where to get China Sim Card in SG?

zzyzx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm in china now... i think i will get one budget roam once i'm back.

since 1st sep 2013, all SIM have to register with IC or passport. Being that, it also means that you have to unregister the number before going home. minimum to hold on to a number is from china mobile which is minimum of 5RMB per month. for 5years, that's 60months worth of number retention. fair value for budget roam.

the thing is 0.06/M which is around $6SGD per 100mb which is fairly pricey.

exactly when i got a shock when i buy a prepaid sim at china mobile when i was at shanghai. now my number is suspended with $5 CNY/mth as i'm back to singapore.

wendy_adelainel

Reaction score
My friends in Singapore temporarily replace Singapore number, it is very cheap to call Chinese mobile, and it is a network.

If you will travel to China, you can get a SIM card by the following method.

More details at BeijingFeeling.com

wendy_adelainel

Reaction score
How to get a Sim Card

Some my friends temporarily replace Singapore number. It is very cheap to call Chinese mobile.

:)If you would like to travel to China and need a SIM card.

:s12:How to get a Beijing Mobile with China SIM Card ?

A policy of real-name registration for mobile users in China was established on 1 September 2010 issued requiring people to show their national ID card and fill out a registration form when you buy a new SIM card enable mobile services.

:s12:Where to Buy a Beijing Mobile with China SIM Card ?

In Beijing China, SIM cards are sold at many places, such as street kiosks, newsstands and grocery stores.

Most Tourist to Beijing will buy a Beijing Mobile with China SIM card at Beijing airport that is a easy way and a quick to get a Beijing SIM card.

yeokpd

Reaction score
China SIM Card

What I need is a China Sim Card mobile number that I can use in China and will continue to work in SG. Any recommendations ? Many thanks !

XiaoZen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What I need is a China Sim Card mobile number that I can use in China and will continue to work in SG. Any recommendations ? Many thanks !
are you willing to continue to pay monthly subscription when u are back in SG?

if yes, you may consider china mobile's 全球通。

bobocat

Reaction score
just remember not to buy the sim-card at airport, they chop carrot. buy from outside

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
I have one unactivated China/HK dual number Mobile sim card to let go at $25 Store value RMB60. Please PM if interested.

critical888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have sold quite a few china unicom sim to some brothers here, still have a few more left

I have some china SIM card extra. Which I activate usually when I reach china.. Best suited for use in Guangdong province. Example Guangzhou. Dongguan. Shenzhen. Etc

each sim i am selling at S$12

Even back in sg still can receive SMS up to a max of three month from date started activation. And it comes with about 500mb of data for each month depending on date of activation. If activate on first day of month will be 500mb of data for use in Guangdong province, actually is 400mb of guangdong province data and 100mb of whole china data, if u activate on 1st day of the month, can be done locally in singapore as in activation,

even in sg u can receive sms from anyone in china

sms me at 976-three-three-three-97 to collect at yishun central 1

thanks!

BudgetRoam

Reaction score
Cheap data rate abroad, WhatsApp/Wechat can be always online!

Cheap data rates: whenever you are overseas, your WhatsApp, Wechat can be always online lah~

- The only 3G Sim card without monthly fee
- Free incoming calls, no roaming fee
- Domestic call: S$0.06/min
- China call Singapore: S$0.08/min
- Low data rate: S$0.06/MB
- Freely receive SMS in Singapore
- Immediately activate in Singapore
- Online top up in Singapore

** Mobile phone bought in SG only can use Unicom 3G network in China
** Overseas sales only, the exclusive sales in SG

Buy Now @ BudgetRoam

Last edited:

MercyOfASwiftDeath

Reaction score
Can this SIM card work cross province? Say from Shanghai to Beijing to Shaanxi?
If yes, what are the rates?
I'm looking to purchase 1

MercyOfASwiftDeath

Reaction score
Yes, it can works in any province of China.

Call any province: S$0.06/min
Unlimited incoming calls: Free
China call Singapore: S$0.08/min
Data rate: S$0.06/MB (Pay as use)

Exclusively sales in Singapore @ BudgetRoam

Okay saw this already. One thing I'm not sure of is the reason as to why ppl decide to but these SIM cards in Singapore when they can get it in China since they would obviously be going there to use the SIM cards in the 1st place

XiaoZen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay saw this already. One thing I'm not sure of is the reason as to why ppl decide to but these SIM cards in Singapore when they can get it in China since they would obviously be going there to use the SIM cards in the 1st place
i actually bought 1 from budget roam.. it's pretty good. more applicable to frequent china traveler. because it can be use at any province of china. you need to take note that across the province is considered domestic autoroaming.

secondly, since the change of China ruling in prepaid card which required real person identification registration. it is no longer like going to any store and pick up a SIM. You actually need to go official shop to register personally. (because we do not have china identification card)

BudgetRoam

Reaction score
i actually bought 1 from budget roam.. it's pretty good. more applicable to frequent china traveler. because it can be use at any province of china. you need to take note that across the province is considered domestic autoroaming.

secondly, since the change of China ruling in prepaid card which required real person identification registration. it is no longer like going to any store and pick up a SIM. You actually need to go official shop to register personally. (because we do not have china identification card)

Dear BudgetRoamer, really glad to hear your positive feedback for our product and thanks for your strong support for us.

Yes, that is one of our advantages. Customers buy sim card in Singapore can avoid the troublesome of looking for official shop to register your sim when in China. Got one sim card before departure, you can call your families and friends once you arrive at your destinations.

Wish all BudgetRoamers have a nice journey to China :)

hcleow

Reaction score
Dear BudgetRoamer, really glad to hear your positive feedback for our product and thanks for your strong support for us.

Yes, that is one of our advantages. Customers buy sim card in Singapore can avoid the troublesome of looking for official shop to register your sim when in China. Got one sim card before departure, you can call your families and friends once you arrive at your destinations.

Wish all BudgetRoamers have a nice journey to China :)

Hi BudgetRoam, I just brought a SIM card from you for travel to China next week. Is it right that the SIM card is already registered and it can be used straightaway? No need to setup or anything?

Also how do I top-up? Is there any way to top-up online?

BudgetRoam

Reaction score
Hi BudgetRoam, I just brought a SIM card from you for travel to China next week. Is it right that the SIM card is already registered and it can be used straightaway? No need to setup or anything?

Also how do I top-up? Is there any way to top-up online?

Dear BudgetRoamer, thanks for your shopping with us.

Yes, we will register for you and you no need to do any set up before you use it.
Once you received your sim card, just make any one call to activate it (can call any number in Singapore).

You can top up it through our online shop @ Overseas Mobile Topup

MercyOfASwiftDeath

Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in purchasing the SIM card, unfortunately not enough details are given. Is there a shop front I can go to so someone can help me activate it?
How would I receive my card? And how many days before I receive it?

BudgetRoam

Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in purchasing the SIM card, unfortunately not enough details are given. Is there a shop front I can go to so someone can help me activate it?
How would I receive my card? And how many days before I receive it?

Hi, so far this item is online sales only. If you want to find more details, you can either call our helpline at +65 3151 3921 or visit our website PRODUCT INFO.

You can purchase this sim card @ ONLINE SHOP and it will take 2~3 working days for normal mail delivery and 1 working day for Express.
You can choose you delivery when you are purchasing online.

This card no need to activate, just make one call ( can call any number) to have it activated after you receive it.

If you have any further inquiries, please feel free to call our helpline for assistance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.