What to do if can't collect IC personally?

Dreamblaster

Reaction score
My son is in hospital for a long haul and can't physically collect his new ic. Sent message to seek further assistance to ICA and received standard reply same as what is on the website. Said they won't entertain as the answer can be found on their website. Their website stated that must personally collect as they need to verify the person's identity.

I asked hospital to grant him leave about 1 hour to go collect ss I arranged for collection at the nearest post office to the hospital but they refused and gave me a doctor's letter stating that he's in hospital and asked ICA to let me collect on his behalf.

Both sides not giving way. What can I do? If not collected within 3 months, ICA will destroy the IC. Already 1 month gone.
Please advise.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
You dun want go Lavender ask cos it’s too far for you? I mean if really despo and 1 month alrdy lapsed liao that could be the only way to get a definite answer hor :look:

claypot_king

Banned
Reaction score
My son is in hospital for a long haul and can't physically collect his new ic. Sent message to seek further assistance to ICA and received standard reply same as what is on the website. Said they won't entertain as the answer can be found on their website. Their website stated that must personally collect as they need to verify the person's identity.

I asked hospital to grant him leave about 1 hour to go collect ss I arranged for collection at the nearest post office to the hospital but they refused and gave me a doctor's letter stating that he's in hospital and asked ICA to let me collect on his behalf.

Both sides not giving way. What can I do? If not collected within 3 months, ICA will destroy the IC. Already 1 month gone.
Please advise.
Your son condition bad until hospital no approve leave?

hotamp

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i guess just send the letter to ICA and ask them to hold on to the IC....now TS son is in hospital not much use for it anyway, after discharge then collect. nowadays singpass have record of the IC as well, just use that temporary loh.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
If the hospital can't even grant him ts son (assuming ts is not trolling) permission to go to a office post, what more lavender?
I saw post#7 str8 away I can tell either you din read ts’ post or you got problem understanding basic simple Engrish. I think the latter is more likely.
You dun want go Lavender ask
Understand who I’m talking about when I ask “You”. :look:

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
You dun want go Lavender ask cos it’s too far for you? I mean if really despo and 1 month alrdy lapsed liao that could be the only way to get a definite answer hor :look:
ts, I think really boh bian you have to bring the doctor’s letter then find 2 hrs go Lavender 6th floor and ask the counter person huat to do for your son’s case. Maybe (just saying) just maybe they may grant another 3 months for the collection of the ic. :look:

the email and call situation I also encountered b4. Can email and call and wait till pek cek they just won’t reply one so I can understand the frustration here:look:

EDMW-Hates-Me

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you need the NRIC now? Destroy liao remake is the normal or more ex price? Son unlikely to be discharged in the next 2 months?

Cannot settle privately then ask publicly on FB lor. If it goes viral, very fast will have solution.

Reaction score
Please advise.

you have two option.
A, go find your hospital social worker and get help, they can and have the power to do so.

B, find your mp, they can and have the power to do so.

you can't.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

danny8x8

Banned
Reaction score
ts, I think really boh bian you have to bring the doctor’s letter then find 2 hrs go Lavender 6th floor and ask the counter person huat to do for your son’s case. Maybe (just saying) just maybe they may grant another 3 months for the collection of the ic.
look.gif

the email and call situation I also encountered b4. Can email and call and wait till pek cek they just won’t reply one so I can understand the frustration here
look.gif

our gahment departments so jialat?!!! who the ministar in charge?! this is unacceptable!

claypot_king

Banned
Reaction score
you have two option.
A, go find your hospital social worker and get help, they can and have the power to do so.

B, find your mp, they can and have the power to do so.

you can't.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Because without ts elaborating on the child condition, it is an non issue.

Ica will just keep the ic past the dateline if uncollected and wait for ts to approach them.

uselessbum

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this your child's first IC at 15?

Then shouldn't it be sent to his secondary school for collection? If so then school should be able to hold on to it longer or at least they will be more sympathetic towards your situation and help bring your case up.

:(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.