What is the scariest city you have visited?

KusitoriBuro

Banned
Reaction score
Uncle very lucky. Never been anywhere wilder than jb.:D
i been mugged in jb once when i was a teenager. go jb jalan jalan alone. the robber pointed a syringe at me said it's with aids. when asked me to give him all my money. but i only have few dollars note.

he asked me whether i got money to go home. i said i had some coins. lol

GeraldC

Reaction score
Not a city, but the Karak highway on the way to Genting Highlands. There was a bunch of motorcyclists passing us at around 250+ KPH, while I did my best to stay locked in my lane, lane splitting and swerving in between cars, tankers trucks, buses and lorries. They've even got videos of their exploits.

Auzz18

Banned
Reaction score
Theres this city where its rulers declare to the whole world that they are leading in percentage of vaccinated. Then end up covid daily cases become uncontrolled and blown out of proportion, leaving many covid positives at home auto discharge after 10 days to potentially infect more people outside

Sellerion

Reaction score
Europe: Paris
SEA: Phnom Penh, Indonesia
Phnom Penh I went like maybe 10 years ago, heard multiple gunshots a few nights. Heard from local guide that the rich there not happy take out gun and shoot people. I heard Sihanoukville now is filled with ex-cons and Chinese gangsters.

Indonesia just doesn’t feel safe to me whenever and wherever I’ve gone.

Really?? Indonesia.... Cannot be bah. The tourists spots confirm safe enough de.

Pohpiahskin

Reaction score
Milan for me. Got my luggage stolen from my car. Then wanted to go to the police station but cannot find. In the end, was walking along a street but was getting dark, asked a random guy on the street where is the police station and he said to follow him. Followed him for awhile then suddenly 2 other guys walking from the opposite direction stop and talk to him.

Then this guy motion me to continue follow him into a side alley but the other 2 guys ask me not to go but to give them my phone to call the police. I also scared once I give them my phone they run off. Wah lau, my panic alarm going off. Dunno who to trust.

In the end I said thank you to everyone and call the police hotline on the spot making sure I speak loudly to make sure they hear I am speaking to the Policia.

Faster walk back to my car and drive off. Good thing didn't lose my luggage and then kena robbed or worse.

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Detroit, back during the late 90's. Drove over from Toronto with a friend to pick up his sister at the airport. Reached the city like 5-6 hours early so decided to drive around. What we saw was really jaw dropping. I immediately remembered this is the city the story of Robocop is suppose to be in. We ended up decided to head back to the airport and waited there for his sister instead. Then dashed back into the Canadian side of the border once we picked her up.

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Detroit, back during the late 90's. Drove over from Toronto with a friend to pick up his sister at the airport. Reached the city like 5-6 hours early so decided to drive around. What we saw was really jaw dropping. I immediately remembered this is the city the story of Robocop is suppose to be in. We ended up decided to head back to the airport and waited there for his sister instead. Then dashed back into the Canadian side of the border once we picked her up.

The first time I was in the States was on holiday with my family .

We saw graffiti on the walls which literally said “ KILL COPS”.

Given the Detroit Robocop movie connection, I personally found it slightly hilarious.
but the rest of my family were scared $hitless . :s13:

LPPLKPKB

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You Heng. Some airport taxi in China is controlled by syndicate one and got their own system one, quite likely they planning to rob u. But China many camera all over city if he want rob u will likely drive u to a highway and dump u there

Taxi drivers in Xian and Kuming were dodgy, I didn’t feel safe when visited there.

naked123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Phichit, Thailand

Everywhere no lights except main road but only a certain stretch. Roads leading to the highway is just pitch black most of the time and it takes more than 1 hr to reach the highway

quiet af after 8pm like ghost town except for the lone 7/11

cold af at night and can reach 16c

in the middle of the night door knob suddenly twist open slightly making a creaky sound...........

bunch of kids on motobike without lights going very slowly around hotel looking for something............

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haa I actually strolled through one of the favela (vidigal) in the late afternoon to a viewpoint up a hill and then came out of it at night. Was scared initially but after a while looking at the residents going through their daily life along the main road, I felt more relaxed. My risk appetite was much higher back then, prob won't do the same thing again.

I salute your bravery in exploring the hornet’s nest .

I went there mainly for business but manage to sneak in a weekend touristy trip to visit the famous Christ the Redeemer .
That was the only touristy thing my group dared to attempt whilst in Rio .

tobii0609

Reaction score
Second, PARIS.

was there with wife as part of Europe trip. Our friend got spitted on her hair by a siao lang mumbling some s*** (ticketing booth customer service person look on in amuse), druggie-looking chap showed us metro staff pass (how the f we recognised their passes?!) offering & persuading to "teach" us how to use the ticketing machine, gypsies-looking young girls forcing some survey to us & pick my phone in split second. Chased her through the metro, yes.... gate-crashed through the metro gantry like she did cos bo si gan buy ticket, all the while metro security(?) looked on amused (again) but did nothing. My mind was actually in shock & emptied.... this never happen in SG, and am always extremely careful with personal possession. Honestly I don't even know who I was chasing after.... & saw a girl that resembled the one earlier on. I shouted Singkie powerful phrase "Ooi" with all my might, eyes staring big big & finger pointing at her. I think she got it. Put my Samsung note 3 phone wrapped in white paper on the stair, raised her hands in the air, signifying "ok, u got me, I surrender, haha". All these happened in a day. It was my life's greatest adventure & really made me hate PARIS. Oh, btw, seemed like Singkie bu lobe PARIS deep deep. Shopping, romantic city, what s***, none of us felt this. Sharon au even migrate there? Gibe me free house I also don't want! Effiel tower lomatic at night? Wait till u see big-sized orh langs around it at night trying to sell u some s*** , & we Asian are so darn small-build, which made them look intimidating. And yes, the metro train.... run down & looked like everyone is eyeing your belongings, shifting closer & closer.... despite we carried none-branded stuff. Oh, our local guide do confirmed central PARIS is a s***hole though she didn't use this word.... but u get the point. She did mentioned suburbs are way nicer. But I can't wait to leave PARIS. Our first stop was Switzerland & last stop London. This just made these 2 places so much nicer. In London, we were looking at a map, and an elderly man asked politely "son, are you lost?". But in conclusion, I just find Asian countries better. Some here disliked China, its fine, I travelled a few cities in China & actually like China more after my encounter in s***ty PARIS. Just me.

Peace 🌿

P.S. ok, this is actually good thread started by a bro. Brings up a memory of my adventure. Inside, I'm just a peaceful person. Hate these movie scenes.

BlackMarpizan

Reaction score
kiev is generally safe, dun wonder off the urban area

you come mexico then you know what is horror

i even witness an exorcism ritual in tijuana
@Kind_Creature A bit late but mind sharing more about Mexico and the exorcism ritual? Have read many things about the drug cartels there, allegedly they practice Satanism there too :eek:

GreatPumpkin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@tobii0609

European tourist cities are all like that. That's why I don't 100% enjoy my holidays there. 1 eye look at the sights, 1 eye look out for danger, then meanwhile the wife have no situational awareness and is wandering about like a goondu.

I remember one strange incident in Rome. My wife was in the fitting room of a boutique so I sat on a chair inside the shop to wait for her. Without warning this ang mo family entered the shop and headed directly towards me to see the clothes hanging on a rack in front of me. Sensing pickpockets, I got up and walked to the other side of the shop. That ang mo family immediately turned and left.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.