VTL to Thailand

Bloo-Cheese

Reaction score
hi, if travelling under the vaccinated scheme, are we required to stay at SHA extra plus (SHA++) hotels?

on the thai pass website, it says that the hotel must be SHA extra plus (SHA++), can refer to the imgur link below.

anyone travelled under vaccinated scheme and has no issues with non SHA++ hotels?

many thanks

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, if travelling under the vaccinated scheme, are we required to stay at SHA extra plus (SHA++) hotels?

on the thai pass website, it says that the hotel must be SHA extra plus (SHA++), can refer to the imgur link below.

anyone travelled under vaccinated scheme and has no issues with non SHA++ hotels?

many thanks

No need.... Refer to this

alan_shearer

Reaction score
I think what he meant is can't key in children's name. Same thing happen when I tried NTUC family travel insurance.

Will Thailand Pass approve that if your child name is not reflected in the family travel policy?

I am baffled by this too.. Anyone done this before and Thailand Pass ok with it?

Thanks
I noticed this same problem so went to purchase from another insurer that allows me to key in children's name...(https://changiassure.changirecommends.com) ----I am not affiliated with them :)

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think what he meant is can't key in children's name. Same thing happen when I tried NTUC family travel insurance.

Will Thailand Pass approve that if your child name is not reflected in the family travel policy?

I am baffled by this too.. Anyone done this before and Thailand Pass ok with it?

Thanks

yes, it doesn't matter if child name not in it. at least in my case

the insurance will reflect how many child is covered in the plan.

hxZQm9P.png

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway, latest news for june is that thai pass is auto approve after upload docs. my guess quite likely by july/aug will be removed.

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
Whats the latest updates? Still need do thai pass for June onwards?

From 1 June, 2022, foreign nationals are still required to apply for a Thailand Pass, with essential information including passport details, vaccination, and an US$10,000 health insurance policy. The system will then automatically issue a QR code for the applicants. Thais will be exempt from a Thailand Pass registration.

https://www.tatnews.org/

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can recommend 3 to 4 star hotels in Bangkok. Location need not be near subway as the elderly couple has a friend with a car to fetch them around. They would not be taking subway anyway no matter what. Just that must be able to get taxi at hotel lobby. Rooms just need to be clean and decent. No need to be posh.

darcbleu

Reaction score
Can recommend 3 to 4 star hotels in Bangkok. Location need not be near subway as the elderly couple has a friend with a car to fetch them around. They would not be taking subway anyway no matter what. Just that must be able to get taxi at hotel lobby. Rooms just need to be clean and decent. No need to be posh.
if you want near shopping area with hotel lobby and decent hotel, i will recommend Berkeley near Pratunum.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you want near shopping area with hotel lobby and decent hotel, i will recommend Berkeley near Pratunum.
Actually I forget to add that price cannot be expensive. They are not working. Berkeley I think out of their budget.

darcbleu

Reaction score
Actually I forget to add that price cannot be expensive. They are not working. Berkeley I think out of their budget.
i see. actually the price not that expensive now. maybe you want to mention your budget and area to stay for better recommendation.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see. actually the price not that expensive now. maybe you want to mention your budget and area to stay for better recommendation.
They are going in Sept and they would have a relative with a car to drive them around. Thus no preference in location just not too isolated. Elderly can be paranoid. Just want to be able to get taxi outside hotel as just in case that relative not free during that half a day or what. Less than $100 per night.

darcbleu

Reaction score
They are going in Sept and they would have a relative with a car to drive them around. Thus no preference in location just not too isolated. Elderly can be paranoid. Just want to be able to get taxi outside hotel as just in case that relative not free during that half a day or what. Less than $100 per night.
Berkely is within your budget. you can check Agoda too for the rates

rtln17

Reaction score
Hi

travelling in June to Thailand. Must adults download MorChana app? Because I downloaded and key in details from Thailand Pass, it keep prompting error.

anyone encounter?

BwaySaiDonk

Banned
Reaction score
anyone gone to phuket, are there health checks when you land? or is it just fever monitoring?
asking coz baby has got sniffles (but confirmed covid - as done art for 4 days already)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.