Warning: Speed Check locations

MISSISTATE

Reaction score
This morning from AMK heading to Novena across from the Bishan Fire Station, Marymount Road just after Bishan St 21(Jln Pemimpin) junction there was an officer sitting by the road side on the grass with a speed camera. Further down on Thomson Road just after the nursery standing on the overhead bridge before SLF building was another officer with a speed camera. Both were in blue uniform. Time was about 9:55am. Beware!

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
another spotted,they suppose to wear white or dark color?tot not suppose to be ambushing

2iqjr6.jpg

156x2kg.jpg

relaxxjaxx

Reaction score
Think is the bridge prior to Maju camp. The guy will sit and shoot you from the back. You can't see him because of the stupid take a bus ad that covers part of the bridge. Seen before a few times, so be careful. Anyway now so much road works there, best not to drive so fast also...

relaxxjaxx

Reaction score
is it always indicated the speed travelled if kena advisory/offence?

From my experience, yes. Kenna 3 times - they all put. Now i drive within the speed limit because i was up to 16 points at one time.... all due to speeding..

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
From my experience, yes. Kenna 3 times - they all put. Now i drive within the speed limit because i was up to 16 points at one time.... all due to speeding..

Why u like to speed? Rushing for work or natural behaviour?

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have seen a car kenna caught at night before.

There was a bright flash .

The stupid driver in front of me went faster than 70kmh along Upper Thomson Road.

anyone kanna caught at night before?

i don't think there is camper right, as in they will flash at you or they will just chase you instead?

lidocaine

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A questions for experienced Drivers...Assume a huge junction. A car enter the junction at green light, halfway in the middle of the junction the light turns amber.About 2 seconds later it turned red and the car was 1.5m from crawling out of the junction (cos traffic jammed up in front).

Is this considered as an offence?

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No offence.

As long as the front wheels of your vehicle crossed the line ( I.e. Beginning of the Junction ) before the lights turned red . It does not matter even if your path is blocked.

However, if the lights turn red, and your car's front wheels then cross the line, you should stop your vehicle immediately.
If you continue to cross the line into the Junction , you would be deemed to have intentionally tried to beat a red light, when your back wheels cross the line .

This is based upon my actual experience at junctions with red light cameras.

For the first scenario, I did not receive any traffic summons.

For the 2nd Scenario, the lights turned amber just when the front of my car was at the line. I could not stop in time, so the front wheels crossed the line at a red light . But I stopped my vehicle. So the back wheels did not cross the line.

To keep it simple, if you have any doubts, just stop your vehicle.
The TP analysing the photos would be able to read your intentions and understand that you did not intentionally want to beat the red light.

A questions for experienced Drivers...Assume a huge junction. A car enter the junction at green light, halfway in the middle of the junction the light turns amber.About 2 seconds later it turned red and the car was 1.5m from crawling out of the junction (cos traffic jammed up in front).

msl4mi

Reaction score
Cop on Top

Lately, I noticed more TP in action:

around 7+/ 8am+ Cop on Top of the overhead bridge of PIE (Jalan Toa Payoh)

Today at 640am TP with camera stand oustide CCK NorthVale Condo (opp CCK Park)

Please be careful all drivers!

human1969

Reaction score
Anyone know if the portable (mounted on tripod) speedcam is able to work during night time ?
I dont think the portable setup have a flash.

Anyone ever got a speeding ticket from such cam ?

Rgds

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyone know if the portable (mounted on tripod) speedcam is able to work during night time ?
I dont think the portable setup have a flash.

Anyone ever got a speeding ticket from such cam ?

Rgds

Yes. ECP flowerpot there always have.

human1969

Reaction score
That is daytime or nighttime ?

Asking because as a photographing basic,
in order to shoot a moving number plate sharp with poor night lighting,
you will need an insanely high ISO to achieve a fast enough shutter speed.
(unless you use flash)

Of course there are other technique like panning,
but TP operator dun employ such skill.

Also,
So far i have personally only see TP on Overhead Bridge during day time.

thomas00

Master Member
Reaction score

Definitely won’t be summon for beating red light. But not sure whether you could be summon for stopping inside yellow box. Strictly speaking, should stop before yellow box if there is a jam at the junction.

mohjoe

Reaction score
Hi, mobile TP speed traps only shoot front of car? Anybody encounter shoot backside 1s? TIA.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.