what is your favrourite book/author of all time?

GreggMQ

Reaction score
I love to read Shakespeare's books and watch his plays. He's a genius for sure. You can always find his works all around the Internet, on websites like this one with facts about william shakespeare where authors gathered all the basic and advanced information about his life, and a lot of cool quotes from his works.

Last edited:

pbandoeng

Reaction score
Jack Reacher by Lee Child, Scarecrow and Jack West by Matthew Reilly, Oregon Files by Clive Cussler, Michael Crichton, Mario Puzo as well as The Jester by James Patterson

also

All Chin Yung and Gu Long books especially The Legendary Sibling

9eptember18

Reaction score
My favourite authors for the genres:

Horror: Sebastian Rook (Vampire Plagues), Meg Cabot (Mediator), Darren Shan (Demonata, Cirque du Freak), Christopher Pike (The Last Vampire), Brian Keene (Darkness on the Edge of Town), Seth Grahame-Smith (Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter; Jane Slayre; Pride and Prejudice and Zombies), Rick Yancey (Monstrumologist, the Fifth Wave), Rhiannon Lassiter (Hex), Marcus Sedgwick

Mystery/Thriller: Dan Brown (Digital Fortress, Deception Point, Robert Langdon), Anthony Horowitz (Alex Rider), David Moody (Hater), Lemony Snicket (A Series of Unfortunate Events), Dia Reeves (Bleeding Violet), Sidney Sheldon

Fantasy: J K Rowling (Harry Potter), Jenny Nimmo (Charlie Bone), Meg Cabot (Avalon High, 1800-Where-R-U), Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson, Kane, Magnus Chase, Apollo, Demigods and Magicians), Katherine Roberts (The Seven Fabulous Wonders, Echorium), CS Lewis (Narnia), Alison Croggon (Pellinor), Alison Goodman (Eon), Diana Wynne Jones (Howl's Moving Castle), Michael Scott (Nicholas Flamel), Michelle Paver (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness), Terry Pratchett (Discworld), Christopher Paolini (Inheritance), David Eddings (Belgariad), Catherine Fisher (Chronoptika, Oracle, Incarceron), John Bellairs (Lewis Barnavelt)

YA Romance: Meg Cabot (Teen Idol), Sara Shepard (The Lying Game), Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush, Hush), Lauren Kate (Fallen), Thomas E Sniegoski (Fallen), Cassandra Clare (Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices), Isaac Marion (Warm Bodies), LA Weatherly (Angel), Rebecca Lim (Mercy), Kami Garcia (Beautiful Creatures), Melissa de la Cruz (Blue Blood), Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games), Carrie Ryan (The Forest of Hands and Teeth), James Dashner (Maze Runner), Courtney Allison Moulton (Angelfire), Amy Plum (Die For Me), Yvonne Woon (Dead Beautiful), Kiersten White (Paranormalcy), Kody Keplinger (The DUFF), Philip Reeve (Mortal Engines), Kevin Kwan (Crazy Rich Asians), Alexandra Bracken (Darkest Minds), Jodi Picoult, Alice Sebold (The Lovely Bones)

Children: Jeff Kinney (Diary of a Wimpy Kid), Meg Cabot (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls), Jacqueline Wilson (Tracy Beaker, Girls), Cressida Cowell (How to Train Your Dragon), Georgia Byng (Molly Moon),

Classic: Charlotte Bronte (Jane Eyre), Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice), George Orwell (1984), Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird), Charles Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes),

Last edited:

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've always loved Sue Townsend for her Adrian Mole series.

I've enjoyed Ernest Cline's Ready Player One immensely; perhaps partially due to the myriad 80s pop culture references.

Thinking whether to pick up on James S.A. Corey for his The Expanse series; absolutely love the TV series.

Round Table

Reaction score
This is a very predictable answer but one of my favourite writers is J.R.R. Tolkien. The Lord of the Rings is one of my favourite book series and was ahead of its time. His less mainstream works are very good too. I particularly like what he did with the tale of Beren and Luthien (aka Arwen's ancestors) - a beautiful piece of classical fantasy with incredible literary flair. If I remember correctly, Tolkien likened himself and his wife to the couple.

grapefruit

Reaction score
Books by Maeve Binchy, Mitch Albom, Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl & Paulo Ceolho

Tuesdays with Morrie

Last edited:
Reaction score
Puddin' by Julie Murphy

It is a companion novel to Dumplin', which follows supporting characters from the first book in the months after Willowdean's star turn in the Clover City pageant.

Millie Michalchuk has gone to fat camp every year since she was a girl. Not this year. This year she has new plans to chase her secret dream—and to kiss her crush. Callie Reyes is the pretty girl who is next in line for dance team captain and has the popular boyfriend. But when it comes to other girls, she’s more frenemy than friend. When circumstances bring the girls together over the course of a semester, they will surprise everyone (especially themselves) by realizing they might have more in common than they ever imagined.

Nierika

Reaction score
Top 10

The Magic Mountain (Mann)
The Man Without Qualities (Musil)
Swann's Way (Proust)
The Sound and the Fury (Faulkner)
The Trial (Kafka)
Ficciones (Borges)
The Book of Disquiet (Pessoa)
Pedro Páramo (Rulfo)
The Devil to Pay in the Backlands (Rosa)
Hopscotch (Cortázar)

mrBooBoo

Reaction score
Waking up: A guide to spirituality without religion (Sam Harris)

He brought meditation to a new light.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Michael Crichton
Andrzej Sapkowski
Stephen King

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.