Water seepage wall - how to repair?

ksw101

Reaction score
Any ideas how I can repair water seepage wall by myself? Water is from bathroom floor I didn’t think seriously few months ago but I see wall and wood are damaged from water.

SqjTPld.jpg

xJuCTKM.jpg

G4OgHyY.jpg

GBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need to stop the source of the leak first. Looks like you need to reapply the waterproofing for your bathroom too. This is even before you do any repair to your wall and wood.

petetherock

Reaction score
I worry when I see "myself"..
You'll need help from a pro contractor. Not something you can do on your own unless you know your stuff.

ksw101

Reaction score
Thanks. We use that bathroom to clean mop is smaller than other bathroom. After I check, water is from wet floor while cleaning mop and didn’t dry wet area property. This happened repeatedly for last few months and there is no more water outside and remain same status in the pics since we clean wet area. Can I leave it with no repair if no more water?

You need to stop the source of the leak first. Looks like you need to reapply the waterproofing for your bathroom too. This is even before you do any repair to your wall and wood.

GBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your bathroom waterproofing is intact, even if your floor is wet, water will not be seeping up to the wall.

Don't bother repairing the wall and the wood skirting unless you intend to keep the bathroom floor perpetually dry as this will be a recurring problem. Furthermore, since the waterproofing is worn out, it only a matter of time before your downstairs neighbour complain about water stains and leakage on their ceiling.

yoongf

Master Member
Reaction score
Can show pic of other side of wall and the toilet floor? The damage suggest there is water ponding somewhere and there is moisture slowly creeping up the wall.

Ponding could be result of poor tiling workmanship / design, but also suggest waterproofing is intact.

ksw101

Reaction score
I checked the other side but looks fine or maybe I don’t see the problem area...

rulL1z4.jpg

eJpSa66.jpg

VINtJi7.jpg

388I03J.jpg

va80bIW.jpg

Can show pic of other side of wall and the toilet floor? The damage suggest there is water ponding somewhere and there is moisture slowly creeping up the wall.

Ponding could be result of poor tiling workmanship / design, but also suggest waterproofing is intact.

qhong61

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any ideas how I can repair water seepage wall by myself? Water is from bathroom floor I didn’t think seriously few months ago but I see wall and wood are damaged from water.

SqjTPld.jpg

xJuCTKM.jpg

G4OgHyY.jpg
So bad. How old is the flat?

GBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s 4 years. Can I book a technician myself or need to contact MCST first?

MCST will only be involved if it's common area or your downstairs neighbour complaint about water seepage on their ceiling from your unit. Other than that, you need to settle things yourself.

I came across this product which looks promising but don't know whether they ship to Singapore or not.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KDHDC8W/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AQY03UMMYCSSB&psc=1

yoongf

Master Member
Reaction score
Usually a bathroom floor have a drop so that water collects like a pan and flows into the floortrap. Yours is almost flush with the outside floor. U hv a marble threshold to act as a kerb. This is very unusual as the waterproofing boundary will have no way to terminate properly. We dont know whether that wall is inside or outside the waterproofing zone.

One way is to do an epoxy coating on the entire toilet floor to recreate a drip pan like effect. Other than that is really all guesswork.

lingenieur

Reaction score
The door frame shouldn't be sitting on your bathroom floor, water shouldn't be touching your door frame. There should at least be a minimum of 20mm drop between the bathroom and outside space. Is there a floor waste near the shower area? Doesn't really make sense for water to flow to that wall area... seems that part of the wall is not waterproof.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.