Wake Up SG: The time is ripe for Thaipusam to be reinstated as a public holiday.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
proportional to demographics, if want more holidays then import more villagers in

Mistranslated

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does all indians practise thaipusam? I don't know enough about their religion to comment . But if they have lower/higher caste and each group practise religion differently, then I dunno liao

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The aliens we import here don't celebrate thaipusam. Too bad.

If the aliens here celebrate by now they pressure the govt to give them the holiday liao.

ubtokendotnet

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The aliens we import here don't celebrate thaipusam. Too bad.

If the aliens here celebrate by now they pressure the govt to give them the holiday liao.

next time we will celebrate Holi..

Holi Holiday

ezgif.com-gif-maker%20%2812%29-1.gif

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Garment and in particular Shan will reap what he sowed. He want to keep stirring race it will be no end. Good luck

greentiger

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does all indians practise thaipusam? I don't know enough about their religion to comment . But if they have lower/higher caste and each group practise religion differently, then I dunno liao
Thaipusam or Thaipoosam (Tamil: தைப்பூசம், Taippūcam ?), is a festival celebrated by the Tamil Hindu community on the full moon in the Tamil month of Thai (January/February), usually coinciding with Pushya star, known as Poosam in Tamil or Pooyam in Malayalam. The festival is also observed among Keralites and is vernacularly called Thaipooyam (Malayalam: തൈപ്പൂയം).[1]

It is mainly observed in countries where there is a significant presence of Tamil community such as India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia,[2] Mauritius,[3] as well as other places where ethnic Tamils reside as a part of the local Indian diaspora population such as Canada, Singapore,[4] South Africa, the United States, Réunion, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, Jamaica and the other parts of the Caribbean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaipusam

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.