what is the point of shopee pay

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Admin fees are applicable for all credit card top-up. I am also using MasterCard. I did not realize about the admin fees until I saw the charge imposed. I did not see the new ruling which I think was effective from 1 May 2022.

gotch admin charge for master card meh ? If haf who want to use Shopee pay riaos

m/mink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I top-up via Paynow but the money was not reflected on the Shopeepay account till now. It should by right be credited immediately. My bank confirmed that the money had already been sent to Shopeepay. The Shopee online agents were not helpful in resolving my issue. They only gave lip service replies that the matter has already been escalated to the "relevant department". They did not say when the money will be credited. I am thinking of the correct agency to complain if the money is eventually still not returned.
Recently read a merchant complaining on igs of not receiving payment owing to them (merchant) too and not just one time. She was also waiting for help to resolve. Seems unreliable for both buyer and seller.

geographic

Reaction score
Is it safe to leave our money in Shopeepay? If there is an issue who can we approach for help.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Admin fees are applicable for all credit card top-up. I am also using MasterCard. I did not realize about the admin fees until I saw the charge imposed. I did not see the new ruling which I think was effective from 1 May 2022.
oh thanks..I thought $1 fee applies to Visa only :o

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to leave our money in Shopeepay? If there is an issue who can we approach for help.
Previously when there are no fees, I top up when I want to make a purchase when some loose change. I don't keep big amount inside any prepaid wallet.

geographic

Reaction score
oh thanks..I thought $1 fee applies to Visa only :o
Sorry, I think it may be applicable only to Visa as per the Seniors in the forum who have mentioned and quoted the clause. I just checked mine is a Visa Credit Card. I may check again prior to the next top-up. If Masters is free than I will switch to Masters.

kaypohmeow

Reaction score
Sorry, I think it may be applicable only to Visa as per the Seniors in the forum who have mentioned and quoted the clause. I just checked mine is a Visa Credit Card. I may check again prior to the next top-up. If Masters is free than I will switch to Masters.
Just top up to buy something, cfm master is free

Kena charged $1 using visa in my previous top up ☹️

bubbles_08

Reaction score
I just top-up one week ago via PayNow due to admin fees imposed for top-up via credit card. The transaction was successful but my Shopeepay account was not credited with the money I transferred. I tried contacting Shopeepay but they kept saying already escalated the matter to the relevant department. Till now the matter is still not resolved.
eh something like that happened to me but CS was able to help rectify it. They needed some time to find out why though - just provide the relevant screenshots + transaction ID!

I showed my paynow SMS that said I topped up + a screenshot of my transaction history on shopeepay.

RLWZ21

Reaction score
but guys just checking why are there so many e-wallet topup via visa required admin charges? is there any news about such thing? i mean even grab pay also chaging this as well.

jt6118

Reaction score
but guys just checking why are there so many e-wallet topup via visa required admin charges? is there any news about such thing? i mean even grab pay also chaging this as well.
because Visa charges a fee for transactions including topup to these wallets. so the platform transfer the fees to us lo. lol

vaguejizz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shopee pay credits can transfer back to debit card? Just top up ns $100 in shopee

footi3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so that you can top

not true la.. currently only $1 topup charge for visa debit/credit cards
Only from 1 August 2022 then ALL debit/credit cards will be charged $1 topup fees

6e24c6f3efede1c337aa919c417ba912

Kain999

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh something like that happened to me but CS was able to help rectify it. They needed some time to find out why though - just provide the relevant screenshots + transaction ID!

I showed my paynow SMS that said I topped up + a screenshot of my transaction history on shopeepay.
I just made a blunder yesterday, top up $100 but i used the previously paid contact so it actually didnt enter the reference number for me like the Paynow QR.
So money deducted from bank to Shopee but not credited to account cos i guess they wont be able to figure out who topped up.
Emailed the CS with photos etc, they say forward to relevant department and get back to me in 3 working days. Fingers crossed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.