What are some of the things Govt done that have benefited the people?

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing at all, this country just simply existed itself to give us a housing, education and transport system.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
according to Telegram chatgroup #GSTistohelpthepoor... GST benefitted everyone...

Singapore金枪不倒

Reaction score
Berli grateful they have all these 600K per year mayors in our country, every month see them attending events and giving out food stuff, then sometimes I get to shake their hand. Really helped the country alot, 感恩 :s22:

SMLJMIW

Suspended
Reaction score
I very thankful they tax only the water I drink and soon, the electricity I use (carbon tax). Very thankful they haven't taxed the air I breathe.

Every morning I wake up, I say thank you to ahgong.

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
I very thankful they tax only the water I drink and soon, the electricity I use (carbon tax). Very thankful they haven't taxed the air I breathe.

Every morning I wake up, I say thank you to ahgong.
You forgot, you should be thankful for CPF too

tell me which other place on earth you can put your $ guaranteed 4% interest and guarantee your principal ?

SMLJMIW

Suspended
Reaction score
You forgot, you should be thankful for CPF too

tell me which other place on earth you can put your $ guaranteed 4% interest and guarantee your principal ?
Ya lor, compound also right? Over time become many many money just like our fiat monetary system become many many debt compared to GDP. Most satki system ever invented.

Mechafanboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gahmen give and gahmen also take. For every advantage, there's a major drawback.

Public transportation is pretty sakti. Yes, there's the occasional breakdown but when compared to most nations, our public transportation is very well developed.

On the flip side, private car ownership is amongst the most costly in the world.

Another would be CPF, retirement is planned for by gahmen. On the flip side, a huge chunk of salary is taxed for retirement scheme, that's lost opportunity cost.

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
Gahmen give and gahmen also take. For every advantage, there's a major drawback.

Public transportation is pretty sakti. Yes, there's the occasional breakdown but when compared to most nations, our public transportation is very well developed.

On the flip side, private car ownership is amongst the most costly in the world.

Another would be CPF, retirement is planned for by gahmen. On the flip side, a huge chunk of salary is taxed for retirement scheme, that's lost opportunity cost.
Agreed.

CPF can be good or bad

bad is your money is locked in , like you mention lost opportunity cost

good would be preventing people to retire without savings = need Govt support = higher taxes

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
last 10 years? roughly what i can remember...

• cooling off of property market, especially with higher tax on 2nd ppty.
  • removing cost and allowing more options to invest, still can do much better.
  • expansion of MRT network.
  • focus education more on tech, late but better than never.
  • allowing WFH or flexi work, though it takes a virus to force their hand, hopefully they don't revert back because that would undo the progress.

SMLJMIW

Suspended
Reaction score
Only sheltered walkways.
But still do half fugged job, ngiaow to do wider shelter....cover so narrow and tall, you get wet from rain anyway when wind blows. As if they assume a rain fall exactly straight down. :s13:
It also just occurred to me that most are not sloped adequately for leaves to fall off. Over time, they will accumulate on top. The contractors basically just collected good gahmen money and did a half past six job.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.