What dishes do you usually order at chye peng stall?

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seldom eat cai png but if I do, must order veggies. Meat is either pork or chicken, sometimes both if I like the dishes or squids. And no gravy unless is assam sauce.

I don't order fish as usually are those lousy dory fish, eggs, cauliflowers. Will also avoid deep fried stuffs unless I have craving.

Vader

Master Member
Reaction score
I used to like curry chicken but realized not many can cook well.

Curry chicken used to be stewed over long hours, now taste more like chicken on curry powder.

Miss.Molly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, not bad.
Seems like a lot of you make sure you have vege in your cai png.

Pe-Covid U saw this 60-70ish man eat:
sweet sour pork + chicken + steamed egg
and throw out all the cucumber pieces.

New Eden

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least 1 stir fried green leafy veg or bean sprouts, egg tofu, pork or chicken.

Occasionally change the meat to fish.

Miss.Molly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think it is the most nutrious meal we can get at coffee shop, food court.eyc

Yeah a lot ppl critical of cai png, but it is about the only meal you can have outside with enuff vege (depending on your choices of course)

AlmightyOnes

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At previous work place, usually Fu rong egg, as for meat can be either 1 depending what they had for day cereal chicken or salted egg yolk chicken, or gong bao chicken or the lean pork with soy sauce or something and vegetable either broccoli or cabbage, steam egg (If no fu rong egg) or tofu.

Miss.Molly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You same with me. I usually less rice with 3 vege dishes for lunch.

Vege dishes I like Kailan, Bai Cai, Lettuce, Pumpkin, Mushroom, Broccoli,Steam Egg, Cauliflower, Bittergourd, Eggplant, Qin Cai, Cai Xin, Toufu, Bean Sprouts, etc.

On rare occasion is 2 vege and 1 chicken meat dish but very rare.

You no like meat?

eggie011

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hardly eat chye png. Braised meat, potato/egg and okra/bean sprout/loofah.

JustForFun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You no like meat?

Prefer veg more for lunch. The chap cai peng veg dish nice. Many years never eat meat that are cook fried, only steam, braised, boiled or stir-fry meat.

Dinner usually own cook soup with claypot or 1 cup of instant oat with 2 fried eggs or 1 can of baked bean or spaghetti with shitake mushrooms slices. Soup usually fresh chicken seaweed, fresh chicken old cucumber, fresh chicken abc, fresh chicken black bean, fresh black chicken... Occasionally use soup pork ribs.

Before sleep is 1 cup choco milk or Milo or instant oat.

2 Fuji apples daily is definite. Sometimes with an orange or few bananas.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.