where to get China Sim Card in SG?

tycosiao

Master Member
Reaction score
I have not encountered places selling a China Sim in Singapore yet.

Maybe someone can share more light in this.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
You can always get one easily at the airport you arrive at. This makes more sense as some of the services incur roaming charges when you travel out of the city or province where you purchased the card.

Last edited:

Wardyn

Reaction score
Will this SIM card work in all regions of China?

I will be traveling to Nanjing and i will want to use it on a Iphone 4. Will this work?

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Will this SIM card work in all regions of China?

I will be traveling to Nanjing and i will want to use it on a Iphone 4. Will this work?

Accordingly to the SIM Kit which I bought previously, it will work on all regions in China. However, at that time, only iPhone 3S was available and there was no mention of MicroSIM. You may need to cut it yourself. I used it previously in China and did not have any problems. Also, the recharge card is readily available in most of the convenience stores in China.

You can try to contact them to check:
During Office Hours (from 9am to 6pm on Mondays to Fridays, excluding Public Holidays):

Call: (65) 62355033
E-mail: info@trusling.com

HighNoon

Reaction score
You can buy at the Airport where you land

I arrived in 广州 early thjis month at around 1 am. After immigration at the luggage collection area, there is shop selling local sim card at 100 yen per card.

They cut the card to microSiM size to fit on my iPhone 4S. Need a restart to get it working.

They would also teach you to use the card that meant for local use to call internationally via VOIP.

I am pretty sure that other airport should have such service. So do check for it first. before you get out.

HN

PS: You can get it cheaper elsewhere may be at 60 to 80 yen. But then I save by being able to test it on the spot, and it come with 3 GB function (not sure if the cheaper one can do that)

AddictedToToys

Reaction score
China SIM

Thanks for the recommendation!

I got the China SIM card from Trusling and it worked like a charm. It came as a normal sized SIM so I had to bring it to a phone shop to get it clipped to a micro SIM with a standard metal clipper before I could use it in my iPhone4 (this service is available in nearly all phone shops). Apparently, this also works the same way with all the other SIMs which they offer.

And thankfully I bought it before going to China. Arrived in Shanghai and my friend, who also needed a China SIM, but couldn't find one at the airport. And by the time we got to the hotel, it was late and most phone shops were closed, so we just ended up sharing mine the first night!

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
Accordingly to the SIM Kit which I bought previously, it will work on all regions in China. However, at that time, only iPhone 3S was available and there was no mention of MicroSIM. You may need to cut it yourself. I used it previously in China and did not have any problems. Also, the recharge card is readily available in most of the convenience stores in China.

You can try to contact them to check:
During Office Hours (from 9am to 6pm on Mondays to Fridays, excluding Public Holidays):

Call: (65) 62355033
E-mail: info@trusling.com

Different region will be different charges. That means you need to pay for extra if your Sim is base on Guangdong but use in Shanghai

Evielicious

Reaction score
For those who has used this particular sim card, how does it stand on data usage? (Surfing - emails/internet/whatsapp)

Not particularly for calling purposes nor international sms for me..

sup3ri0

Reaction score
Different region will be different charges. That means you need to pay for extra if your Sim is base on Guangdong but use in Shanghai
do you know where to get sim card based for Shanghai in Singapore?

Last edited:

Thanatos_Wraiths

Reaction score
Hi I have a 3G China Unicom card for rent.
300 MB Data for Month of Sep good for anywhere in Mainland China (excluding Hong Kong)
(Data mot used for Sep yet as my last usage was in Aug)

Not for use on Iphone 4S as i am on Android and as such cannot have it cutted into MicroSim.
Needs to deposit $$35 with me, fully refundable when you return it to me after your China Trip.
Interested, please PM me for details. :s22:

Gash_1989

Reaction score
I will be going Beijing for holiday soon, may I know where can I get prepaid sim with data? Thanks

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
want to know too...
i want a simcard so i can verified my alipay account :p

Tok Kong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought one as I require a working China number locally.

However, I wasnt able to activate it by calling China Mobile prepaid activate hotline from Singapore.

Any one able to help?

Additional details:
Place china sim in, no signal.
Call the activation number thru sg number, couldnt get thru.

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
By default, there is no global roaming, so of course you cannot activate it from here. There may be a website to activate it. Go ask the people in Chinatown who sell these.

hOp3SoT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought one as I require a working China number locally.

However, I wasnt able to activate it by calling China Mobile prepaid activate hotline from Singapore.

Any one able to help?

Additional details:
Place china sim in, no signal.
Call the activation number thru sg number, couldnt get thru.

hi bro, any solution to tis? :)

Tok Kong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi bro, any solution to tis? :)

Apparently, there's no way to activate the card here according to my PRC friends.

Had also confirm it thru phone call with China Mobile.

But if anyone wish to try, I can let out my china sim card to you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.