[Wake Up, SG] Homelessness is a real problem!

kingsfall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got see those poor ppl who is on Govt assistance scheme renting out hdb. Those hdb really is sibei jalat condition

theMKR

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got see those poor ppl who is on Govt assistance scheme renting out hdb. Those hdb really is sibei jalat condition
if hdb give them a good flat, they will also make it jialet la.

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, will reporting via one-service app help? Relevant agency gets informed and work on it.

A percentage of them do have a rental flat but choose not to live inside for various reasons.

There's also a lot of immobile old people in rental flat who need help also. Super sad 1.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't understand, if you are able person... As long you work... 2 bto is very well within reach... How to become homeless... Of course isolate cases of special family needed do exist...

Last edited:

Canis Lupus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, will reporting via one-service app help? Relevant agency gets informed and work on it.

A percentage of them do have a rental flat but choose not to live inside for various reasons.

There's also a lot of immobile old people in rental flat who need help also. Super sad 1.
That's huai moi suppork auto-euthanization. The poor can choose to off themselves anytime they wish. But the rich wouldn't allow it becuz they wouldn't hab anyone to exploit. Antinatalism to prevent even more economic slaves to be born and exploited too. :(

Vulpix

Reaction score
Didn't one of our men in white claim homelessness doesn't exist, and it is does show him?

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't understand, of you are able person... As long you work... 2 bto is very well within reach... How to become homeless... Of course isolate cases of special family needed do exist...
Rental flat can costs maybe $100+ monthly.

I read about people complaining where's the Swiss level standard of living but well, homelessness is an issue everywhere. Developed countries can have 0.1x% of people who are homeless. Just 0.1% of 5million will mean 5000. We don't likely see this much in Singapore so our stats is "better".

Why are they homeless? Anyone knows? In the past, I read some of them cannot stay with their "house-mate" in rental flat, so outdoor is cooler, so more comfortable or just want to wander. How?

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rental flat can costs maybe $100+ monthly.

I read about people complaining where's the Swiss level standard of living but well, homelessness is an issue everywhere. Developed countries can have 0.1x% of people who are homeless. Just 0.1% of 5million will mean 5000. We don't likely see this much in Singapore so our stats is "better".

Why are they homeless? Anyone knows? In the past, I read some of them cannot stay with their "house-mate" in rental flat, so outdoor is cooler, so more comfortable or just want to wander. How?
If you volunteer, you will know that there are people that don't want to help themselves.. Some of the assistance they needed is to leech off the tax payers.

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you volunteer, you will know that there are people that don't want to help themselves.. Some of the assistance they needed is to leech off the tax payers.
Say a $300 cash assistance was all used to buy beer?

Nowadays, many people know a lot of things but cannot discuss with an open mind anymore due to cancel culture.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
tamp mall & century sq, there's two homeless pple, i think bro & sis around 40+ or maybe early 50~ i always see them there even on midnight~ i think they choose that place cos century sq got a shower place for cyclist~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.