What to buy with USD1K Amazon Gift Card balance?

Downloader

Reaction score
What to buy with USD1K Amazon Gift Card balance (wife's coy long service reward)?

Since my ageing non-gaming laptop need replacing, I'm wondering if Black Friday/Cyber Monday will make buying from Amazon worth it?

The replacement will be desk-bound home use only with an old 1920x1080 16:9 TV doubling up as monitor which I will upgrade down the road if necessary or if buying it from Amazon now make any sense.

I'm also so out of the loop on form factor vs cost vs performance comparison to consider what is the better replacement i.e. laptop or mini-pc/pc or buy components (including monitor) to build one (I used to build more than a decade ago).

Since there's no expiry, it's not necessary to spend all. On the other hand, I don't mind topping up a bit if it's recommended especially since I may want to do some casual gaming if the replacement can support.

I keep seeing Legion 5 being recommended. Is this a good buy?

Downloader

Reaction score
its only worth if have local warranty. lenovo qc isnt good.
Is it because non-Thinkpad series ain't that good? I'm only considering getting one from Amazon because of the gift balance. Otherwise forking out money for one without warranty coverage is a valid concern. Any idea which brand has international warranty?

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What to buy with USD1K Amazon Gift Card balance (wife's coy long service reward)?

Since my ageing non-gaming laptop need replacing, I'm wondering if Black Friday/Cyber Monday will make buying from Amazon worth it?

The replacement will be desk-bound home use only with an old 1920x1080 16:9 TV doubling up as monitor which I will upgrade down the road if necessary or if buying it from Amazon now make any sense.

I'm also so out of the loop on form factor vs cost vs performance comparison to consider what is the better replacement i.e. laptop or mini-pc/pc or buy components (including monitor) to build one (I used to build more than a decade ago).

Since there's no expiry, it's not necessary to spend all. On the other hand, I don't mind topping up a bit if it's recommended especially since I may want to do some casual gaming if the replacement can support.

I keep seeing Legion 5 being recommended. Is this a good buy?
how bout this, get the min specs from legion 5 cto in lenovo website, use the amazon cards to upgrade ssd and the ram yourself......

or if can tahan just wait, ddr5 plus pcie 4 plus usb 4 round the corner for amd reimbrandt

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Import multiple items that are below 400 USD and sell it for money, quite straightforward leh this one.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.