least hardware wise. Since it will most likely have similar RRP as S21 Ultra at launch, but because S21 Ultra came out so much earlier, the price has dropped quite a lot, so might not be that worth it still. Software wise I think FunTouchOS needs more polish too, but if they can get it to like ColorOS level, it will be great. Since OxygenOS and ColorOS seems to be merging already, if vivo could piggyback on that too (since they have the same parent company anyway), it would probably instantly make the experience much better.

Anyway, maybe it would make sense for the X80 Pro+, since the X series seems to be on a 6 months upgrade cycle, and the timing will be better.
alex that was ur video review? nice work, especially spotting the reset issue. I'm just a few days old using the china pro plus, so have not spotted any deal breaker issues yet. but some of the observations here quite legit - the battery lifeon pro plus is rather short, even for a non gamer like me. i just use shopping and social apps and a fully charged set goes down to 20 or 30% by end of day.

as for the OS, seems the pro plus is launched in earnest only for India mkt. so (my guess is that) we may only be getting x70 pro sets with loading for India mkt. they dont seem to have the scope to launch the funtouch or color OS for other regions , including apac and europe, seeing the comments from euro based comments on XDA. will be gd to see how the color os on local sg sets looks, performance and stabilityy wise when we get buyers on these sets soon.

Last edited:

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where to get the shopee $60 voucher?
Want to buy the pro set during flash deal.

Hope x80 pro+ with Dimensity 2000 will be available in SG.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alex that was ur video review? nice work, especially spotting the reset issue. I'm just a few days old using the china pro plus, so have not spotted any deal breaker issues yet. but some of the observations here quite legit - the battery lifeon pro plus is rather short, even for a non gamer like me. i just use shopping and social apps and a fully charged set goes down to 20 or 30% by end of day.

as for the OS, seems the pro plus is launched in earnest only for India mkt. so (my guess is that) we may only be getting x70 pro sets with loading for India mkt. they dont seem to have the scope to launch the funtouch or color OS for other regions , including apac and europe, seeing the comments from euro based comments on XDA. will be gd to see how the color os on local sg sets looks, performance and stabilityy wise when we get buyers on these sets soon.
yeah, thanks! 😅 but well, even though the reboot issue for the apps refresh rate fixed itself after a factory reset i just did, but man, the need the do a factory reset to get it working again just because of a software update is kinda rough. Other than that, the other minor bugs are not really deal breakers but definitely need more polish. But it's still strange to see them launch the Pro+ in so little regions, maybe chip shortage played a part too. Can only hope maybe they'll launch the next Pro+ in SG. But this is something folks have been asking for a while now, so won't hold my breath. :ROFLMAO:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pics from local sg shop? i think quite safe to say no pro plus coming launching soon... but can get the x70 pro set. it has most of the pro plus goodies and is a bit smaller too.
flagship no cum little red dot as shortage of chips + no demand here

n also many sinkie complain china phone sell as dear as apple or sammy who will buy

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not exactly sure, the error msg only showed error and apology from TT app, so I assume some back end error on their end, so keep trying if TT dont install immediately. took me a day before managed to install n now no more issues.

for the rest of the stuff, I follow the experience and settings of x60 user on page 5 and 6 of the following thread, so u guys may find it useful too.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/vivo-x60-series-thread.6489113/page-5
ya i also read some tips on xda too
first time vivo user...migrate since many years of huawei

camera both huawei n vivo got pro n con
night mode huawei really better imo

but lets enjoy our new love................:)

superio

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi brothers and sisters, can share which vendor you bought your x70 Pro + from?

Sorry, first time buying export set, so a bit worried. How long does it take to arrive?

And when is a good time to buy? Wait for shopee 60 dollars off voucher?

Thanks!

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMG-20211129-171014.jpg

stressmage

Master Member
Reaction score
but mi10pro is good wor. not too inferior compared to this x70pro

You didn't try eu ROM for the m10 Pro? If the reason is to move away from China ROM.
Thanks bros for the recommendation, don't really want to mess with my Widevine L1 as i still watches netflix occasionally. TBH, i am happy with my cn mi10 pro, minus some inconvenience (notification issue even with fixes applied), mainly is hand itch to try new phone :LOL:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pro + so far so good

camera impressive

using my orange "naked"

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.