When is the next best time to buy laptop?

Pearce

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
11.11 Sales
Black Friday Sales
Cyber Monday Sales

Among them, when is the next best time to buy laptop at lowest price?

Thinking to buy Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 5410 laptop

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
11.11 Sales
Black Friday Sales
Cyber Monday Sales

Among them, when is the next best time to buy laptop at lowest price?

Thinking to buy Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 5410 laptop
Given the global shortage of parts, I won't be surprised if the big deals don't match up with last year's.

But for me, last year I purchased during BFCM for my Thinkpad. Had 30% off the discounted price.

Pearce

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Given the global shortage of parts, I won't be surprised if the big deals don't match up with last year's.

But for me, last year I purchased during BFCM for my Thinkpad. Had 30% off the discounted price.
Better buy now than when all sold out?

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Better buy now than when all sold out?
I won't really buy now if I can afford to wait.

If I have to buy, then I'll track prices and wait for Cyber Monday. That's usually when US companies have sales, and the larger ones trickle down to us.

Pearce

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I won't really buy now if I can afford to wait.

If I have to buy, then I'll track prices and wait for Cyber Monday. That's usually when US companies have sales, and the larger ones trickle down to us.
But what if buy from local store like Dell?

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i think now would be a good time to buy. a lot of shops started their 11.11 promotion alr so I think its worth trying
I don't really rate the Chinese sales as sales. They're gimmicks from the Chinese market that have come in. So no 1/1, 2/2, 3/3 etc...

Black Friday/Cyber Monday is tied to a holiday season (Thanksgiving), so like CNY for Chinese in SG/MY/HK/TW, it's a once-a-year thing. It's on a larger scale. Or Tanabata/Golden Week. These once-a-year sales usually have bigger discounts for big ticket items.

natas

Reaction score
i think now would be a good time to buy. a lot of shops started their 11.11 promotion alr so I think its worth trying

In SG. marketplace or merchants are running out of ideas... 1.1, 2.2, 3.3, etc sales... after this 11.11 will follow up 12.12, xmas, new year sales. :D

I worked in hardware distribution company before... hardware margin is not high with so many competitors and channels. Unless those old models or slow moving, waiting to get rid else nothing special about these sales.

Last edited:

trueb1u3

Master Member
Reaction score
Wait for all the fake sale 1.1 2.2 3.3 4.4 5.5 6.6 7.7 8.8 9.9 10.10 11.11 12.12
Best is don buy, wait n wait till later till covid die. Then all your money never have chance to use. Sad

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
won't be another black friday cyber monday. if there's any time to get it, it's now tbh.
Black Friday/Cyber Monday is an American sale - because it's tied to Thanksgiving which is their biggest celebration in their culture. (Think Reunion dinner for Chinese)

BF is the day after Thanksgiving, and CM is the Monday after - so it's a weekend-long event. It will always be around, and since it's once a year, the sales are genuine.

Often, discounts are better than the gimmicky Chinese once-a-month pseudo-sales. The Chinese have gotten people "programmed" to monthly sales that it becomes a norm - everyday is a sale. For the Chinese in China, their "big day" is Singles-day, but it's also been dwarfed by their monthly sales such that no XX/XX sale has the same impact already. Simply, people are overwhelmed by "sale" so much so that even other major events like Black Friday are not special anymore. I believe this was the real psychological intention of the XX/XX sales. ;) Once a consumer is aware, the smart ones will not consider the monthly XX/XX sales a "real sale" and focus on the major ones -BFCM (US based companies, which are the real ones consumers want most of their big-ticket products like laptops - even iHerb has BFCM sales since it's a US company), Lunar New Year (SG/MY), Easter (in Australia & UK), Singles Day (for China).

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think wait next year new models better. Anyway new launch and sale like not much diff. Rtx 3070 Lenovo legion 5 pro was selling 2599 launch, till now not much difference, might as well wait new model buy at launch.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Generally, if you want a good laptop sale, you got to look outside of Singapore. Prices locally are all jacked up, and so even with discount, they are generally considerably more expensive. The flip side of buying overseas is warranty.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.