What are good textbooks for H2 Bio and H2 Chem?

sgt4leaf

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be taking A levels (private) in 2016, so I wanted to ask about these 2 subjects.

Are 'collins advanced science' bio and chem good?

51kSx0J2qeL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41xS3N%2Bdd1L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

mamoo82

Reaction score
This seems quite popular and good.

Any advice about Biology book?

Biology go for Campbell. It's the standard text. Use it to supplement your notes as the information for certain topics might be found in different chapter of the textbook.

sgt4leaf

Banned
Reaction score
Biology go for Campbell. It's the standard text. Use it to supplement your notes as the information for certain topics might be found in different chapter of the textbook.

I'm a private candidate, so I don't have 'notes' other than what I get from local websites. Campbell biology is that the one that costs $300+?

mamoo82

Reaction score
I'm a private candidate, so I don't have 'notes' other than what I get from local websites. Campbell biology is that the one that costs $300+?

Look for them at carousell or brightsparks forum. Do waste more than $50 buying them and I would go for schools like RI or HCI. For the Campbell book, it can be purchased at Popular at around $80. Otherwise see if there are people selling it at carousell or brightsparks forum. I think the edition in popular is either 9th or 10th but 1 or 2 editions lower is fine too as the contents would be similar.

sgt4leaf

Banned
Reaction score
Look for them at carousell or brightsparks forum. Do waste more than $50 buying them and I would go for schools like RI or HCI. For the Campbell book, it can be purchased at Popular at around $80. Otherwise see if there are people selling it at carousell or brightsparks forum. I think the edition in popular is either 9th or 10th but 1 or 2 editions lower is fine too as the contents would be similar.

Thanks man.

Do you think it's the Campbell book alone is enough to study for A levels or is it a must to get JC's notes?

mamoo82

Reaction score
Thanks man.

Do you think it's the Campbell book alone is enough to study for A levels or is it a must to get JC's notes?

either one is good but i would rather go for JC notes. at least it's summarised and straight to the point. currently, are you taking a course that's bio related? otherwise, some of the stuff may be hard to comprehend.

sgt4leaf

Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys know what's a good book for Physics and Econs as well? I have 2 books already, but want to know if anything is better. I'm using Collins advanced science physics and Sloman's economics.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.