'What more does he want?' McDonald's staff tests positive for Covid-19 but says boss 'die die' wants her to work

swenson

Reaction score
She also never go see doctor again to extend MC, expect people to believe she still +ve.
Maybe she use back the used before ART kit to take picture?
Just assume that no need go work. Self declare MC is may not be accepted by many coy

although MOH also say after 7 days if still +ve, can go back oredi, cuz no longer infectious liao, is it true?

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
@razorlala @TopGun guys, pls don't fight and argue over this girl. U guys will not benefit anything if u guys keep arguing non stop. Do u think the girl will choose u guys to be her significant other if u guys win the argument? Absolutely not! So no point arguing and fighting over a lost cause. She probably don't even read comments in hwz.

It's not about fighting for this girl. I don't care about this individual per se.

It's to call out unreasonable behavior and incorrect understanding of the prevailing practice so that more people know that is right and not fall victim of insecure supervisors who insist in their old, archaic and incorrect ways.

Geneco

Banned
Reaction score
Then maybe spread to delivery guy.

Delivery guy spread to customer then customer to family members and office ppl
Maybe spread to elderly and they kenna hospitalised, some might even go icu or succumb to the virus... :frown:

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
She also never go see doctor again to extend MC, expect people to believe she still +ve.
Just assume that no need go work. Self declare MC is may not be accepted by many coy

although MOH also say after 7 days if still +ve, can go back oredi, cuz no longer infectious liao, is it true?

There is no need to go back to see the doctor again to extend MC.

Work and leave arrangements for employees under self-isolation
  • Employees should immediately inform their employer when they test positive for COVID-19 and begin their self-isolation at home. They should not report to the workplace.
    1. Employees who are physically well should be allowed to work from home if they are able to do so. If working from home is not possible, employers should treat the period of absence as paid sick leave (either paid outpatient sick leave or paid hospitalisation leave) without requiring a MC.
    2. For employees who are unwell due to the infection, whether issued with a medical certificate or not, employers should similarly treat the period of absence as paid sick leave.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/adv...who-test-art-positive-but-are-physically-well

iceblendedchoc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

depends on which variant. For my third covid, i tested positive until day 23.

Now just finished my fourth covid, day 5 negative.

tomsss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which macdonner outlet is this

wanna go there is beo who dis manager and how team there work.

you sometimes can tell alot from the team work behavior.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
The manager could had asked for a picture of the ART?

Did you read? There is no need to visit a GP to obtain a MC. The advisory is crystal clear. And here you are insisting that the person is a spoilt brat for not going back to the doctor to obtain an official doc or obtain more mc.

Approach to self-isolation
  • Employees who are mildly symptomatic or physically well but self-test positive are advised to self-isolate at home for 72 hours1. There is no need for these employees to visit a General Practitioner (GP), polyclinic or Emergency Department in the hospital, or any medical professional for that matter, just to undergo a confirmatory Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test2 or to obtain a medical certificate (MC) or recovery memo. Employees who feel unwell may consult a doctor for medical advice if they feel the need to do so.
  • After 72 hours of self-isolation, employees should do a self-ART. If the result is negative, such employees may return to work and resume normal activities. However, if the result is positive, the employee should continue to self-isolate and self-test until they obtain a negative result or until 12pm on Day 7 if fully vaccinated or Day 14 if not fully vaccinated, whichever is earlier [Note: Day 1 is the date of the first positive ART test].
https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/adv...who-test-art-positive-but-are-physically-well
lets say you are right and this is still valid.

now no testing center? you mean any picture of a +ve art kit is valid for 1 to excuse themselves from work?
you telling me companies have no right to enforce that all employees must produce MC? got this clause?

even now moh say indoor no nid wear mask many companies still have the right to force every1 wear mask.

btw, i not sure how ar, mom law is 7days paid AL and 14days paid sick leave. but my workplace have contract workers only entitled 7days AL and 4day paid mc. only MC accepted :)
n apparently its all perfectly legal. got ppl comprain MOM before.

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Omg report this supervisor to MOH and MoM nao.... :frown:
Dun like that lah.

afterward the manager say what "he received death threats" and "he felt endangered".

ownself guai lan, then when internets a few people say him nia, he will say he "get death threats" and "make pooris repork".

dun sabo edmw lah :(

touchyourheart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

now no testing center? you mean any picture of a +ve art kit is valid for 1 to excuse themselves from work?
you telling me companies have no right to enforce that all employees must produce MC? got this clause?

even now moh say indoor no nid wear mask many companies still have the right to force every1 wear mask.

btw, i not sure how ar, mom law is 7days paid AL and 14days paid sick leave. but my workplace have contract workers only entitled 7days AL and 4day paid mc. only MC accepted :)

are you the said manager?
you really lack empathy.
please don't ever go into management.

Wu-Han Clan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wa this kind head must roll... serve food leh still want to force employees to come back...

this kind of low ses managers deserve to get pok.... mcdonald sg facebook knw alrdy????

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

The advisory is 100% valid. I welcome you to check in with MOM on the validity of this advisory.

Again, I reiterate by citing the relevant sections.

- Employees who are mildly symptomatic or physically well but self-test positive are advised to self-isolate at home for 72 hours1. There is no need for these employees to visit a General Practitioner (GP), polyclinic or Emergency Department in the hospital, or any medical professional for that matter, just to undergo a confirmatory Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test2 or to obtain a medical certificate (MC) or recovery memo.

- E
mployees who are physically well should be allowed to work from home if they are able to do so. If working from home is not possible, employers should treat the period of absence as paid sick leave (either paid outpatient sick leave or paid hospitalisation leave) without requiring a MC.

Whether can a company insist for the staff to obtain a MC is a matter you brought up. So is it McDonald's policy for all ART+ staff to see a doctor and obtain a MC? I would love to hear McDonald's response to this.

I have no idea of the relevance of your last para. That sounds like a matter involving the employment act.

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score

MOM and MOH better get their BLARDY SHIET TOGETHER AND WAKE UP THEIR IDEA.

dun Health say "no need product MC" and den Manpower say "Up to employer to decide but we strongly encourage..."

is like telling a prostitute to fook u in the ka cng with a friggin strap on with no lube and then u have to say thank u

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
The advisory is 100% valid. I welcome you to check in with MOM on the validity of this advisory.

Again, I reiterate by citing the relevant sections.

- Employees who are mildly symptomatic or physically well but self-test positive are advised to self-isolate at home for 72 hours1. There is no need for these employees to visit a General Practitioner (GP), polyclinic or Emergency Department in the hospital, or any medical professional for that matter, just to undergo a confirmatory Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test2 or to obtain a medical certificate (MC) or recovery memo.

- E
mployees who are physically well should be allowed to work from home if they are able to do so. If working from home is not possible, employers should treat the period of absence as paid sick leave (either paid outpatient sick leave or paid hospitalisation leave) without requiring a MC.

Whether can a company insist for the staff to obtain a MC is a matter you brought up. So is it McDonald's policy for all ART+ staff to see a doctor and obtain a MC? I would love to hear McDonald's response to this.

I have no idea of the relevance of your last para. That sounds like a matter involving the employment act.
Let's say you are right and this advisory is still valid and not superceded by another.
how employees can show evidence they actually got covid leh? I use same art kit every week say i still positive can anot?
Your advisory got say anot?

The relevance is, if she alrdy used up her paid sick leave quota, her awol, even if is a valid sick leave, will be unpaid sick leave 🙂

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
MOM and MOH better get their BLARDY SHIET TOGETHER AND WAKE UP THEIR IDEA.

dun Health say "no need product MC" and den Manpower say "Up to employer to decide but we strongly encourage..."

is like telling a prostitute to fook u in the ka cng with a friggin strap on with no lube and then u have to say thank u
They purposely do it like that so its vague so employers can't be faulted esp if they wanna penalise employees who exploit loopholes.

Employees like topgun can quote advisories all they like, end of the day its up to the company to see what they want to enforce.
Perfectly legal to require mc to be granted sick leave. Advisory is just an advisory.
But it wont be valid to be used as grounds for termination. At most her awol is unpaid sick leave

kekoumian

Banned
Reaction score
What if the student is a university student getting a degree soon? Means the manager only had o-level?
No uni student work in mcdonald's la. Those r mostly kids in secondary school. Uni students won't do this kind of job. Mostly give tuition or drive grab or doing sone freelance work related to their field of work.

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
What if the student is a university student getting a degree soon? Means the manager only had o-level?
Very very rare see uni student do hustles at Mac or bussing tables at restaurants.

Uni students usually would either take internships at related companies or what.

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Let's say you are right and this advisory is still valid and not superceded by another.
how employees can show evidence they actually got covid leh? I use same art kit every week say i still positive can anot?
Your advisory got say anot?

The relevance is, if she alrdy used up her paid sick leave quota, her awol, even if is a valid sick leave, will be unpaid sick leave 🙂

No need to preface with let's say. I am right and this advisory is valid.

Now humans have brains and humans are capable of judgement. How can employees show evidence that they actually have COVID? The easiest is trust which obviously some people lack. Next is to use brain. How many times can 1 person claim to get COVID in a month? And finally, what's stopping the company from conducting a supervised ART via a video call as a last resort?

Do you need to advisory to be 100 pages long to cover every single permutation?

Now don't bring in "if she already used up her paid sick leave quota". It has no relevance to why you called her an entitled beech. But I will humor you. This is covered under the FAQ.

Every employee who has at least 3 months of service is entitled to up to 60 days of paid sick leave, including hospitalisation leave, which should generally be sufficient to cover self-isolation.
For new employees who do not have sufficient paid sick leave entitlement to cover the period of absence, employers are encouraged to allow them to take advanced paid sick leave. In the event of contract termination which happens before the employee has completed 3 months of service, the employer may make the necessary salary deductions for unearned sick leave benefit.
You should exercise compassion and flexibility in supporting the needs of your employees.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/fre...who-test-art-positive-but-are-physically-well

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.