What are you reading now?

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it? I have the paperwhite right now and thinking of getting the Oasis too but I'm still waiting for the day they give Kindles a USB-C charging point.

The increase in reading screen estate is not significantly more than the Paperwhite, and the later is way more pocketable so ymmv.. personally I still like the Paperwhite abit more

@n0nym0us

Reaction score
The increase in reading screen estate is not significantly more than the Paperwhite, and the later is way more pocketable so ymmv.. personally I still like the Paperwhite abit more
Hmmm, but I do like that you have more space to hold it and there are buttons for turning the page, hence I was considering it. But it is too big to fit in smaller bags and less convenient to carry around when going out.

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, but I do like that you have more space to hold it and there are buttons for turning the page, hence I was considering it. But it is too big to fit in smaller bags and less convenient to carry around when going out.

Fitting into small bags is probably fine.

Oasis ergonomics is good for one hand usage, the page scroll button(s) is just where the thumb is. If leftie just rotate the device and reading screen auto rotates

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Fitting into small bags is probably fine.

Oasis ergonomics is good for one hand usage, the page scroll button(s) is just where the thumb is. If leftie just rotate the device and reading screen auto rotates
I quite like oasis e-reader rotating function. It is easier to read, especially when reading seating up in a bed.

hwsstx

Reaction score
FYI. Received this email from Kindle after using its Send to Kindle service today.

We want to let you know that starting August 2022, you’ll no longer be able to send MOBI (.mobi, .azw) files to your Kindle library. Any MOBI files already in your library will not be affected by this change. MOBI is an older file format and won’t support the newest Kindle features for documents. Any existing MOBI files you want to read with our most up-to-date features for documents will need to be re-sent in a compatible format.

Compatible formats now include EPUB (.epub), which you can send to your library using your Send to Kindle email address. We’ll also be adding EPUB support to the free Kindle app for iOS and Android devices and the Send to Kindle desktop app for PC and Mac.

feigningfancy

Master Member
Reaction score
Just curious for those who still buys physical copies. any bad experiences on the “pirated” books on Shopee ar? Came across a few shops but after seeing the reviews very mixed feelings

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally finished mistborn book 3. Not bad wor :o :o . Seems like book 4 is a different story arc will continue another time. Taking a break from fantasy just bought this :o

41OKZoTYkSL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_QL70_ML2_.jpg

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woo just finished my too big to fail. Nice read :D

Planning to read this next. Seems like many good reviews. Happen to chance upon it in youtube comments.

12649718._SY475_.jpg

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Just curious for those who still buys physical copies. any bad experiences on the “pirated” books on Shopee ar? Came across a few shops but after seeing the reviews very mixed feelings
I try not to buy on shopper cuz the quality not guaranteed. The pages are sometimes torn, from what I hear or the binding is gone case

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finished my red queen yesterday. Quite nice didn’t feel bored at any section. :D

Will get the remaining series at later time. Reading this now for the time being. Realized i bought this but had been seating on my kindle unfinished.

31138556._UY500_SS500_.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.