Kunkka

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amd should buy it back

Posted from PCWX using LYA-L29

fatscaryuncle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fabs have alot of fts, and even manager level and exec level staff also need go inside cleanroom wear space suit. Maybe sinkies just don't like. But many of the techs could afford cars then.

In my year in poly I was the only local to take fab as specialization. The rest all ft.

Maybe not glam enough for sinkies to take up, maybe not enough sinkies even if got many sinkies want to pick up. I dunno.

Based on the youtube video sinkieland also cannot outspend tsmc or samsung, lose in scale.

jkohlc2

Banned
Reaction score
the ending part of the video on how many singaporeans actually benefited ish interesting

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Please la
I worked in fab for almost 10yrs
Fabs have alot of fts, and even manager level and exec level staff also need go inside cleanroom wear space suit. Maybe sinkies just don't like. But many of the techs could afford cars then.

In my year in poly I was the only local to take fab as specialization. The rest all ft.

Maybe not glam enough for sinkies to take up, maybe not enough sinkies even if got many sinkies want to pick up. I dunno.

Based on the youtube video sinkieland also cannot outspend tsmc or samsung, lose in scale.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

kyang69

Master Member
Reaction score
You mean CSM, Charted Semiconductor Manufacturing?

Sent from Samsung SM-T830 using GAGT

pwongkk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CSM's only good time and lucky break is the major earthquake that happened in Taiwan in the late 90s where production facilities were affected.

After that when the Taiwanese fabs recovered, Chartered no longer saw the same utilisation rate.

tankgunner

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
TSMC is too way ahead of the competition liao.
don't think Samsung can do anything about it.

simnonsg

Reaction score

When CSM was listed, the car parks inside the campus was full till they have to rent the open space opposite the campus for the staff to park the cars.
Those were the good old days.

Operations still have local managers and vice president, only the technology development have most of the foreign talents

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This quite true, the last time I was in a local fab, most people I met were either Msians or likely from a South Asia country :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.