Wake Up SG: The time is ripe for Thaipusam to be reinstated as a public holiday.

Athlon_Riser

Banned
Reaction score
I remember there was incident during thaipusan last time... Maybe because of that, they don't want to make it public holiday.

yonglimm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i agree.....we shld replace national day with thaipusum.....wat ***** national pride do we have now when sinkies are being replaced by foreigners as the new singapore core.......year after year we are wasting taxpayers money putting up a stupid wayang show and fireworks for nothing other than to stroke the ego of scums in white........:mad:

Kumar22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But isn't thaipusam celebrated by tamils instead of indians? I can't tell the difference
Thaipusam mainly a Tamil one. And Thaipusam here is different from India.
Thaipusam celebrations in Singapore and Malaysia is different.
You seldom see North Indians and Indians from Indian taking part

maosaikopi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Smlj??? Chinese have 2 public holidays, chu 1 chu 2

deepavali and vesak day ish for the indian quota

Chiong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't care for what purpose, more holiday is more holiday :s13:

Engineeer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Smlj??? Chinese have 2 public holidays, chu 1 chu 2

deepavali and vesak day ish for the indian quota
Most Chinese celebrate Easter, Christmas and Vesak Day. Hardly see Eurasians celebrating Easter and Christmas and Indians celebrating Vesak Day since most Indians are Hindus.

MiG123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PAP self pwn...

wanna find blame sinkies for mistreating their beloved ceca pets but self expose decades of ownself racist policies

Kohliemliem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recent years more and more people start to stir **** up. I hope the gahmen knwos what it is getting us into with their policies.

Visor9999

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good idea. Should implement this extra public holiday asap already

Sultana

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi only want 12 PH for the 12 months...will sarpork 1 more day for Indians...but govt won't want coolies to hv more rest days wan...

Kumar22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thaipusam or Tamil/Sikh New Year on April 14 or 15 or Guru Nanak's bithday in November for the Sikhs

I Think the New Year would be better as it encompasses both for the Sikhs and Tamils plus it's traditionally a New Year for Thais and other Asian countries

You are talking about 2 groups - Tamils and Sikhs who have major contributions to Singapore throughout the 2 centuries..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.